Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa cap increase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U visa cap increase

    https://www.change.org/p/u-s-senate-...-000-to-30-000

    Why is CLOSED ? Anyone knows ?

  • #2
    At the bottom of the site it says the petition was delivered to the US Senate, maybe this is why it's closed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nika View Post
      At the bottom of the site it says the petition was delivered to the US Senate, maybe this is why it's closed.
      I have seen too many such petitions since 2014. Nothing has changed. Congress even not bother to look at it. Hope to change.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        I have seen too many such petitions since 2014. Nothing has changed. Congress even not bother to look at it. Hope to change.
        Nobody cares if you don't have sizeable numbers. Many historic decisions made or reversed with petitions. Before we expect the authorities to hear us we have to ask ourselves are we made our voices heard louder? There are hundreds of thousands applicants who visit this forum thousands of times but nobody is bothered to sign the petition. only 250 of us out of hundred thousand applicants would not make it to Congress. Size does matter.
        Some members jump in with stupid excuses defending themselves for not bring part of it fearing identity disclosure. Your every detail including your biometrics are with them already. I have seen how the H4 visa Holders unified into a massive group fought for EAD through petitions and got it in 2015 for the first time in American immigration history. There's nothing wrong or illegal to petition our grievances to the government.

        Comment


        • #5
          Calm down prince. Scorpian and I have signed it many times. Can you please give your timeline?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Prince View Post
            Nobody cares if you don't have sizeable numbers. Many historic decisions made or reversed with petitions. Before we expect the authorities to hear us we have to ask ourselves are we made our voices heard louder? There are hundreds of thousands applicants who visit this forum thousands of times but nobody is bothered to sign the petition. only 250 of us out of hundred thousand applicants would not make it to Congress. Size does matter.
            Some members jump in with stupid excuses defending themselves for not bring part of it fearing identity disclosure. Your every detail including your biometrics are with them already. I have seen how the H4 visa Holders unified into a massive group fought for EAD through petitions and got it in 2015 for the first time in American immigration history. There's nothing wrong or illegal to petition our grievances to the government.
            Hi Prince,

            When you talk about H4 visa holders, they are all in well position. Look here us we are all victims of crimes, many are undocumented who even scare to come out and talk about it. Your point is right. But I there are many petitions ran by different organizations like ASISTA and many more. I have seen numbers like 25000 or more signed. Compare to U visa and H1/H4 visa this number stands pretty good. H4 visa holders are the one who come here as spouse of H1-B visa holders. Their number is way greater then us and far in well position.

            Here U visa applicants are struggling to get even one time bread. How you suppose them to come out and do something like that. Congress needs to understand it the Humanitarian way. I, we all hope that changes soon with better options. Even I am against the 3 year rule of stay in order to get GC.

            Good Luck

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              I have seen too many such petitions since 2014. Nothing has changed. Congress even not bother to look at it. Hope to change.
              I know, Scorpion. I just answered the question of Bob regarding why petition is closed. BTW hope one day something will really change for the better. I don't know if will stand another 10 years without seeing my family.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nmhrk View Post
                Calm down prince. Scorpian and I have signed it many times. Can you please give your timeline?
                I know you and Scorpion have been actively involved and been very helpful to the forum.
                Btw, congratulations. I am very happy for you, at last after a long wait. May be I should also hear the good news soon. I am from October 09, 2014

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Hi Prince,

                  When you talk about H4 visa holders, they are all in well position. Look here us we are all victims of crimes, many are undocumented who even scare to come out and talk about it. Your point is right. But I there are many petitions ran by different organizations like ASISTA and many more. I have seen numbers like 25000 or more signed. Compare to U visa and H1/H4 visa this number stands pretty good. H4 visa holders are the one who come here as spouse of H1-B visa holders. Their number is way greater then us and far in well position.

                  Here U visa applicants are struggling to get even one time bread. How you suppose them to come out and do something like that. Congress needs to understand it the Humanitarian way. I, we all hope that changes soon with better options. Even I am against the 3 year rule of stay in order to get GC.

                  Good Luck
                  Hi, Scorpion, any news about your wife's consular processing? Is her interview scheduled? Did she have interview. Please update us, I am a January, 2016 applicant. Thank you so much, Scorpion!!!! ))))))

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by January2016 View Post
                    Hi, Scorpion, any news about your wife's consular processing? Is her interview scheduled? Did she have interview. Please update us, I am a January, 2016 applicant. Thank you so much, Scorpion!!!! ))))))
                    Hi,

                    My wife`s consular processing is in process as it takes little time. I have to wait until PIMS updates my and her record. This is the system which is used by all the consulates using outside USA. This take 30-60 days. Once it is updated my attorney will receive an email from them. Than I will take the interview date. If I take interview date before that than there are chances that the consular officer might ask to wait for that. And also I have to send some documents to her as well.

