Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would filing U Visa interfere with I-130?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would filing U Visa interfere with I-130?

I wasn't sure if this was best posted in Family or U visa, so I posted in both.
    Hi
    My parents filed I-130 for me in Feb 2011.
    Receipt and priority date March 2011
    Approved (I-797) in 2014
    Going by the USCIS website, i'm looking at 1 more year until my priority date is here.
    I was outside of the country on filing.
    I came over on vacation with my kids, to help my mom while she recovered from surgery. She had to have more emergency surgeries.
    I stayed to help...which incurred over staying of visa.
    A couple of years later I married a USC. I did not apply for I-485. He strung me along, thought he could take advantage because i'D be too afraid to speak. A crime was committed, myself being the victim.
    The DA suggested I file for a U visa.
    Would this hurt my I-130 case which my priority date should be here in about 12 months.....or will the U Visa filing help me?
    Thanks in advance

Please help????? Does anyone know????

Originally posted by Cardiff123 View Post
    I wasn't sure if this was best posted in Family or U visa, so I posted in both.
    Hi
    My parents filed I-130 for me in Feb 2011.
    Receipt and priority date March 2011
    Approved (I-797) in 2014
    Going by the USCIS website, i'm looking at 1 more year until my priority date is here.
    I was outside of the country on filing.
    I came over on vacation with my kids, to help my mom while she recovered from surgery. She had to have more emergency surgeries.
    I stayed to help...which incurred over staying of visa.
    A couple of years later I married a USC. I did not apply for I-485. He strung me along, thought he could take advantage because i'D be too afraid to speak. A crime was committed, myself being the victim.
    The DA suggested I file for a U visa.
    Would this hurt my I-130 case which my priority date should be here in about 12 months.....or will the U Visa filing help me?
    Thanks in advance
    Does anyone know or does anyone have a similar case? I'm not sure whether to file my U visa petition or not, and we know time is of the essence.
    Also, do I file my I-765, plus two more for my children, along with original application?
    Thank you in advance

Comment

I dont think so , many I-130 petitions approved has been granted regardless of the over stay , they are required to go abroad to finalize the precess in a consulate or if they qualify , file for adjustment of status .
      But don't relaying in my comment , consult an attorney .

Comment

Thanks for replying.
        I have sent the u-visa application in.
        We'll see what happens.

I have an attorney, it's hard to get a hold of him, just thought I would ask here.

Comment

Working...
        X