Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U Visa Deferred Action Approved. Passport Renewal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U Visa Deferred Action Approved. Passport Renewal

    Hello Guys ,
    I have Applied on June 24-2014 and my Deferred Action approved on End of the October 2016. Since than I am Waiting for EAD card Approval.. Its been 5 months.... So many calls to Vermont service center, 1 Info pass visit to local Immigration Filed office. Immigration Attorney send emails to Vermont service center but not positive reply from VSC. In Florida without EAD you can not renew Id. 5 months jobless .. frustrated even though Deferred action approved.

    Also Now I am facing another Issue. If any Indian guys has knowledge or not.... On U visa or on U visa Deferred action status , Indian Embassy will not renew your passport. I have my wife and daughter's passports are expiring this month and mine 6 month after , I have contacted CKGS, they Denied to take application , advised me to contact Indian Embassy in Atlanta. If they give permission than only they will take Passport renewal application. I contacted Atlanta Embassy , emailed. Found that they says U visa falls under Asylum Category so they Can't renew Indian passport. So I do not have EAD card, Nor renewal of State Id or Not Renewal of Indian Passport. So what will I present to authority when they required to submit current photo identification?

    So now we all who are approved under U visa or Deferred Action status EAD C(14) category won't get their renewal of passport until we gets green card I think... Unless Indian Authority changes the decisions. So what nationality of Ours ? neither we have US Passport nor we going to get Indian passport renewal. So 3-4 years on deferred action + 4 years on U visa so Approx 10 years will take to get renewal of Indian Passport???

    If anyone who renewed their passport on U deferred action status or U visa approval... Please guide me how they renewed their Passport.. Please

  • #2
    Keep hope , this month I receive a EAD that took them 6 months to process based in a DA aplication , so if you go by comparison to my experience your EAD will come very shortly .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Trump View Post
      Keep hope , this month I receive a EAD that took them 6 months to process based in a DA aplication , so if you go by comparison to my experience your EAD will come very shortly .
      Thank you Dear..... when will your DA approved? If you don't mind to share your Time Line?
      Also Did you check with your passport expiration date?

      Comment


      • #4
        I think once u receive ur EAD u will be able to renew ur passport. Because in the passport application they do ask u for the EAD number to confirm if u have legal status. And since u have DA u do have legal status. So wait until u get ur EAD and try to apply for passport renewal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Thank you Dear..... when will your DA approved? If you don't mind to share your Time Line?
          Also Did you check with your passport expiration date?
          I'm not from India , but faced the same request , thanks God my country didn't give a hard time getting a new one .
          The EAD was for a derivative , the aplication for was summited in Sep and receive the card in March .
          I apply for U visa back in Feb of 2014 and got DA in Oct 2015

          Comment


          • #6
            Dear... U visa Category A(19) And deferred action category C(14) category is not eligible for renewal of Indian Passport.... I have confirmed with CKGS and Indian embassy at Atlanta. Only Deferred Action category is eligible for renewal of Indian Passport is deferred action status C(33). And On Deferred Action based on U category is C (14) which is written on EAD card.

            Comment


            • #7
              Id renewal

              Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Hello Guys ,
              I have Applied on June 24-2014 and my Deferred Action approved on End of the October 2016. Since than I am Waiting for EAD card Approval.. Its been 5 months.... So many calls to Vermont service center, 1 Info pass visit to local Immigration Filed office. Immigration Attorney send emails to Vermont service center but not positive reply from VSC. In Florida without EAD you can not renew Id. 5 months jobless .. frustrated even though Deferred action approved.

              Also Now I am facing another Issue. If any Indian guys has knowledge or not.... On U visa or on U visa Deferred action status , Indian Embassy will not renew your passport. I have my wife and daughter's passports are expiring this month and mine 6 month after , I have contacted CKGS, they Denied to take application , advised me to contact Indian Embassy in Atlanta. If they give permission than only they will take Passport renewal application. I contacted Atlanta Embassy , emailed. Found that they says U visa falls under Asylum Category so they Can't renew Indian passport. So I do not have EAD card, Nor renewal of State Id or Not Renewal of Indian Passport. So what will I present to authority when they required to submit current photo identification?

              So now we all who are approved under U visa or Deferred Action status EAD C(14) category won't get their renewal of passport until we gets green card I think... Unless Indian Authority changes the decisions. So what nationality of Ours ? neither we have US Passport nor we going to get Indian passport renewal. So 3-4 years on deferred action + 4 years on U visa so Approx 10 years will take to get renewal of Indian Passport???

              If anyone who renewed their passport on U deferred action status or U visa approval... Please guide me how they renewed their Passport.. Please
              What ID you couldnt renew ?
              Uvisa app. 8/11/2014
              Transfer to NSC 11/29/2016
              DA. 1/26/17
              DA EAD APP. 3/10/17

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Dear... U visa Category A(19) And deferred action category C(14) category is not eligible for renewal of Indian Passport.... I have confirmed with CKGS and Indian embassy at Atlanta. Only Deferred Action category is eligible for renewal of Indian Passport is deferred action status C(33). And On Deferred Action based on U category is C (14) which is written on EAD card.
                @Carlos you are not clear to me on DA C(14)
                Please explain if one can renew passport under that circumstance.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Carlos View Post
                  What ID you couldnt renew ?
                  With out EAD card, In Florida you can not renew State ID or Driver license.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    With out EAD card, In Florida you can not renew State ID or Driver license.
                    It's a strange situation even I need to worry about as my passport will expire next year and I haven't received even DA as yet despite applying in October 2014.

