Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Date didn't move..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date didn't move..

Today November 16th Uscis updated their website. Very bad news that the date didn't move. It stucked on June 7th 2014. I am assuming may be next petition they will review after January 2017. God knows what's wrong with them. We should talk with our attorneys n push them to review the new petitions.

Originally posted by Nipuriya View Post
    Today November 16th Uscis updated their website. Very bad news that the date didn't move. It stucked on June 7th 2014. I am assuming may be next petition they will review after January 2017. God knows what's wrong with them. We should talk with our attorneys n push them to review the new petitions.
    I know, and on top of that, there is no way to see Nebraska's processing of U visas

Comment

Updates

Originally posted by maviba View Post
      I know, and on top of that, there is no way to see Nebraska's processing of U visas
      Nebraska already said that they will work for u visa but only Vermont is going to update about processing time. As far as I can see the processing time is based on the September 30. So I hope they are working on July and August cases.

Comment

January 2016

Nebraska already said that they will work for u visa but only Vermont is going to update about processing time. As far as I can see the processing time is based on the September 30. So I hope they are working on July and August cases.
        USCIS web site says that because of training for U Visa adjudication, there will be initial slow down of processing of petitions at Nebraska, but then the processing will speed up. God knows maybe they dont update date because they are training or just too busy adjudication. I have a feeling that we will see some good news and movement in 2017. Lets hope for the best. Its always like that when you already loose hope, something good happens

Comment

Also, when its closer to approval, its harder to wait. When I applied 1 year ago it was ok but now I feel oh my god where is the approval. Its normal how we feel when we are waiting. We all, 100,000 people waitinf adjudication feel this way. Just imagine, 100,000 people are waiting same as us. Some of them are abroad. I am abroad. Its much harder to wait for abroad. Also, you shouldnt worry about immigration status because no one can deport you because you have a pending application for Deffered Action=Protection from Deportation. No one can deport you before the application is adjudicated. If someone wants to place you in removal proceedings because of your expired immigration status, you application for Deffered Action will just be adjudicated faster, thats all. No need to worry. Lets have a great Christmas and hear some really good news in 2017.

Comment

?

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
            Also, when its closer to approval, its harder to wait. When I applied 1 year ago it was ok but now I feel oh my god where is the approval. Its normal how we feel when we are waiting. We all, 100,000 people waitinf adjudication feel this way. Just imagine, 100,000 people are waiting same as us. Some of them are abroad. I am abroad. Its much harder to wait for abroad. Also, you shouldnt worry about immigration status because no one can deport you because you have a pending application for Deffered Action=Protection from Deportation. No one can deport you before the application is adjudicated. If someone wants to place you in removal proceedings because of your expired immigration status, you application for Deffered Action will just be adjudicated faster, thats all. No need to worry. Lets have a great Christmas and hear some really good news in 2017.
            Can I ask you that why you are in abroad? Protection from deportation is not a legal status either, even with this we can't renew our driving license. 😔

Comment

Can I ask you that why you are in abroad? Protection from deportation is not a legal status either, even with this we can't renew our driving license. 😔
              Nipuriya, when the victim situation is really terrible, people go to their country to stay with family. The abuser broke many bones on my face, choked me to death, threatened me with knife and trying to throw boiling oil in my face, after this I was alone for 1 year, then when I finally got brave to find a boyfriend, he punched me in my operated face, I made order prorection but he violated it and abused me again, went to jail second time and when got out of jail threatened to arrange my funeral. I couldbt take the pressure and left because I was almost killed before and after surgery my fave hurts even when I talk, even though its been 6 years, I am waiting for U Visa from abroad, do as many people wait abroad, I know Deffered Action is not a legal status yet but at least you can remain in the country while waiting for U Visa because its better then waiting from abroad, I am not safe here I was attacked from the back when I didnt see and was abused again and my neighbour threarened to kill me. I really hope I can escape my country as soon as possible because in the U.S. I can at least call the police and nake Order Protection and get a court order that the abusive person can not go near me. People who are waiting abroad are people who were very heavily victimized and very distroyed, thats why they mare a choice to be with family. My advice, please never go abroad before you get American passport because you dont know what can happen abroad. Just be patient and wait for passport. Wish soon approval to all of us. God will see our suffering and he will help. Lets hope.