                    So, yes process is started but will take some time. I don`t want to take any chances.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      Hi,

                      My wife`s consular processing is in process as it takes little time. I have to wait until PIMS updates my and her record. This is the system which is used by all the consulates using outside USA. This take 30-60 days. Once it is updated my attorney will receive an email from them. Than I will take the interview date. If I take interview date before that than there are chances that the consular officer might ask to wait for that. And also I have to send some documents to her as well.

                      So, yes process is started but will take some time. I don`t want to take any chances.
                      Scorpion, if your approvals is not in PIMS yet, your lawyer has to e-mail them with request to upload your approval to PIMS which they will do in 2 business days. Read Foreign Affairs Manual=FAM, U Visa section. Its instruction for consular officers. If I find the right e-mail adress I will post it here. Thats the reason I suggested you to text to my Whats App +79826087021. I am abroad and thats why I studied consular processing very well as as U Visa. Text me to WhatsApp if you want so that I dont forget to find e-mail address for you and you save 60 days of wait. They say they will upload it to PIMS in 2 business days at the request.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Scorpion, tell your lawyer to e-mail KCC Kentucky Consular Section at [email protected] and they will upload your approval notices to PIMS in 2 business days. Your lawyer might not know consular processing so well, your should insist and tell him to read Foreign Affairs Manual=FAM, U Visa section.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Scorpion, specially for you:
                          https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM040206.html

