Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.


No announcement yet.

need advice with I-918

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need advice with I-918

    I have concerns about U visa petition. On 23.July I became a victim of criminal actvity which was qualified as aggrevated battery and caused me great bodily harm - eye socket fracture. The matter came to court exactly on the same charge and I was advised to fill U visa petition. The police agency signed the B - supplement of form I-918 as "felonious assault" and mentioned me as a helpful victim. Yesterday I was informed that the criminal person was spoken guilty after he pleaded voluntarily BUT the charge was reduced to battery/cause bodily harm. Can the B supplement signed as "aggrevated battery" still be used? Can I still file the petition?

  • #2
    You can absolutly use the form 918 that the police already signed. Just because the plainftiff pled down doesn't mean the crime of felonius assault did not occur. Go ahead and get an attorney to put this case together for you. Do not file it on your own.


    Latest Post