Comment

So sorry

Nipuriya, when the victim situation is really terrible, people go to their country to stay with family. The abuser broke many bones on my face, choked me to death, threatened me with knife and trying to throw boiling oil in my face, after this I was alone for 1 year, then when I finally got brave to find a boyfriend, he punched me in my operated face, I made order prorection but he violated it and abused me again, went to jail second time and when got out of jail threatened to arrange my funeral. I couldbt take the pressure and left because I was almost killed before and after surgery my fave hurts even when I talk, even though its been 6 years, I am waiting for U Visa from abroad, do as many people wait abroad, I know Deffered Action is not a legal status yet but at least you can remain in the country while waiting for U Visa because its better then waiting from abroad, I am not safe here I was attacked from the back when I didnt see and was abused again and my neighbour threarened to kill me. I really hope I can escape my country as soon as possible because in the U.S. I can at least call the police and nake Order Protection and get a court order that the abusive person can not go near me. People who are waiting abroad are people who were very heavily victimized and very distroyed, thats why they mare a choice to be with family. My advice, please never go abroad before you get American passport because you dont know what can happen abroad. Just be patient and wait for passport. Wish soon approval to all of us. God will see our suffering and he will help. Lets hope.
                Sorry to hear your story. When did you apply? If you are waiting 6 years for u visa then definitely you have right to talk with Uscis. Deffered action is a legal status. I said waiting for Deffered action is not a legal status. You are a male or female? Which state you was when you got victims? Sorry I m asking a lot of questions.

Comment

January 2016

Sorry to hear your story. When did you apply? If you are waiting 6 years for u visa then definitely you have right to talk with Uscis. Deffered action is a legal status. I said waiting for Deffered action is not a legal status. You are a male or female? Which state you was when you got victims? Sorry I m asking a lot of questions.
                  Nipuriya, its totally ok to ask. We all have similar situation, though I hope nobody was victimzed like me. I am a female but when you are victim of a crime it hurts the same no matter of what gender you are, we are all people. I was victimized in NY but also it really doesnt matter where because how terrible it was really doesn matter where. Same I am ok if you ask any question, feel free to ask. I am not going to wait for 6 years because there will ne parole program starting 2017 for people waiting abroad. So by October 2018= end of fiscal year 2017 we will definitely hear something as USCIS announced it will be implemented in 2017 fiscal year. I expect it to be announced between after year year and summer. I filed in January, 2016. Its heavily backlogged now so I really have this feeling that we will see some positive movement in 2017. USCIS said at their website that Nebraska is slow with processing now because they taking time for training so it will be s slow down first but then the process will speed up because of Nebraska and Vermont working on petitions at the same time. Lets hope.

Comment

?

Nipuriya, its totally ok to ask. We all have similar situation, though I hope nobody was victimzed like me. I am a female but when you are victim of a crime it hurts the same no matter of what gender you are, we are all people. I was victimized in NY but also it really doesnt matter where because how terrible it was really doesn matter where. Same I am ok if you ask any question, feel free to ask. I am not going to wait for 6 years because there will ne parole program starting 2017 for people waiting abroad. So by October 2018= end of fiscal year 2017 we will definitely hear something as USCIS announced it will be implemented in 2017 fiscal year. I expect it to be announced between after year year and summer. I filed in January, 2016. Its heavily backlogged now so I really have this feeling that we will see some positive movement in 2017. USCIS said at their website that Nebraska is slow with processing now because they taking time for training so it will be s slow down first but then the process will speed up because of Nebraska and Vermont working on petitions at the same time. Lets hope.
                    Miss why did you apply so late? Hire a lawyer and push them to give you DA with parole. Talk to a lawyer by Skype. It just my suggestion. Which country you are in right now?

Comment

I have read some documents about it on this website. Also, if you are planning to move from country, try to keep some survive tools that helps you.

Comment

Working...
                      X