Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa approved, 4-y EAD not arrived yet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U visa approved, 4-y EAD not arrived yet

    Hi,

    Applied for U visa on 01/24/2014
    U visa became available notice day 03/08/2017
    However, my EAD card still has not arrived 04/24/2017.
    Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

    I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

    Has anybody had similar issue?

    TIA
    Last edited by seva; 04-24-2017, 10:57 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by seva View Post
    Hi,

    Applied for U visa on 01/24/2014
    U visa became available notice day 03/08/2017
    However, my EAD card still has not arrived 04/24/2017.
    Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

    I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

    Has anybody had similar issue?

    TIA
    You need your ead card and social # to get employment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by seva View Post
      Hi,

      Applied for U visa on 01/24/2014
      U visa became available notice day 03/08/2017
      However, my EAD card still has not arrived 04/24/2017.
      Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

      I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

      Has anybody had similar issue?

      TIA
      Still waiting for my u visa to be approved but my friend had his case approved not so long ago his timeline was from Sep 2013 and the day he got his approval letter he had his EAD card within 2 weeks. That was last year and now USCIS is really slow issuing the EAD cards I've my
      renewal card in line and still waiting. it has been 4 and 1/2 months so I'm sure that USCIS Work permit department is struggling real bad and they have **** pending for months. Hope you get your EAD soon but your clock already started for the Green card the day you got your approval. Congrats

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
      Application Date - April 14 2014
      DA EAD - April 10 2015
      2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
      2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
      I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seva View Post
        Hi,

        Applied for U visa on 01/24/2014
        U visa became available notice day 03/08/2017
        However, my EAD card still has not arrived 04/24/2017.
        Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

        I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

        Has anybody had similar issue?

        TIA
        Hi Seva,

        Congrats.

        Have you received your U visa approval notice? If yes, than you can work. I was in the same position and my attorney told me I can continue work no need to worry as approval notice clearly states that "You are eligible to work in US." But fortunately I received my EAD in a week after the approval of my U visa.

        Thank You

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Hi Seva,

          Congrats.

          Have you received your U visa approval notice? If yes, than you can work. I was in the same position and my attorney told me I can continue work no need to worry as approval notice clearly states that "You are eligible to work in US." But fortunately I received my EAD in a week after the approval of my U visa.

          Thank You
          Hey Scorpion I have a question!
          Did the status of your I-918 receipt change at USCIS??
          My I-192 was approved but the I-1918 has no changed it still says the same.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi all,
            I have a question here. As I'm abroad and I will enter US after consular processing. Will I have to apply for Ead after I'm in US? My attorney said I will have to apply for EAd after I'm in US? Or I can receive it with my final approval. I have already filed I 765 after filing my petition. Does anyone know exactly or in the same situation I'm? Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cristina View Post
              Hey Scorpion I have a question!
              Did the status of your I-918 receipt change at USCIS??
              My I-192 was approved but the I-1918 has no changed it still says the same.
              Hi Cristina,

              Online status for my I-918 has not changed. I was denied for I-912. But it is good that your I-912 is approved. And again do not rely on online status.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Special View Post
                Hi all,
                I have a question here. As I'm abroad and I will enter US after consular processing. Will I have to apply for Ead after I'm in US? My attorney said I will have to apply for EAd after I'm in US? Or I can receive it with my final approval. I have already filed I 765 after filing my petition. Does anyone know exactly or in the same situation I'm? Thanks.
                Hi Special,

                You can not apply for EAD while your are abroad. You can apply for work permit once you come to US only. Your attorney is 100% right.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Hi Special,

                  You can not apply for EAD while your are abroad. You can apply for work permit once you come to US only. Your attorney is 100% right.
                  Ok. Thank you very much Scorpion. So after I'm in US does Ead still takes 60-90 days even after final approval

