Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anyone receive U Visa for 2017 and Can I get U Visa in 2017 Fiscal Year

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did Anyone receive U Visa for 2017 and Can I get U Visa in 2017 Fiscal Year

    Hi

    U visa Received notice : Feb 07 2014
    Bio metrics : March 2014
    Waiting list DA : March 19 2015
    Right now waiting for Final EAD or U Visa document.

    Do you think I can get U visa in 2017 Fiscal Year that is 2016 October ?
    And will U visa be given out till October 31st 2016 or December 31 2016?

  • #2
    im from november 2013
    from abroad waiting for u visa not sure if i will have one this fy2017

    Comment


    • #3
      I applied U visa October 2013 and was on the waiting list as DA August 2014 and received work permit Sept 2016.

      I am unsure if I could get U visa this fiscal year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jin View Post
        I applied U visa October 2013 and was on the waiting list as DA August 2014 and received work permit Sept 2016.

        I am unsure if I could get U visa this fiscal year.
        "received work permit Sept 2016"?? Is this the DA work permit?So you were approved in August 2014 but you didnt apply for work authorization on DA until Sept 2016?

        Comment


        • #5
          It's a long long story.

          My attorney didn't know that getting U visa takes few years and expected getting U visa as soon as fiscal year open.
          (As I got deffered action letter in August 2014, he thought I will get in October 2014!) very hopeful!

          But I found U visa has lots of waiting list and I wouldn't be able to get it soon, so I told him to submit I-765.
          Even he was not clear whether I need to file I-765 again.

          He told me to send a letter to USCIS to get work permit as my case seems dropped.
          Sending a letter to USCIS, getting no respond, finding answers on Web, telling him to file I-765 and paying $400 took long long time.
          Even it wasn't easy to get work permit as I submit in April 2016 but receiving in September 2016.
          Normally getting work permit takes 3 months though, it took long time.

          Hope your attorney knows U visa well. sigh.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jin View Post
            It's a long long story.

            My attorney didn't know that getting U visa takes few years and expected getting U visa as soon as fiscal year open.
            (As I got deffered action letter in August 2014, he thought I will get in October 2014!) very hopeful!

            But I found U visa has lots of waiting list and I wouldn't be able to get it soon, so I told him to submit I-765.
            Even he was not clear whether I need to file I-765 again.

            He told me to send a letter to USCIS to get work permit as my case seems dropped.
            Sending a letter to USCIS, getting no respond, finding answers on Web, telling him to file I-765 and paying $400 took long long time.
            Even it wasn't easy to get work permit as I submit in April 2016 but receiving in September 2016.
            Normally getting work permit takes 3 months though, it took long time.

            Hope your attorney knows U visa well. sigh.

            Jin wow .Sorry for the hurdles you went through I know people who applied without an attorney and got successful too.You should have enough knowledge to search the internet.Lot of forums and websites helping us .
            My attorney is one of the best.But the time of processing is not in our or the attorneys scope.
            I wonder why it took 5 months for your EAD in DA to process .Yes it is normally 3 months.
            Thanks for the heads up I have to apply for DA Work Permit if I dont get U Visa picked this year as I am on F-1 right now which will expire soon.

            Keep posting and Good Luck !

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi,

              Other attorney advised that I could apply I-765 by myself though, I was so worried if my case is not accepted.
              I saw all document that my attorney filled for I-765 and found it is really easy!

              Regarding EAD processing time, I visited to USCIS local office 3 months after receiving receipt notice.
              My attorney told me I'd better complain processing time though, it didn't help.
              USCIS local officer said 1. it takes longer in the season of election 2. there's nothing they can do, but they will submit request on the USCIS website.

              Submitting and requesting on USCIS website is what we can do it ourselves! haha

              Anyhow, 3 weeks after visiting USCIS local office, I got EAD. (I don't think visiting local office helps. Try on the website first!)

              I am going to change my attorney once I get U-visa. =)
              Let me know if you have any questions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jin View Post
                Hi,

                Other attorney advised that I could apply I-765 by myself though, I was so worried if my case is not accepted.
                I saw all document that my attorney filled for I-765 and found it is really easy!

                Regarding EAD processing time, I visited to USCIS local office 3 months after receiving receipt notice.
                My attorney told me I'd better complain processing time though, it didn't help.
                USCIS local officer said 1. it takes longer in the season of election 2. there's nothing they can do, but they will submit request on the USCIS website.

