Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any May 2014 applicants?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any May 2014 applicants?

    Just wondering if any one of the May 2014 applicants are still waiting to hear from the USCIS yet? I have applied on May 27, 2014, bio-metrics on June 27, 2014. Didn't hear from the USCIS since then. Have another question. Is it advisable to apply for H1B while awaiting a decision on a U visa? Your feed backs are well appreciated. Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Just wondering if any one of the May 2014 applicants are still waiting to hear from the USCIS yet? I have applied on May 27, 2014, bio-metrics on June 27, 2014. Didn't hear from the USCIS since then. Have another question. Is it advisable to apply for H1B while awaiting a decision on a U visa? Your feed backs are well appreciated. Thanks
    Have your attorney send a inquiry about your case.

    Good luck!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by maviba View Post
      Have your attorney send a inquiry about your case.

      Good luck!!
      Thanks Maviba.

      Comment


      • #4
        I applied March 2014 and have only received DA. I am awaiting the final approval. Lawyer said this year or maybe next fiscal year. But definetly this year. My lawyer said they have received cases up to December 2013 only so far..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by och123 View Post
          I applied March 2014 and have only received DA. I am awaiting the final approval. Lawyer said this year or maybe next fiscal year. But definetly this year. My lawyer said they have received cases up to December 2013 only so far..
          Hi och123,

          I think we are on the same boat. I applied March 2014 too, received DA and EAD on June 2015, and waiting for the final approval.
          Hope we can get it this fiscal year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Applied early Feb 2014 here , DA Oct 12015 and still waiting .

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks again for your suggestion, Maviba and it actually worked!!!

              In fact I made an inquiry earlier into my case and haven't heard back from the USCIS. So when my attorney did make an inquiry, I realized that the USCIS actually sent an RFE on August 31, 2016. Unfortunately, my attorney didn't receive it due to his location being changed and hence wasn't able to send the requested document before the dead line. So I am suggesting all the May/June 2014 applicants to touch base with their attorneys if they haven't received any info. since the bio-metrics.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Pinkypie,

                Since you have applied in May 2014 and did not received your DA yet, you need to contact USCIS for this ASAP. As per USCIS they have already process cases of May 2014 and issued them DA. I am just wondering how your attorney failed to notify USCIS about the address. And even any communication from USCIS needs to come to your address as well. I suggest to contact your attorney or USCIS. I have applied in JAN 2014 and already received my DA, still waiting for final approval.

                Thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Hi Pinkypie,

                  Since you have applied in May 2014 and did not received your DA yet, you need to contact USCIS for this ASAP. As per USCIS they have already process cases of May 2014 and issued them DA. I am just wondering how your attorney failed to notify USCIS about the address. And even any communication from USCIS needs to come to your address as well. I suggest to contact your attorney or USCIS. I have applied in JAN 2014 and already received my DA, still waiting for final approval.

                  Thanks
                  Yes I did contact the USCIS, but haven't heard back from them. I have no explanation for my attorney not being able to update his address. Do you all receive the communications from the USCIS at your address? I haven't received any in the past. Usually, all of the communications reach my attorney first and then he forwards them to me. And I speculate, due to the precarious nature of U visa cases that the attorneys receive the documents from USCIS, unless the applicant being a self - petitioner. If you differ, please let me know.

                  Well, glad to hear that you got DA and I wish you Good Luck!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pinkypie View Post
                    Yes I did contact the USCIS, but haven't heard back from them. I have no explanation for my attorney not being able to update his address. Do you all receive the communications from the USCIS at your address? I haven't received any in the past. Usually, all of the communications reach my attorney first and then he forwards them to me. And I speculate, due to the precarious nature of U visa cases that the attorneys receive the documents from USCIS, unless the applicant being a self - petitioner. If you differ, please let me know.

                    Well, glad to hear that you got DA and I wish you Good Luck!
                    Yes. I have received all the documents from USCIS to my address. Including receipts, DA approval, Denial notice & EAD as well. Back in the time when I frustrated by waiting, my attorney did call USCIS and asked for the update but she failed, than she told me to contact the Congress Man of my county and put an application asking him to make an inquiry on behalf of me. I did so, but got the same answer that USCIS is working on my case. No update. That was my last resort. My attorney told me not to bother USCIS any more as sometime they don`t like it. I got my DA and EAD back in April 2015. Now I have applied to renew my EAD as it came with 2 yrs. Attorney tole me to apply for renewal just in case, if I do not get U visa in this Fiscal year`s cap in order to keep my work right. Its all round and round. God knows where my case is. Good Luck.