                    Sometimes indian government acts so absurd. While they are simplifying procedures for obtaining passport in India very easier, they are making it difficult for Indians abroad. Basically they need overseas legal status and residence proof to renew the passport, what they have to do with type of visa we have I don't understand .
                    U visa doesn't come under asylum or refugee category though it is humanitarian based special non immigrant visa. Refugee or asylum seekers get Green card with out having to be granted DA or be in a certain visa for 3 years before AOS. Many home embassies and consulates have no detailed knowledge of this visa program like many of us came to know about it late. I have applied after 2 years of the incident otherwise I would have been applying for AOS next year. We will keep looking for resolution of this issue. It's a big concern for embassy also, many will come for renewal in this situation.
                    We will keep exchanging informations.and developments in this issue..lets hope and pray everything is going to be fine with everyone of us

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Gemini,

                      As far as indian passport renewal, you can apply it using I-797 and you can obtain for a year till you receive your EAD, after that they will issue for 10 yrs. I did that year ago and they renewd for a year.

                      Now, a month ago i applied again for renewal and they ask me for new uodated one, with recent current date on I-797, saying that law is changed, without any notification on CKGS website.

                      I spent money-time-travel and all, worth none for a penny.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        Hello Guys ,
                        I have Applied on June 24-2014 and my Deferred Action approved on End of the October 2016. Since than I am Waiting for EAD card Approval.. Its been 5 months.... So many calls to Vermont service center, 1 Info pass visit to local Immigration Filed office. Immigration Attorney send emails to Vermont service center but not positive reply from VSC. In Florida without EAD you can not renew Id. 5 months jobless .. frustrated even though Deferred action approved.

                        Also Now I am facing another Issue. If any Indian guys has knowledge or not.... On U visa or on U visa Deferred action status , Indian Embassy will not renew your passport. I have my wife and daughter's passports are expiring this month and mine 6 month after , I have contacted CKGS, they Denied to take application , advised me to contact Indian Embassy in Atlanta. If they give permission than only they will take Passport renewal application. I contacted Atlanta Embassy , emailed. Found that they says U visa falls under Asylum Category so they Can't renew Indian passport. So I do not have EAD card, Nor renewal of State Id or Not Renewal of Indian Passport. So what will I present to authority when they required to submit current photo identification?

                        So now we all who are approved under U visa or Deferred Action status EAD C(14) category won't get their renewal of passport until we gets green card I think... Unless Indian Authority changes the decisions. So what nationality of Ours ? neither we have US Passport nor we going to get Indian passport renewal. So 3-4 years on deferred action + 4 years on U visa so Approx 10 years will take to get renewal of Indian Passport???

                        If anyone who renewed their passport on U deferred action status or U visa approval... Please guide me how they renewed their Passport.. Please
                        Hi Gemini,

                        I got my new passport back in 2010 and believe me that was one bitter incident which I will never forget. I went to Indian Consulate in DC as I was in PA at that time. Those f**** were trying to deport me even I was on valid visa. I fought with them and told them that you have not f*** right to deport. And then I went to Chicago based Indian Consulate. That was the sweetest experience I ever had. They took my application and gave me new passport in a week. In fact I remember one old person working there (Gujarati) among the senior staff, called me in his chamber and gave me advise on how important passport is and how to keep it safe, just like my DAD. That was in long past.

                        But I suggest you to try another Consulate. Or else make a complaint online. I am sure you will find a way out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          9

                          Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                          With out EAD card, In Florida you can not renew State ID or Driver license.
                          I have renewed my DL twice since 2014. I got DA on 12/5/17 and applied FOR EAD c14 on 3/10/17. This year will be my third time renewing . I wonder if laws have changed.
                          Uvisa app. 8/11/2014
                          Transfer to NSC 11/29/2016
                          DA. 1/26/17
                          DA EAD APP. 3/10/17

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dear Carlos.... I went with all documents, like Application I918 U visa petition. biometrics done letter, Deferred action approval status letter. every thing they need.. but they Said to me come back when i receive EAD card.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dear San_007

                              The Letter I received stating my Deferred Action approved and put me waiting list until visa become available doesn't saysI-797 Action Letter. Also i email those documents to Atlanta Embassy , they replied me " As per latest guidelines, for person(s) who do not have valid stay in US, we would require original latest receipt of form I-797(C) which states that your application for realization your stay is under process with the local Immigration Office. You may visit the Consulate on any working day between 1000-1230 hours with the all supporting documents. On the basis of the above document, short validity passport (one year) will be issued, so that you can regularize your stay. .... Deferred Action status approves legal status in US. till Embassy consider Not valid Stay ?

                              Also When we Apply for passport renewal it Asks EAD category... and It doesn have c(14) category listed. on website they have clearly mentioned that U A(19) consider Asylum category. i am saying this of their latest guidelines.......

                              Comment

                              Latest Post

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X