Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U Visa & School - Can we attend college while we await DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Visa & School - Can we attend college while we await DA?

Can we attend college while we await DA?

Absolutely i did it and I have no status yet;probably you won't qualify for student aid but sure thing you can do it.You must have a GED diploma,I had the compass test several months ago and I did pretty good on writing and reading but math,my advice is not to hurry up because whenever you answer wrong a question next one will be easier but they'll give you less score;so rock on!!!

Comment

Help me!!

Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
      Absolutely i did it and I have no status yet;probably you won't qualify for student aid but sure thing you can do it.You must have a GED diploma,I had the compass test several months ago and I did pretty good on writing and reading but math,my advice is not to hurry up because whenever you answer wrong a question next one will be easier but they'll give you less score;so rock on!!!
      I completed high school. Waiting for DA .. For long time. Currently we have F1 student status. Without the status.. Can I attend school? How much is the tuition fee will be?

Comment

I became a nurse while waiting..... no financial aid but that wasn't a problem. I worked hard to put myself through school!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sated2003 View Post
          I became a nurse while waiting..... no financial aid but that wasn't a problem. I worked hard to put myself through school!!!!
          Sated2003 Congratualtions! you should be proud! Did you let the school or dean know that you was waiting for your petition to be approved?

Comment

Originally posted by Sated2003 View Post
            How long ago did you do this because,I have to wait on at least DA to be in the nursing program.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
              How long ago did you do this because,I have to wait on at least DA to be in the nursing program.
              Shelly have you completed nursing prerequisites?

Comment

Originally posted by Chooj View Post
                Shelly have you completed nursing prerequisites?
                Almost finished,why do you ask?

Comment

Almost finished,why do you ask?
                  I do want to do my bsn also. why do you say you need DA to get into nursing program?

Comment

I do want to do my bsn also. why do you say you need DA to get into nursing program?
                    What state are you in,the community college I go to requires it.

Comment

School

Sated2003 Congratualtions! you should be proud! Did you let the school or dean know that you was waiting for your petition to be approved?
                      No I did not. I just applied and presented my work authorization permit as ID. I was given no fuss at all!

Comment

I did a one year program for LVN, started in January 2016 graduated December 2016 n yes I'm on DA because my original file date was January 2014 DA was granted march 2015.

Comment

What state are you in,the community college I go to requires it.
                          @chooj n Shelly

I'm in south Texas n all I was asked was whether or not I had an ITIN or SS# for the board exam n I already have a ss# again my case has been pending for over 3yrs.

Comment

Working...
                          X