Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U VISA Need your OPINION!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U VISA Need your OPINION!!!

    I came to America in october 2013, crossed the border and got detained at an US immigration detention center while in jail i asked for political asylum. In jail i got an attorney and helped me get out of immigration jail with a bond, i paid the bond and eventually got out this is in 2013 guys but in 2014 i was robbed with a gun and applied for U-VISA in march 2015 now i have to go to court in September of 2017 this year because i was caught crossing the border in 2013 they gave court i have to appear my attorney told me to not be scare to go to court because all she's going to do is to ask more time to the judge so that way my U-VISA case is approved or denied My question is should i be scare to go to court for an assylum hearing? What can happen in court? What do you guys think?

  • #2
    I'll tell you this, you are only protect from deportation if your case has been approved and you are on the waiting list....Now if you go i really don't know but even if you get deported and you get approved from where ever you are from you can still come over legally after.

    Comment


    • #3
      https://www.ilcm.org/wp-content/uplo...AQ-English.pdf

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Numericcash View Post
        I'll tell you this, you are only protect from deportation if your case has been approved and you are on the waiting list....Now if you go i really don't know but even if you get deported and you get approved from where ever you are from you can still come over legally after.
        Thanks for your response it means a lot.

        Comment


        • #5
          In my opinion, the judge will not order deportation while U case is pending. In fact, if I were you, I woukd ask the judge to contact VSC and request that your case be adjudicated since you are in removal processings. Now why did you not apply for asylum after you were granted parole into US?

          Comment


          • #6
            Does anyone has a issue checking receipt number online? Does it say error? Please help

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by may2016 View Post
              In my opinion, the judge will not order deportation while U case is pending. In fact, if I were you, I woukd ask the judge to contact VSC and request that your case be adjudicated since you are in removal processings. Now why did you not apply for asylum after you were granted parole into US?
              Because the attorney said i had a better chance with u visa and back when i could have applied for asylum i didnt have money to hire an attorney. Thanks for your opinion I appreciate it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Pink girl: Where you able to check again?
                What's your timeline?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by maviba View Post
                  Pink girl: Where you able to check again?
                  What's your timeline?
                  I call them, they took some info from me and said some one will call in 5 days, time line apply 8/7/15 bio 8/25/15 nothing since then....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pink girl View Post
                    I call them, they took some info from me and said some one will call in 5 days, time line apply 8/7/15 bio 8/25/15 nothing since then....
                    Alright, keep us updated.

                    Comment

                    Latest Post

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X