Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on form I-765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on form I-765

Hello all,
    I applied for a U-Visa back in July of 2015 so I know I still have a long wait ahead of me. Since I am married my husband was added into my application.
    Yesterday, I received a call from my lawyer saying that she thinks it would be a good idea to send an I-765 application for my husband to hopefully speed the process of my application. We had already sent the I-765 form for my husband along with my application, but she says that the first application is in case we do get approved for the U-visa the second one is if we get approved for deferred action. Does this sound right? I was not aware that we needed to send I-765 forms one for U-Visa and one for deferred action. Has anyone heard about this? Thanks

Originally posted by topazio View Post
    Hello all,
    I applied for a U-Visa back in July of 2015 so I know I still have a long wait ahead of me. Since I am married my husband was added into my application.
    Yesterday, I received a call from my lawyer saying that she thinks it would be a good idea to send an I-765 application for my husband to hopefully speed the process of my application. We had already sent the I-765 form for my husband along with my application, but she says that the first application is in case we do get approved for the U-visa the second one is if we get approved for deferred action. Does this sound right? I was not aware that we needed to send I-765 forms one for U-Visa and one for deferred action. Has anyone heard about this? Thanks
    Yes, that's correct. If you do so, once you get the DA you get the work permit based on DA, otherwise you will have to wait another 90 days to obtain the ead. My husband and I applied on June 3rd 2014, and we did not apply for a ead based on DA, so we will have to wait. (Although we could apply for them right now) I will send an email to our attorney and ask.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by maviba View Post
      Yes, that's correct. If you do so, once you get the DA you get the work permit based on DA, otherwise you will have to wait another 90 days to obtain the ead. My husband and I applied on June 3rd 2014, and we did not apply for a ead based on DA, so we will have to wait. (Although we could apply for them right now) I will send an email to our attorney and ask.
      Maviba, thanks for your prompt response!

Comment

Working...
      X