Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deportations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deportations

    I recently applied for a U Visa and seeing all these raids on the news lately is really freaking me out. Is it possible to get deported while waiting for a u visa? Like I said, I just applied a couple of months ago so I have not even been placed on DA yet.

    Any thoughts?

  • #2
    It's going to take you years to get placed on a DA. 2017 applicants maybe 3-4 years just for approval or not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Numericcash View Post
      It's going to take you years to get placed on a DA. 2017 applicants maybe 3-4 years just for approval or not.
      I talked to my lawyer he said if you
      Confront with ICE just show them your receipt they can't deport me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you...
        Good to know

        Comment


        • #5
          No one can get deported if their case is pending with USCIS unless involved in any sever crime. If you are driving, than be most careful for any ticket. DUI is the most offensive crime and can lead to deportation immediately.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            No one can get deported if their case is pending with USCIS unless involved in any sever crime. If you are driving, than be most careful for any ticket. DUI is the most offensive crime and can lead to deportation immediately.
            What if someone is working without EAD / SS?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Prince View Post
              What if someone is working without EAD / SS?
              Well working without authorization is illegal but its not severe offence as USCIS understands that one needs to support him/her self. But if you are on F1 or any other status where working without authorization is not allowed, in those cases that can be a reason for deportation. But if you apply for U visa, suppose someone is on F1 and working illegally at gas-station and he becomes victim of Armed robbery which is a qualified crime for U visa and he/her applies for U visa under that crime than he/her needs to declare illegal working. In this case he needs to file separate penalty which is around 500$. Generally USCIS forgives that.

              Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                Well working without authorization is illegal but its not severe offence as USCIS understands that one needs to support him/her self. But if you are on F1 or any other status where working without authorization is not allowed, in those cases that can be a reason for deportation. But if you apply for U visa, suppose someone is on F1 and working illegally at gas-station and he becomes victim of Armed robbery which is a qualified crime for U visa and he/her applies for U visa under that crime than he/her needs to declare illegal working. In this case he needs to file separate penalty which is around 500$. Generally USCIS forgives that.

                Thanks
                Hello all

                Firstly, i don't know if i am posting this in the right thread.I applied my U VISA on july 11th 2014 biometrics on sep 5th 2014.I received a email from my lawyer on feb 11th 2017 that i was put on waiting list(DA).Waited 31 months Will i get my actual U VISA this fiscal year?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NKU View Post
                  Hello all

                  Firstly, i don't know if i am posting this in the right thread.I applied my U VISA on july 11th 2014 biometrics on sep 5th 2014.I received a email from my lawyer on feb 11th 2017 that i was put on waiting list(DA).Waited 31 months Will i get my actual U VISA this fiscal year?
                  Hi NKU,

                  Please post your question on the thread of "
                  U Visa Status..Fiscal 2017".
                  Its good you got DA. Now you can work while you wait for the U visa. About this Fiscal Year, I guess Up to FEB 2014 will cover in this Fiscal year. I think you need to wait for next year cap.

                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    Hi NKU,

                    Please post your question on the thread of "
                    U Visa Status..Fiscal 2017".
                    Its good you got DA. Now you can work while you wait for the U visa. About this Fiscal Year, I guess Up to FEB 2014 will cover in this Fiscal year. I think you need to wait for next year cap.

                    Thanks.
                    HI scorpion

                    On which basis Uscis approves final U visa because i applied in july and some of august applicants got DA before me so does Uscis gives U visa for july applicants as they are first or for august applicants as they got DA first? And why only Jan,feb applicants will get U visa this fiscal year 2017.Sorry for so many doubts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I spoke today with my lawyer he told me. Now this days with Trump administration, only Green Card and Passport protect u from deportation. Even if u have pending case U visa, If ICE or Border patrol stop u, thats it.... Dont know what to say anymore, im really sorry

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Know Your Rights

                        Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        I spoke today with my lawyer he told me. Now this days with Trump administration, only Green Card and Passport protect u from deportation. Even if u have pending case U visa, If ICE or Border patrol stop u, thats it.... Dont know what to say anymore, im really sorry
                        please refer following link if somebody have doubt about deportation

                        http://www.dw.com/p/2Y1AZ?wa

                        Thanks

                        Ajay

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Under Donald Trump's immigration crackdown, almost everyone in the US without papers is a priority for deportation. So people with U visa pending are undocumented. Only when u have DA u are protected, because then u have work permit. Till then u are undocumented.

                          Comment

                          Latest Post

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X