Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anyone receive U Visa for 2017 and Can I get U Visa in 2017 Fiscal Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ajay View Post
    Prince,

As you mention 2 different EAC nos under A (19), I don't know much about 2 different EAC nos but I guess one for you and second for your derivative (in the name of your spouse), If so you definitely need to file again a fresh I-765 C (14) along with form I -765WS and you have a choice for request fee waiver (Form I -912) or by simple letter request to USCIS and explain your current circumstances & financial position & you might get approve for fee Waiver ($ 410).

I observe that NSC is little bit quick then VSC for DA letter & as I mention before my son's file stuck with VSC so Please note you are note alone waiting for good news since October'14 my son and his derivatives is there with you since July'14, Remember "A will will find a way", have some patience you are very close to get good news.

Thank you
    Wish you all the best

Ajay
    Thanks Ajay for your nice words of encouragement .
    No, both the I-765 forms are with Separate EAC nos. And I-918 with a different No. On my name . My derative has different nos.on both I-765s and I- 928

Comment

• Any news? Did anyone that applied on 2014 already received the visa?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carla View Post
        Any news? Did anyone that applied on 2014 already received the visa?
        http://www.splawforum.com/threads/96...ant-for-u-visa

And if you look around you will see more people sharing about their approval news

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
        Application Date - April 14 2014
        DA EAD - April 10 2015
        2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
        2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
        I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...scal-year-2017
          USCIS Grants All Available U Visas for Fiscal Year 2017
          USCIS has approved the congressionally mandated annual limit of 10,000 petitions for U nonimmigrant status for victims of certain crimes committed in the United States who assist law enforcement authorities. Although USCIS cannot grant any more U visas in fiscal year (FY) 2017, we will continue to review pending petitions for eligibility for potential visa issuance when more visas become available in FY 2018 beginning on Oct. 1, 2017.

Petitioners and qualifying family members must continue to meet eligibility requirements at the time a U visa becomes available.

Congress created the U visa program to strengthen law enforcement’s ability to investigate and prosecute cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and other serious crimes. Each year, 10,000 U visas are available for victims of certain qualifying crimes who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to help law enforcement authorities investigate or prosecute those crimes.

A U visa petition requires certification by a law enforcement agency that the victim has been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the qualifying crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vish View Post
            https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...scal-year-2017
            USCIS Grants All Available U Visas for Fiscal Year 2017
            USCIS has approved the congressionally mandated annual limit of 10,000 petitions for U nonimmigrant status for victims of certain crimes committed in the United States who assist law enforcement authorities. Although USCIS cannot grant any more U visas in fiscal year (FY) 2017, we will continue to review pending petitions for eligibility for potential visa issuance when more visas become available in FY 2018 beginning on Oct. 1, 2017.

Petitioners and qualifying family members must continue to meet eligibility requirements at the time a U visa becomes available.

Congress created the U visa program to strengthen law enforcement’s ability to investigate and prosecute cases of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and other serious crimes. Each year, 10,000 U visas are available for victims of certain qualifying crimes who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to help law enforcement authorities investigate or prosecute those crimes.

A U visa petition requires certification by a law enforcement agency that the victim has been helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the qualifying crime.
            USCIS removed the page on the link provided

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
            Application Date - April 14 2014
            DA EAD - April 10 2015
            2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
            2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
            I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
              This is weird...hope is for better news..with this administration you can never knew what they can come up to make our lives more miserable!

Comment

• Website

Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
                They didn't remove it. Go to their website and then go to the news then you will able to see it. For some reason it doesn't come up with any links

Comment

• Hi Jin, I have a question. Did you receive the Defferred Action? O you just submitted your EAD without the DA?

Comment

• Did anyone receive this notice before from the USCIS? What did you sent and does this request have a meaning? I am so nervous about it.
                    They received my application on 6/3/2014 and this is the first notice/letter that I got from them since the fingerprint notice back in July 2014.

Untitled.jpg

Comment

• Well, apparently you did not file form I-192 when filled for U visa. This form is a”forgiveness request for any crimes you have committed. For example, if you overstayed your Visa or entered the US illegally you will need to file this form. That is what they want from you. Its simple but must be completed correctly. Do you have an attorney? After you send this in, you will likely get approved.

Comment

• Hi everyone
                        hope fine all of you
                        Printer-accommodating version send by email who was a circle sticker received me by post

inShare

The Immigration and Nationality Act restricts the quantity of U visas that can be given to U head solicitors each monetary year to 10,000. When that cap is reached, solicitors are put on standby until new visas become accessible. For the beyond quite a long while, the quantity of U head candidates every year has surpassed the accessible number of visas. This has come about in a consistently developing "U visa holding up list." At a new Vermont Service Center (VSC) partners meeting, the VSC detailed that there are presently 24,000 individuals on the holding up list with conceded activity. This number incorporates the two administrators and subordinates. There are 140,000 petitions forthcoming for individuals ready to be put on the holding up list and get conceded activity.

During the beyond couple of years, the VSC has supported 10,000 new U visas in the initial three months of the monetary year. The VSC as of late announced that in financial year 2017, it will deal with the 2017 visas in an unexpected way. Rather than a fast carry out, the VSC will stun the endorsements of U visas over the initial 3/4 of the year. This was an essential choice put forth trying to reduce the significant delays to get conceded activity, work approval and to be put on the U visa holding up list. There is presently a holding up time of north of two years to try and be put on the U visa holding up list.
                        Last edited by hemakolen22; 08-12-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
                        X