Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

    Hi got A notice of action for I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
    I have already done finger printing when I applied for U-visa so will they require it again?
    They didn't ask on this receipt notice but can they ask me again. Wondering....
    Look forward for your observations. Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by nmhrk View Post
    Hi got A notice of action for I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
    I have already done finger printing when I applied for U-visa so will they require it again?
    They didn't ask on this receipt notice but can they ask me again. Wondering....
    Look forward for your observations. Thanks
    Hi nmhrk,

    I didn`t get your question? Generally when you send your U visa application, you send I-765 also for the work authorization. And once you get DA (Put on wait list), you have file I-765 again for the work authorization.
    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes scorpion. I had to file I765 again after being put on DA. I have applied and I am worried that they don't ask for biometrics again. Since I am not driving so going to far off USCIS location is hard.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nmhrk View Post
        Yes scorpion. I had to file I765 again after being put on DA. I have applied and I am worried that they don't ask for biometrics again. Since I am not driving so going to far off USCIS location is hard.
        Hi,

        You do not need to give bio-metrics again for the I-765. It is not required so no need to worry. Happy for you that you got DA.

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          My attorney filed in 2 sets of I-765 in the beginning itself. Do I need to file again if i am put on DA?
          I have applied in October 2014

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Prince View Post
            My attorney filed in 2 sets of I-765 in the beginning itself. Do I need to file again if i am put on DA?
            I have applied in October 2014
            I don`t think so if your attorney has filed 2 sets of I-765, you don`t need to file it again. But make sure that with your attorney. As far as I know, one can file I-765 after getting DA only.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              I don`t think so if your attorney has filed 2 sets of I-765, you don`t need to file it again. But make sure that with your attorney. As far as I know, one can file I-765 after getting DA only.
              As far as I know, they are accepting concurrent filing of 765 with 918 from 2014 onwards. Anyone correct me if i am wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Prince View Post
                My attorney filed in 2 sets of I-765 in the beginning itself. Do I need to file again if i am put on DA?
                I have applied in October 2014
                Hi Prince,

                Thank you very much for your contribution on this forum, its highly appreciated.

                You doing well on this Forum, keep it up.

                As far as I-765 filing if your Attorney had filed in 2 sets like 1st set under class A-19 ( which is for actual U visa granted time you got automatically EAD) and 2nd set under class C (14) which is applicable after they put you under Deferred Action.

                So if your Attorney has done both class category as principal Applicant then you no need to File I-765 again and I believe you get your EAD along with your DA letter.

                This is my opinion but I suggest you consult your Attorney.

                For your information my both son had applied for U visa on July 30, 2014 and Out of two one son application they transferred to NSC in July 2016 and he got DA letter on October 26, 2016 . He had applied again I-765 under C-14 on December 22, 2016 and waiting for temporary EAD but unfortunately my second son application which was filed on July 30, 2014 was still at VSC no movement, No transfer letter or DA letter yet.

                I wish you all the best for upcoming future.

                Ajay

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Prince View Post
                  As far as I know, they are accepting concurrent filing of 765 with 918 from 2014 onwards. Anyone correct me if i am wrong.
                  Correct. You may also file a petition for EAD (C14) to be added to your file if you filed for you U visa after 2014. You can do it your self as well. My lawyer did this last week on my behalf.

                  Make sure you send proof showing you've applied for U visa after 2014. Like receipt notice for you I918

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ajay View Post
                    Hi Prince,

                    Thank you very much for your contribution on this forum, its highly appreciated.

                    You doing well on this Forum, keep it up.

                    As far as I-765 filing if your Attorney had filed in 2 sets like 1st set under class A-19 ( which is for actual U visa granted time you got automatically EAD) and 2nd set under class C (14) which is applicable after they put you under Deferred Action.

                    So if your Attorney has done both class category as principal Applicant then you no need to File I-765 again and I believe you get your EAD along with your DA letter.

                    This is my opinion but I suggest you consult your Attorney.

                    For your information my both son had applied for U visa on July 30, 2014 and Out of two one son application they transferred to NSC in July 2016 and he got DA letter on October 26, 2016 . He had applied again I-765 under C-14 on December 22, 2016 and waiting for temporary EAD but unfortunately my second son application which was filed on July 30, 2014 was still at VSC no movement, No transfer letter or DA letter yet.

                    I wish you all the best for upcoming future.

                    Ajay
                    Thank you Ajay Bhai for your kind words of encouragement. I can understand how it feels being hung on balance for so long spending anxious moments especially in the present political scenarios .
                    Thanks for your good wishes, I wish you the same.
                    GOD BLESS

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X