Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received DA and EAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received DA and EAD

Hi guys. Me and my husband applied u visa on june and had our fingerprints taken on august. We received our deferred action and my husbands ead on beginning of october. Im getting paperworks to apply for my ead. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Forgot to write 2014 of june and august. So it took 2 full years.

Comment

Tess,

Congratulations! I applied on June 30, 2014 and still waiting. Could you please answer some of my questions, it'll be much appreciated.

1. What was the exact date of your filing in June?
      2. Did your online case status update right away? If not, how much was the delay between you receiving the letter and online case status being updated?
      3. Did you receive the letter and EAD from vsc or nsc?
      4. Did your husband file 2 I-765 for EAD or just one? Reason I ask is because most of the people are not receiving EAD with the DA they are asked to apply after but I did file I-765 along with my u-visa application.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Exact date.. Please

Originally posted by Tess View Post
        Forgot to write 2014 of june and august. So it took 2 full years.
        Can you provide us the exact date? And did you apply I 765 for EAD card with that? Did you get the DA with EAD card? Please answer
        Thank you.

Comment

Hello. Ok so im the main applicant. So my lawyer and i started our process in may and she sent out the application. Im not sure exactly which date my lawyer sent it. But as our email exchange im sure it was in middle of June 2014. After that the fingerprint appointment came in middle of July stating that appointment is on August-5-2014. Since then all we did was wait. I often checked uscis case status and it disnt say anything other thatn case was being processed. This year our lawyer said that my case was trasferred to Nebraska. I didnt receive any letter my lawyer did and our case was updated to card is being produced Before we received any letter. So it means our case status was updated before my lawyer received any letter.

Comment

As i said im the u visa applicant and my husband applied with me. But for some reason our lawyer only applied ead only for my husband. So now he is receiving his ead. I have to apply individually now. I didnt know at the time but what can i do you know. So im applying now it should take 90 days.

Comment

His ead is coming this week or next week. We didnt receive it with the letter. Letter came like in to my lawyers office last week although it could have been little earlier because my lawyer is quite busy so it couldve been taken day or two for her to get back to us. Actually ead car being processed to my card was delivered out was just updated yesterday on the uscis case status. Do you giys get what im explaining here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

My husband applied just one of each i765 and i918. I applied only i-918 the actual u visa. If i have known then i would have applied for ead i-765 with my husband then too. But i didnt so im going to apply now. Since it is DA im hoping i would get it soon

Comment

Uscis received my application on June-19 and finger print appointment was on Aug-5.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Tess View Post
                    Uscis received my application on June-19 and finger print appointment was on Aug-5.
                    Thank you for your quick response. I am hoping they will continue the work for applicants. I am a 2015 applicant. Hope I will hear something in next year.

Comment

Tess,

Thanks for all the details. May things work out for you and your husband going forward and you are able to get GC through u-visa.

Comment

Is only nsc working on cases now or vsc too? looks like only applicants whose case is transferred to nsc are hearing good news.

Comment

I applied on july 11th 2014 still waiting.

Comment

I applied in June too, My case says USCIS received my application on July 1st, 2014. And heard nothing since ! And i have a deportation case pending depending on the results of my application SO good luck everyone hopefully this year they give DA

Comment

nov 2013 still waiting
                              hoping i get a u visa this year since im abroad

Comment

Working...
                              X