Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone received U-visa approval later this year ? Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone received U-visa approval later this year ? Need help!

I received a notice on June 11,2014 saying that my Uvisa application has been received on May 14,2014. As of today , I still haven't received anything except my employment authorization card. I got my EAD card really fast, in like 3 months but No deferral letter or news about waitlist, only the Employment authization card. I heard people usually received the DA letter along with EAD Card. Does anyone like me who only receive a EAD card ?

I saw their processing time moved to June 7,2014 on oct 18. Does it mean my case is in process for sure ? Last update was may 7 which is before my application submission date. Now is june 7 which means it passed may 14 already. And do you guys know how long it takes to get a reply when the processing time shows the date that passed your application submission date.

So here are my questions
    1. If the processing time just moved to the date that is later than your application submission date, how long does it take to get a reply?
    2. Do they process the application in the order they receive ? I heard someone got the approval letter already when they submit later than me
    3. Anyone who submit their application later than may 14, 2014 got a reply already or some kind of DA letter?
    4. How does a DA letter look like? And what does it say?
    5. Will they just abandon your case without notice ?

I hope someone can give me some opinion because I have been waiting for 2 years and 4 months and I am really afraid that my Application was abandoned or neglected.

Originally posted by James1234 View Post
    I received a notice on June 11,2014 saying that my Uvisa application has been received on May 14,2014. As of today , I still haven't received anything except my employment authorization card. I got my EAD card really fast, in like 3 months but No deferral letter or news about waitlist, only the Employment authization card. I heard people usually received the DA letter along with EAD Card. Does anyone like me who only receive a EAD card ?

I saw their processing time moved to June 7,2014 on oct 18. Does it mean my case is in process for sure ? Last update was may 7 which is before my application submission date. Now is june 7 which means it passed may 14 already. And do you guys know how long it takes to get a reply when the processing time shows the date that passed your application submission date.

So here are my questions
    1. If the processing time just moved to the date that is later than your application submission date, how long does it take to get a reply?
    2. Do they process the application in the order they receive ? I heard someone got the approval letter already when they submit later than me
    3. Anyone who submit their application later than may 14, 2014 got a reply already or some kind of DA letter?
    4. How does a DA letter look like? And what does it say?
    5. Will they just abandon your case without notice ?

I hope someone can give me some opinion because I have been waiting for 2 years and 4 months and I am really afraid that my Application was abandoned or neglected.
    1- As far as I am concerned, it should take up to 14 days to get an answer.(you need to send an inquiry about your case). Our attorney already sent an enquiry about my husband's case. We should get an answer around November 7th 2016. If it takes more time, I will let you know..
    2- The cases SHOULD be processed as they are received. However, USCIS has not been doing that, because certain cases are handled by "fast" adjudicators and some by "slow" ones. Additionally, some cases are being processed faster than others because the applicant is in detention or in a special situation. Now, the actual U-Visa is granted based as they are being received (Even if someone gets a DA action faster than someone who applied first, the U-Visa will go first to the person who applied first).
    3- Yes. My husband applied on June 3rd 2016, and some people, that applied later than him, in this forum got their DA.
    4- you should sent an inquiry about your case. Your attorney has to do it. If you don't have an attorney you wil have to fill out a form and mail it to them. They will not provide information over the phone since this type of cases carry sensitive information.

I still do not know how on earth you've received an ead before a DA....
    Last edited by maviba; 10-31-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I sent an inquiry already and hope they will respond. If not, can I go to USCIS and ask them in person? Since we applied at around the same time, So we should be hearing something back at around the same time. Let's keep each of us update. I applied on May 12 and got my ead on August 15. Do you have a DA letter? What does it say on it ? I don't even know if the DA letter comes together with the EAD because that's all I get so far.

Originally posted by maviba View Post
      1- As far as I am concerned, it should take up to 14 days to get an answer.(you need to send an inquiry about your case). Our attorney already sent an enquiry about my husband's case. We should get an answer around November 7th 2016. If it takes more time, I will let you know..
      2- The cases SHOULD be processed as they are received. However, USCIS has not been doing that, because certain cases are handled by "fast" adjudicators and some by "slow" ones. Additionally, some cases are being processed faster than others because the applicant is in detention or in a special situation. Now, the actual U-Visa is granted based as they are being received (Even if someone gets a DA action faster than someone who applied first, the U-Visa will go first to the person who applied first).
      3- Yes. My husband applied on June 3rd 2016, and some people, that applied later than him, in this forum got their DA.
      4- you should sent an inquiry about your case. Your attorney has to do it. If you don't have an attorney you wil have to fill out a form and mail it to them. They will not provide information over the phone since this type of cases carry sensitive information.

I still do not know how on earth you've received an ead before a DA....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I sent an inquiry already and hope they will respond. If not, can I go to USCIS and ask them in person? Since we applied at around the same time, So we should be hearing something back at around the same time. Let's keep each of us update. I applied on May 12 and got my ead on August 15. Do you have a DA letter? What does it say on it ? I don't even know if the DA letter comes together with the EAD because that's all I get so far.
        My husband applied on June 3rd, biometrics on the same month. We didn't receive a work permit. We are still waiting for a response, or a DA.
        I'm not sure if you can ask them in person. Before doing so, please consult an attorney.
        I will keep you updated about our case.
        Thank you.
        Good luck
        Last edited by maviba; 11-10-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

My husband applied on June 3rd, biometrics on the same month. We didn't recieve a work permit. We are still waiting for a response, or a DA.
          I'm not sure if you can ask them in person. Before doing so, please consult an attorney.
          I will keep you updated about our case.
          Thank you.
          Good luck
          did you get an email reply???? I sent them an inquiry and they said they will reply on Nov7 but I didnt get anything yet

Comment

did you get an email reply???? I sent them an inquiry and they said they will reply on Nov7 but I didnt get anything yet
            We haven't received any answers yet...