                          FAM 402.6-6(F)(2) Evidence Forming Basis for U Visa Issuance
                          (CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
                          (Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.85 N3.1 CT:VISA-1972; 03-04-2013)
                          a. Before issuing a visa, you must use the electronic Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) record created by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) to verify petition approval and validity. You are able to access the details of approved nonimmigrant visa (NIV) petitions through the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD), through the PIMS Petition Report.
                          b. You must not rely solely on a Form I-797, Notice of Action, presented by an applicant, for the purpose of U visa issuance. You must confirm the information contained in the Form I-797 through PIMS. If PIMS does not yet contain the record, send an e-mail to [email protected]. KCC’s T & U Visa Unit will add petition details and upload a scanned copy of the approved petition into PIMS within two working days. You may not authorize a U visa (or any petition-based NIV) without verification of petition approval through PIMS.
                          c. A valid Form I-797 must include the date of the Notice, the name of the petitioner, the name of the beneficiary, the petition/receipt number, the expiration date of the petition, and the name, address, and telephone number of the approving DHS office. The paper Form I-797 is an unsigned computer-generated form.
                          9 FAM 402.6-6(F)(3) Waiver of Inadmissibility
                          (CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
                          (Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.85 N4 CT:VISA-1972; 03-04-2013)
                          a. If you discover any inadmissibilities, you must enter the appropriate refusal code(s), regardless of whether the inadmissibilities were subsequently waived. If unwaived inadmissibilities remain, you must inform the applicant whether a waiver is available, and also refuse the applicant under INA 221(g), pending the waiver. If a waiver is approved, you must overcome the INA 221(g), waive the appropriate refusals, and proceed with the case. If the waiver is still valid, you may not charge new application fees or require the applicant to re-apply. You may find the waiver validity dates on the last page of the I-192 in PIMS. If PIMS does not yet contain the record, send an email to [email protected].
                          b. A petitioner must file Form I-192 directly with USCIS Vermont Service Center, to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. All inadmissibilities must be explicitly waived by USCIS prior to issuing the visa. If an inadmissibility ground exists and has not been waived, the U petitioner will have to file a waiver with USCIS. Waivers of inadmissibility for U nonimmigrant visa applicants are not processed through the Admissibility Review Office (ARO). If the I-192 is approved, and the petitioner is otherwise eligible for a U visa, you must issue the visa for the duration stated on the last page of the I-192 in PIMS, or the I-797 approval notice. You must not submit CLOK Deletion requests for U visa applicants based on an approved waiver of ineligibility (see 9 FAM 303.3-4(D)(2) and 9 FAM 302.3-2(D)(1)).
                          c. Under the Battered Immigrant Women Protection Act of 2000 (BIWPA), the Secretary of Homeland Security has the discretion to waive any ground of inadmissibility with respect to U nonimmigrant beneficiaries, except the ground applicable to participants in Nazi persecutions, genocide, acts of torture, or extrajudicial killings. (See INA section 212(d)(14).) However, the Secretary of Homeland Security first must determine that such a waiver would be in the public or national interest.
                          d. If a waiver is available, you must provide the applicant with procedural information. The authority to waive ineligibilities for U visa applicants rests solely with USCIS at the Vermont Service Center's VAWA Unit. Post cannot recommend or decline to recommend a waiver; however, the VAWA Unit may not be aware of all of the derogatory information related to a U visa applicant, and will consider any derogatory information post wishes to provide when processing waivers. You may provide this information to the USCIS Vermont Service Center by email: [email protected], or by telephone: 802-527-4888. USCIS considers all information when making decisions on waivers, and takes into account serious criminal activity by U applicants that might create further victims if a waiver was granted.
                          e. If no waiver is available, you must enter the appropriate refusal code(s) and return the case with an explanatory memo to the USCIS VAWA Unit, via KCC.
                          (Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.85 N3.4 CT: VISA-1997; 06-07-2013)
                          f. Exempt from Public Charge: U visa applicants are exempt from INA Section 212(a)(4).
                          (Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.85 N3.6 CT:VISA-1972; 03-04-2013)
                          g. Passport Waivers: A U visa may be placed in a Form DS-232, Unrecognized Passport or Waiver Cases, only in very rare circumstances. (See 9 FAM 403.9-3(D).) Passport waivers are most often sought for children whose biological parents are unavailable or unwilling to apply for a minor’s passport. You should collect guidance from local passport issuing authorities and family courts about procedures required of guardians or custodians to obtain passports for such children, and provide this information to applicants who claim they cannot obtain passports.
                          9 FAM 402.6-6(G) Validity, Fees, and Reciprocity
                          (CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
                          (Previous Location: 9 FAM 41.85 N3.2 CT: VISA-1972; 03-04-2013)
                          a. U visa applicants are required to pay the MRV fee, as prescribed in the current Schedule of Fees, and any applicable reciprocity fees. You do not have authority to waive any fee established in the Schedule of Fees except to the extent that the Schedule itself authorizes the waiver. All exemptions are noted in the Schedule. There are no exceptions to the noted exemptions. Requests for MRV fee waivers, including requests from members of Congress or other government agencies, must be politely declined if the waiver is not clearly authorized by the Schedule of Fees.
                          b. U visas must be issued for multiple entries, with an expiration date corresponding to the applicant’s 21st birthday (if U-3); the Reciprocity Table; or the petition validity, as listed in PIMS, or the Form I-797, Notice of Action; whichever is less.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Hi,

                            My wife`s consular processing is in process as it takes little time. I have to wait until PIMS updates my and her record. This is the system which is used by all the consulates using outside USA. This take 30-60 days. Once it is updated my attorney will receive an email from them. Than I will take the interview date. If I take interview date before that than there are chances that the consular officer might ask to wait for that. And also I have to send some documents to her as well.

                            So, yes process is started but will take some time. I don`t want to take any chances.
                            Scorpion, instructions to consular processing say that you or lawyer shouldnt wait to be contacted by consulate because they will not and you/your lawyer should act yourselves. You lawyer should e-mail them to the adress I gave you and ask them to upload your approval notices to PIMS. I mean the lawyer e-mails consulate and asks the consulate that consulate e-mails to Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) at the e-mail adress I gave you and consulate asks KCC by e-mail that KCC uploads your approval notices to PIMS so that consulate can see them and regulations say that after consulate asks KCC by e-mail, KCC must upload your papers to PIMS in 2 business days. Your lawyer has to push the consulate to e-mail KCC and ask to upload your papers to PIMS and remind that according to regulation of Foreign Affairs Manual which official state department instruction for consulate, it takes 2 business days. Dont waste time and push the lawyer. If the lawyer doesnt know his job, then he has to study again and read Foreign Affairs Manual, U Visa section. Even if the lawyer doesnt know, tell him you know this and push him to ask the consulate to send e-mail to KCC a and upload your papers to PIMS in 2 business days, not 60.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi everyone,
                              I'm new in this forum. My timeline is-

                              Receipt date: March 11, 2014
                              Received DA: April 8, 2015

                              I'm abroad in India and waiting to receive final approval. Are there more people in India and would be going through Consular Processing, please connect in Whatsapp.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X