Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U visa statistics

Based on latest data set reports, we can hope for following possibilities.
    Expecting U visas for up to April 2014 from remaining 7000 out of this year cap as 3000 having issued already covering upto Jan 2014.
    Remaining 2014 applicants upto September can expect their U visas coming this October. I am from October 2014, I might have to wait for another year.

This is my own ****ysis, I may be wrong
    Calculations based on approximate number of DAs issued in 2014 , average 1850 per month. Margin of error could be (+/-) 1 month.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2017_qtr1.pdf

They still working in some visas from Dec 2013 and hage gone as far as March 31 2014 of approved visas , very randomly, but is what I have seen so far , many from between those moths still waiting in DA .
    I dont see to much hope from them going to give or cover petitions from August 2014 , they had given some from Sep but the dates are not gping to move to far .
    In the beginning of 2013 was less than year to get DA and anotherone for U visa aproval . For the applicants by the end of 2013 it has been more than 3 years for the U visa aproval , and the current system by wich they are working now is going to make things go slower .
    I will like to see if they are going to cover all 2014 by putting all those petitioners in DA in the FY 2018 , but for sure is going to pass the 3 years line for someone with a Dec 2014 aplication just to get DA .

Comment

Originally posted by Prince View Post
      Based on latest data set reports, we can hope for following possibilities.
      Expecting U visas for up to April 2014 from remaining 7000 out of this year cap as 3000 having issued already covering upto Jan 2014.
      Remaining 2014 applicants upto September can expect their U visas coming this October. I am from October 2014, I might have to wait for another year.

This is my own ****ysis, I may be wrong
      Calculations based on approximate number of DAs issued in 2014 , average 1850 per month. Margin of error could be (+/-) 1 month.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2017_qtr1.pdf
      My attorney took 8 months to file my case, kept Bsing me about the police chief is not giving him an appointment (for a small town of 0.869 mi²) and finally in Feb 2014 we went together to get the Supp-b signed by him and Chief sat in the office and talked to us for half and hour and
      such a nice guy and remembered my case from 2009. But anyway still my attorney didn't file for another two months and finally submitted my complete application on April 14 2014. So I could have already gotten my case approved by now if he didn't slack like that and charged me a fortune. I'm waiting for two EAD cards now 1. from U Visa application and 2. DA EAD renewal which ever comes first. (EAD Expired already and state won't renew my Driver license).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
      Application Date - April 14 2014
      DA EAD - April 10 2015
      2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
      2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
      I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
        My attorney took 8 months to file my case, kept Bsing me about the police chief is not giving him an appointment (for a small town of 0.869 mi²) and finally in Feb 2014 we went together to get the Supp-b signed by him and Chief sat in the office and talked to us for half and hour and
        such a nice guy and remembered my case from 2009. But anyway still my attorney didn't file for another two months and finally submitted my complete application on April 14 2014. So I could have already gotten my case approved by now if he didn't slack like that and charged me a fortune. I'm waiting for two EAD cards now 1. from U Visa application and 2. DA EAD renewal which ever comes first. (EAD Expired already and state won't renew my Driver license).
        Hard luck. You could have got your green card by now. Even I have delayed for 1 and half year and I am still waiting for my DA

Comment

Same was happened with my case in 2014. I completed my application and paid legal & filing fees to my attorney. Some how she didn`t sent my application and delayed it for more than 3-4 months. She gave me discount of some amount from her legal fees. I didnt realize at that time that this delay is going to cost me more than 1 year for getting approved.

Comment

I'm not mad because I found out about U-visa after 4 years of my incident. Living in shadows for last one decade now. Tough life man. Still don't know when I will get any good news. Thanks for still keeping in touch with the U-visa applicants and helping us. I hope everything is going well post approval. If you find anything worth sharing about the process please share your views and tips.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

I'm not mad because I found out about U-visa after 4 years of my incident. Living in shadows for last one decade now. Tough life man. Still don't know when I will get any good news. Thanks for still keeping in touch with the U-visa applicants and helping us. I hope everything is going well post approval. If you find anything worth sharing about the process please share your views and tips.
              I know very well as I found out about U visa after 3 years as well. The incidents took place in 2011 and I applied in 2014.

Yes sure will share each and every step.

Just got DL and started consular processing to bring my wife from abroad.

Comment

Congratulations. Thanks again. U-visa is a blessing for the victims but wait is a killer. I've helped myself informing other people like me ever since, about the program but I tell them about the killer wait time.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

At this moment it feels like each month counts. Even I feel why I wasted so much time to apply for U visa... I would have gotten my DA by now if I had apply when all my documents was ready.

Comment

Working...
                  X