                    Comment

                    Latest Post

                    Collapse

                    • ManuelV88
                      Reply to Application 2020, bonofide 918b
                      by ManuelV88
                      Hi Netocoelho ,

                      Would you please answer my questions?

                      1 - When did you receive bonafide notice?

                      2 - Did you send...
                      11-28-2021, 02:27 PM
                    • parminderj87
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by parminderj87
                      i am from january 2016 i received my first rfe back in august 2020 then another two rfe back to back my lawyer sort it out and i was finally put on waitlist...
                      11-20-2021, 05:44 PM
                    • Shan
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Shan
                      I am from july 2016.and got nothing from uscis.it’s more than five years.it’s tooooooooooooooo painful.
                      there is nobody there to help but GOD....
                      11-19-2021, 06:44 PM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      Feel your frustration, please inquire. Don’t depend on this lawyers, some are irresponsible and they may not update you if there was some communication...
                      11-18-2021, 01:51 PM
                    • Kabir3254
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Kabir3254
                      I am from February 29 2016 still I got nothing not RFE and no BFD yes it's frustrating lot of people got BFD
                      11-17-2021, 08:03 AM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      Shan, I’m From June 2016, Haven’t heard either. It is frustrating. Application from Aug 2016 are getting BFD....
                      11-16-2021, 01:43 PM
                    • HarishAugust2014
                      Reply to AOS Filing on March 2021 (Green Card)
                      by HarishAugust2014
                      Any updates guys? have any one got EAD and AP approvals who filed on or after April 2021
                      11-16-2021, 07:01 AM
                    • Shan
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Shan
                      I am from july 2016
                      and I heard nothing yet
                      It’s sooooo terrible and painful
                      11-15-2021, 08:11 PM
                    • Trap
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Trap
                      my date i918-0ct 2016
                      transfer Nebraska- apr 2019
                      I told my attorney to go head and file my i765 after the new BFD policy.
                      Received...
                      11-13-2021, 11:14 PM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      Anyone after June 2016 application. Have you received any communication. I’m Received date June 23rd and notice date June 30th 2016 haven’t heard...
                      11-13-2021, 01:32 PM
                    • Zee77
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Zee77
                      For those that have gotten their u nonimmigrant status, I received my EAD card 3 days ago and my wife and son received their status only. So, will they...
                      10-30-2021, 10:56 AM
                    • Zee77
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Zee77
                      My rfe was about my partially completed supplement b, my wife and my marriage certificate, and my sons birth ceritifcate.
                      10-30-2021, 10:53 AM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      what was your RFE about. I’m 23rd June 2016 still waiting....
                      10-29-2021, 04:01 AM
                    • Zee77
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Zee77
                      Hello all,
                      I have received my U Nonimmigrant status along with my wife and kid for 4 years. I have received my EAD card also yesterday.
                      I...
                      10-28-2021, 08:39 PM
                    • DJ89
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by DJ89
                      I applied U visa in January 2017, but we could not able to retrieve I-94 online from from past 4 years https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov. but all of sudden i can...
                      10-27-2021, 08:07 AM
                    • AAli
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by AAli
                      june 21, 2006
                      10-21-2021, 12:05 PM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      what is your receipt dates?...
                      10-19-2021, 05:07 PM
                    • AAli
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by AAli
                      I am from June 2016 too. My 2 derivatives got 4 year EADs....
                      10-19-2021, 02:16 PM
                    • Robbery
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Robbery
                      Congratulations, what is your receipt date. And was it Vermont or Nebraska...
                      10-18-2021, 05:06 PM
                    • Ltorres5
                      Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                      by Ltorres5
                      My attorney just called me and advised me that he received my 4 year work permit while I wait for my visa. How long until they make finally determina...
                      10-18-2021, 03:22 PM
                    Working...
                    X