Comment

We haven't received any answers yet...
              There is a number you can call - and I think there is a method to make a meeting with an immigration official - USPASS I think ... something like that - to check on the status.

Comment

Our attorney forwarded this reply:

Good Day,
                In reply to your e-mail regarding the below case.
                The case is currently under review here at the Vermont Service Center.
                At this time, USCIS can offer no timeframe as to when a final decision will be reached.
                Your continued patience is appreciated as USCIS continues to process the case.
                Officer Robert
                Immigration Services Officer
                VAWA | Humanitarian Unit**
                Vermont Service Center

Comment

Hi

I think getting work permit means you are eligible to get U visa and you got deferred action.

I called USCIS to check my status for a long time though, they said it is confidential case and they are not allowed let me know visa process.

They suggested me to mail out to USCIS Vermont center.

Also I visited USCIS Newark local office for my work permit, they only submitted USCIS process inquiry which I could do by myself.

Finally I got my work permit.

What I suggest you is call them and ask your visa process and what to do.
                  As you have different issue what I had, maybe you could get different answer.

If they suggest you to mail to Vermont center, keep mailing. (This is the best one)
                  And also use USCIS website for inquiry process time! (Maybe this one you will get reply they are not allowed to give you answer via letter.) But as USCIS local officer did, it could work.

once you call them, you could get idea what you need to do.
                  If you want to see my deferred action letter, let me know.

Comment

When did you file your application Jin,and when did you receive DA?

Comment

I filed U visa on Oct. 22. 2013 and got deferred action letter on Aug. 15. 2014.

Comment

Just got U visa!!
                        want to share my timeline.

1. file U visa I-918 : Oct.22. 2013
                        2. got receipt of U visa I-918 form : Nov. 04. 2013
                        3. fingerprint : Nov. 20. 2013
                        4. U visa I-918 application approved / deferred action : Aug. 15. 2014

5. received U visa & 4 year work permit : Nov. 3. 2016 (I received it today Nov. 9 though, the date is printed on the letter)

Comment

Originally posted by jin View Post
                          Hi

I think getting work permit means you are eligible to get U visa and you got deferred action.

I called USCIS to check my status for a long time though, they said it is confidential case and they are not allowed let me know visa process.

They suggested me to mail out to USCIS Vermont center.

Also I visited USCIS Newark local office for my work permit, they only submitted USCIS process inquiry which I could do by myself.

Finally I got my work permit.

What I suggest you is call them and ask your visa process and what to do.
                          As you have different issue what I had, maybe you could get different answer.

If they suggest you to mail to Vermont center, keep mailing. (This is the best one)
                          And also use USCIS website for inquiry process time! (Maybe this one you will get reply they are not allowed to give you answer via letter.) But as USCIS local officer did, it could work.

once you call them, you could get idea what you need to do.
                          If you want to see my deferred action letter, let me know.

Thanks for your reply Jin. It is very helpful. Can you tell me what does it say in a deferred action letter? I didn't receive it but I have a work permit that valid till 2018. I hope it means a deferred action. I emailed them but didn't get any reply! Do you know if I can make appointment to visit a local uscis office? They do not tell you anything over the phone because they said it is confidential. I am really worried that they drop my case without notice

Comment

Originally posted by jin View Post
                            Just got U visa!!
                            want to share my timeline.

1. file U visa I-918 : Oct.22. 2013
                            2. got receipt of U visa I-918 form : Nov. 04. 2013
                            3. fingerprint : Nov. 20. 2013
                            4. U visa I-918 application approved / deferred action : Aug. 15. 2014

5. received U visa & 4 year work permit : Nov. 3. 2016 (I received it today Nov. 9 though, the date is printed on the letter)
                            Hi Jin
                            It looks like you have wAited 3 full years to receive your actualLy u-visa. Since you applied earlier than me and you just got it today, that means I have to wait till may 2017. The thing I am very curious is about your item 4" u visa approval / deferred letter" can you show me what does it say on the letter? Because you got it one year after you submitted your application. Did you get your approval letter the same time that u get your work permit ? Or you got work permit before your approval letter ? For me, I got my work permit in 3 months but no approval letter

Comment

Hi, James

I don't think they dropped your case as you are holding work permit which should be you are eligible to work and get U visa.
                              If it's been dropped, they would not issue your work permit and send you refusal letter I think.

1. Call USCIS -
                              yes, it doesn't help as I mentioned.

2. email or submit Web inquiry -
                              you will get reply they are not allowed to answer via email.

3. write a letter and mail it (not email) -
                              This one works as USCIS agent recommend.
                              Try it!

4. visit USCIS local office -
                              You could try. go to USCIS website and click 'make an appointment' on the main page.
                              Follow the instruction.

Try no. 3 and no. 4

I did everything but couldn't get any reply for no. 2

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
                              X