                Submitting and requesting on USCIS website is what we can do it ourselves! haha

                Anyhow, 3 weeks after visiting USCIS local office, I got EAD. (I don't think visiting local office helps. Try on the website first!)

                I am going to change my attorney once I get U-visa. =)
                Let me know if you have any questions.

                So on this EAD you got now DA related.Can you own any business ?How many hours can you work?Did you get license and SSN on this EAD?How is the tax for this EAD?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi.

                  1. It doesn't state limitaion of working hour with this work permit.

                  (Of course department of labor has regulation of working hour for 40 hours per week. more than 40 hours, employer supposed to pay overtime to employee.
                  Anyway that's a different story as we do not have any limit.)

                  2. I went to social security office to get SSN.
                  all that you need to bring is your passport and work permit to get SSN.
                  Social Security card will be mailed next week. Officially it takes 8-10days.

                  3. once you get your social security card, you can go to DMV to get driver license.
                  I'm going DMV next Sat.

                  4. I don't get your question regarding tax.
                  Does that mean that I can get paycheck and tax return?
                  Yes. give your social number to you employer and he will process.
                  He will deduct your payroll tax and you get W2 in the end of year or Jan for tax return.

                  It's pretty much related.
                  getting work permit (EAD) means you are eligible to get Social Security number, driver's license, your salary in check, tax return, and credit card!

                  One thing that my work permit different to the others is it has expired date.
                  As I got 2 years work permit in DA, so it is expired in September 2018.
                  If I don't get my U visa this year or next year, I may need to extend my work permit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jin View Post
                    Hi.

                    1. It doesn't state limitaion of working hour with this work permit.

                    (Of course department of labor has regulation of working hour for 40 hours per week. more than 40 hours, employer supposed to pay overtime to employee.
                    Anyway that's a different story as we do not have any limit.)

                    2. I went to social security office to get SSN.
                    all that you need to bring is your passport and work permit to get SSN.
                    Social Security card will be mailed next week. Officially it takes 8-10days.

                    3. once you get your social security card, you can go to DMV to get driver license.
                    I'm going DMV next Sat.

                    4. I don't get your question regarding tax.
                    Does that mean that I can get paycheck and tax return?
                    Yes. give your social number to you employer and he will process.
                    He will deduct your payroll tax and you get W2 in the end of year or Jan for tax return.

                    It's pretty much related.
                    getting work permit (EAD) means you are eligible to get Social Security number, driver's license, your salary in check, tax return, and credit card!

                    One thing that my work permit different to the others is it has expired date.
                    As I got 2 years work permit in DA, so it is expired in September 2018.
                    If I don't get my U visa this year or next year, I may need to extend my work permit.
                    So How long will they extend this DA EAD? so you will get another 2 year extension?Do you know anyone who got approved this year?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fy 2017

                      Originally posted by reddy View Post
                      Hi

                      U visa Received notice : Feb 07 2014
                      Bio metrics : March 2014
                      Waiting list DA : March 19 2015
                      Right now waiting for Final EAD or U Visa document.

                      Do you think I can get U visa in 2017 Fiscal Year that is 2016 October ?
                      And will U visa be given out till October 31st 2016 or December 31 2016?
                      Hi I applied on October 1 2013
                      Did biometrics on dec 18 2013
                      Got deferred action on a august 2014
                      And have finally received u visa yesterday 10-31-16
                      It took exactly 3 years for final result on my case

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jin View Post
                        I applied U visa October 2013 and was on the waiting list as DA August 2014 and received work permit Sept 2016.

                        I am unsure if I could get U visa this fiscal year.
                        Hi I applied October 1, 2013 and finally got u visa on 10-31-17 , yes I think you will get it this year

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          wow!
                          Congratulations!!

                          It's really great to have a good news!

                          As I submitted U visa on Oct 22. 2013, I may need to wait more.. =)
                          Did you get a new work permit for 4 years?
                          Has USCIS website update your case?

                          My attorney didn't put my address when he applied, and always get mail to his office.
                          Furthermore he doesn't call me even he got my mail. =( sigh.
                          so I keep checking USCIS updates my status.

