Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you survive? What can I legally do or get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you survive? What can I legally do or get?

Hi, I have been living off you guy's posts and hopes.. i'm in NYC.. struggling hard

Can anyone help me imagine a time frame please? Anything legal I can give a potential employer for potential timeframe?(what else can i give him)
    Applied March 2015
    Request for additional evidence May 2015
    Biometrics August 2015
    Nothing since

On the processing times chart which we can't rely on, are we looking at U Visa processing time(iin 2014) or i-765 EAD times as the EAD comes first right?
    I can't get a job and struggling very hard...any tips, advice, anything my lawyer who never answers my calls or does anything, can he do anything?? what can i do?
    Please and thanks

Originally posted by Dreaming92 View Post
    Hi, I have been living off you guy's posts and hopes.. i'm in NYC.. struggling hard

Can anyone help me imagine a time frame please? Anything legal I can give a potential employer for potential timeframe?(what else can i give him)
    Applied March 2015
    Biometrics August 2015
    Nothing since

On the processing times chart which we can't rely on, are we looking at U Visa processing time(iin 2014) or i-765 EAD times as the EAD comes first right?
    I can't get a job and struggling very hard...any tips, advice, anything my lawyer who never answers my calls or does anything, can he do anything?? what can i do?
    Please and thanks
    Hi Dreaming92,

Everyone who has applied for U visa has or will gone through the same pain like yours. You can`t do anything until you get DA. After DA only you can get EAD. I know it is very hard for one to survive without a JOB but unfortunately that is true. The problem with U visa applicants is getting worse and worse, no one can do anything at the moment. If you have issue with your lawyer than I suggest to change or may be he/she knows that nothing can be done at this point so not replying. Have faith and hope for the best.

Thanks

Comment

Applied March 2015
      Biometrics August 2015
      Nothing since

Please and thanks
      I applied Feb 2015,in the same position,hope we hear something soon

Comment

Applied March 2015
        Biometrics August 2015
        Nothing since

Please and thanks

Dreaming92

I applied May22nd 2015. I probably won't hear anything until July 2018 or so. I recently turned down 2 GREAT job offer, Both of which is a dream job for anyone in my field. I invested $92K in my education and rightnow my wife and I run our cleaning business which doesn't require legal status. If you are having a hard time in NYC to find work, find a better place to live and DO NOT rely on this U visa application. Or else you The must frustrating years of your life are yet to come.

Comment

Apply 8/15 nothing yet, how can you check online how is application progressing?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink girl View Post
            Apply 8/15 nothing yet, how can you check online how is application progressing?
            Pink girl, you will have to wait for another year as they are working on 8/14

Comment

Originally posted by Prince View Post
              Pink girl, you will have to wait for another year as they are working on 8/14
              Someone I know friend got her DA last month,she applied in Dec2014,I doubt it will take another year for a response,no one can really say for sure when anyone will get Da.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
                Someone I know friend got her DA last month,she applied in Dec2014,I doubt it will take another year for a response,no one can really say for sure when anyone will get Da.
                Thanks for the info, i think I have a long wait to go

Comment

Sabrina
                  March 14, 2017 at 5:59 am
                  Hey guys I applied January 2014 and received my visa yesterday 3-13-17. Don’t give up.

Someone posted this on another forum,hopefully this can give peace to someone who applied around that time.

Comment

Hi I have my biometric on 08/2014 and don't heard any 😱 Any one have idea where they are

Comment

I have to federal licensee on Florida unfortunate can't work 😩 I about to go back home any one know if I get married my situation turn easy?

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

• Robbery
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Robbery
                        Congrats, I’m from June 2016, Still no communication from USCIS. Thank you for your update....
                        Today, 05:08 PM
                      • Adelio
                        Reply to Application 2020, bonofide 918b
                        by Adelio
                        On Dec 1, my case was updated on the USCIS app. I got a notice saying that my EAD was approved. I think is a Bona Fide one because my application date...
                        Today, 12:31 PM
                      • DJ89
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by DJ89
                        Finally wait is over. I am from January 2017. Today I got call from lawyer that My case has been approved and I can apply for Work Permit.
                        Today, 12:04 PM
                      • DJ89
                        by DJ89
                        Finally wait is over. I am from January 2017. Today I got call from lawyer that My case has been approved and I can apply for Work Permit.
                        Today, 12:03 PM
                      • ManuelV88
                        by ManuelV88
                        Hi Netocoelho ,

Would you please answer my questions?

1 - When did you receive bonafide notice?

2 - Did you send...
                        11-28-2021, 02:27 PM
                      • parminderj87
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by parminderj87
                        i am from january 2016 i received my first rfe back in august 2020 then another two rfe back to back my lawyer sort it out and i was finally put on waitlist...
                        11-20-2021, 05:44 PM
                      • Shan
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Shan
                        I am from july 2016.and got nothing from uscis.it’s more than five years.it’s tooooooooooooooo painful.
                        there is nobody there to help but GOD....
                        11-19-2021, 06:44 PM
                      • Robbery
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Robbery
                        Feel your frustration, please inquire. Don’t depend on this lawyers, some are irresponsible and they may not update you if there was some communication...
                        11-18-2021, 01:51 PM
                      • Kabir3254
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Kabir3254
                        I am from February 29 2016 still I got nothing not RFE and no BFD yes it's frustrating lot of people got BFD
                        11-17-2021, 08:03 AM
                      • Robbery
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Robbery
                        Shan, I’m From June 2016, Haven’t heard either. It is frustrating. Application from Aug 2016 are getting BFD....
                        11-16-2021, 01:43 PM
                      • HarishAugust2014
                        Reply to AOS Filing on March 2021 (Green Card)
                        by HarishAugust2014
                        Any updates guys? have any one got EAD and AP approvals who filed on or after April 2021
                        11-16-2021, 07:01 AM
                      • Shan
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Shan
                        I am from july 2016
                        and I heard nothing yet
                        It’s sooooo terrible and painful
                        11-15-2021, 08:11 PM
                      • Trap
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Trap
                        my date i918-0ct 2016
                        transfer Nebraska- apr 2019
                        I told my attorney to go head and file my i765 after the new BFD policy.
                        Received...
                        11-13-2021, 11:14 PM
                      • Robbery
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Robbery
                        Anyone after June 2016 application. Have you received any communication. I’m Received date June 23rd and notice date June 30th 2016 haven’t heard...
                        11-13-2021, 01:32 PM
                      • Zee77
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Zee77
                        For those that have gotten their u nonimmigrant status, I received my EAD card 3 days ago and my wife and son received their status only. So, will they...
                        10-30-2021, 10:56 AM
                      • Zee77
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Zee77
                        My rfe was about my partially completed supplement b, my wife and my marriage certificate, and my sons birth ceritifcate.
                        10-30-2021, 10:53 AM
                      • Robbery
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Robbery
                        what was your RFE about. I’m 23rd June 2016 still waiting....
                        10-29-2021, 04:01 AM
                      • Zee77
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by Zee77
                        Hello all,
                        I have received my U Nonimmigrant status along with my wife and kid for 4 years. I have received my EAD card also yesterday.
                        I...
                        10-28-2021, 08:39 PM
                      • DJ89
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by DJ89
                        I applied U visa in January 2017, but we could not able to retrieve I-94 online from from past 4 years https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov. but all of sudden i can...
                        10-27-2021, 08:07 AM
                      • AAli
                        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                        by AAli
                        june 21, 2006
                        10-21-2021, 12:05 PM
                      Working...
                      X