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Special View Post
                    Ok. Thank you very much Scorpion. So after I'm in US does Ead still takes 60-90 days even after final approval
                    It will take its time for processing same as they say. 90 days or more.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi, I am abroad too and my lawyer keeps telling me the same, I can file for Deffered Action EAD under C14 only after I am physically present in the U.S. That I understand. But the lawyer didnt even let me file for U Visa EAD under A 19. Is this fair? Scropion, any ideas????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Scorpion, I am abroad too, the lawyer doesnt let me file for EAD neither under C14 Deffered Action nor under A19 U Visa, is this far????? I see people abroad applying for EAD at least under A 19.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by January2016 View Post
                          Scorpion, I am abroad too, the lawyer doesnt let me file for EAD neither under C14 Deffered Action nor under A19 U Visa, is this far????? I see people abroad applying for EAD at least under A 19.
                          Hi,

                          I am not sure why you want to apply for EAD since you are abroad. Generally you can apply for EAD only after coming to US as far as I know. My wife is abroad and I can not apply for her EAD until she arrives in US that is what my attorney told me.

                          Hope this helps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Because I want to get EAD automatically once my Deffered Action is approved . If I come to the U.S and then wait for EAD for 3-6 months, then how I am going to live during this time. I have zero money I can bring me from abroad because I am starving here. I am sure many people have same situation. Lets all applicants work out some solution for applicants coming to the U.S. alone and have no one to support you and have to wait for EAD for 3-6 months. I think after they implement Parole, they also have to allow for concurrents filings of EAD from abroad with Approval Notice so that people can save time. Otherwisr how can we live. Should we contact some big lawyers organization and ask them advocate for this on a large scale or start a petition. How can alone abroad applicants live for 3-6 months in the U.S. waiting for EAD without support. People in same situation please comment. Thank you for the answer Scorpion. You are like a professional first hand U Visa adviser, so many people aak your help and you are also such a nice person because you got your U Visa but continue helping people. I hope the God will give you whatever good possible and we hope to hear some news about your Green Card and citizenship soon. Your mindset is really American. Just nice kind person who wants to help people. Guys we are all Americans but not on the paper yet but we are on our way. We really love this country and we have given our life to serve this country, with or without papers. We sincerely loved America when America gave us nothing at all, we just loved with our heart so thats why America will take us as her children and make us happy forever and ever. Please keep hope and be strong. I am waiting 1 year and 4 months. Lets wait together and support each other.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by January2016 View Post
                              Because I want to get EAD automatically once my Deffered Action is approved . If I come to the U.S and then wait for EAD for 3-6 months, then how I am going to live during this time. I have zero money I can bring me from abroad because I am starving here. I am sure many people have same situation. Lets all applicants work out some solution for applicants coming to the U.S. alone and have no one to support you and have to wait for EAD for 3-6 months. I think after they implement Parole, they also have to allow for concurrents filings of EAD from abroad with Approval Notice so that people can save time. Otherwisr how can we live. Should we contact some big lawyers organization and ask them advocate for this on a large scale or start a petition. How can alone abroad applicants live for 3-6 months in the U.S. waiting for EAD without support. People in same situation please comment. Thank you for the answer Scorpion. You are like a professional first hand U Visa adviser, so many people aak your help and you are also such a nice person because you got your U Visa but continue helping people. I hope the God will give you whatever good possible and we hope to hear some news about your Green Card and citizenship soon. Your mindset is really American. Just nice kind person who wants to help people. Guys we are all Americans but not on the paper yet but we are on our way. We really love this country and we have given our life to serve this country, with or without papers. We sincerely loved America when America gave us nothing at all, we just loved with our heart so thats why America will take us as her children and make us happy forever and ever. Please keep hope and be strong. I am waiting 1 year and 4 months. Lets wait together and support each other.
                              Hi,

                              I know your concerns but the rules are not going to change anytime now. So I suggest you be prepared for what is coming your way. There is no way that you can apply for EAD while out of USA. EAD processing time is 90 days but it is taking around 100 to 120 days at this time. Hope you will get good news soon. Good Luck.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X