                          Anyhow thank you so much for your post!
                          Congratulations!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BrazilGrl View Post
                            Hi I applied on October 1 2013
                            Did biometrics on dec 18 2013
                            Got deferred action on a august 2014
                            And have finally received u visa yesterday 10-31-16
                            It took exactly 3 years for final result on my case
                            Congratulations nice to hear that someone got it .As I have filed in Feb 2014 may be this year I might not be lucky.
                            Thanks for the update.

                            Did USCIS update it on your case status online or did you get any letter in mail that you got your U-VISA?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              omg! how exciting brazilgirl
                              congrats on ur visa im from nov 5 2013. u just gave me hopes on getting my visa this week. im praying. thank you for sharing!
                              god bless

                              Comment

                              Latest Post

                              Collapse

                              • ManuelV88
                                Reply to Application 2020, bonofide 918b
                                by ManuelV88
                                Hi Netocoelho ,

                                Would you please answer my questions?

                                1 - When did you receive bonafide notice?

                                2 - Did you send...
                                11-28-2021, 02:27 PM
                              • parminderj87
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by parminderj87
                                i am from january 2016 i received my first rfe back in august 2020 then another two rfe back to back my lawyer sort it out and i was finally put on waitlist...
                                11-20-2021, 05:44 PM
                              • Shan
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Shan
                                I am from july 2016.and got nothing from uscis.it’s more than five years.it’s tooooooooooooooo painful.
                                there is nobody there to help but GOD....
                                11-19-2021, 06:44 PM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                Feel your frustration, please inquire. Don’t depend on this lawyers, some are irresponsible and they may not update you if there was some communication...
                                11-18-2021, 01:51 PM
                              • Kabir3254
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Kabir3254
                                I am from February 29 2016 still I got nothing not RFE and no BFD yes it's frustrating lot of people got BFD
                                11-17-2021, 08:03 AM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                Shan, I’m From June 2016, Haven’t heard either. It is frustrating. Application from Aug 2016 are getting BFD....
                                11-16-2021, 01:43 PM
                              • HarishAugust2014
                                Reply to AOS Filing on March 2021 (Green Card)
                                by HarishAugust2014
                                Any updates guys? have any one got EAD and AP approvals who filed on or after April 2021
                                11-16-2021, 07:01 AM
                              • Shan
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Shan
                                I am from july 2016
                                and I heard nothing yet
                                It’s sooooo terrible and painful
                                11-15-2021, 08:11 PM
                              • Trap
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Trap
                                my date i918-0ct 2016
                                transfer Nebraska- apr 2019
                                I told my attorney to go head and file my i765 after the new BFD policy.
                                Received...
                                11-13-2021, 11:14 PM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                Anyone after June 2016 application. Have you received any communication. I’m Received date June 23rd and notice date June 30th 2016 haven’t heard...
                                11-13-2021, 01:32 PM
                              • Zee77
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Zee77
                                For those that have gotten their u nonimmigrant status, I received my EAD card 3 days ago and my wife and son received their status only. So, will they...
                                10-30-2021, 10:56 AM
                              • Zee77
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Zee77
                                My rfe was about my partially completed supplement b, my wife and my marriage certificate, and my sons birth ceritifcate.
                                10-30-2021, 10:53 AM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                what was your RFE about. I’m 23rd June 2016 still waiting....
                                10-29-2021, 04:01 AM
                              • Zee77
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Zee77
                                Hello all,
                                I have received my U Nonimmigrant status along with my wife and kid for 4 years. I have received my EAD card also yesterday.
                                I...
                                10-28-2021, 08:39 PM
                              • DJ89
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by DJ89
                                I applied U visa in January 2017, but we could not able to retrieve I-94 online from from past 4 years https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov. but all of sudden i can...
                                10-27-2021, 08:07 AM
                              • AAli
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by AAli
                                june 21, 2006
                                10-21-2021, 12:05 PM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                what is your receipt dates?...
                                10-19-2021, 05:07 PM
                              • AAli
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by AAli
                                I am from June 2016 too. My 2 derivatives got 4 year EADs....
                                10-19-2021, 02:16 PM
                              • Robbery
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Robbery
                                Congratulations, what is your receipt date. And was it Vermont or Nebraska...
                                10-18-2021, 05:06 PM
                              • Ltorres5
                                Reply to U-Visa Tracker
                                by Ltorres5
                                My attorney just called me and advised me that he received my 4 year work permit while I wait for my visa. How long until they make finally determina...
                                10-18-2021, 03:22 PM
                              Working...
                              X