Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I applied for a U Visa on July 15, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied for a U Visa on July 15, 2014

Hello everyone! I applied for a U visa on July 15, 2014 and I still haven't heard anything from USCIS. When I applied, I thought it was going to be a fast process since my mother and two under 21 sisters applied in June 2012 and got U visas 6 months later. After a year of not receiving a news, I got really desperate and I applied for Differed action for childhood arrivals. USCIS approved my DACA based on my I-821D and I got my EDA in February of 2016. My mother and sisters already applied and got their green card this month. I was wondering how much more time until I receive U status? Now that I have my EDA I feel great. Now is just waiting time to receive U status but I feel like they haven't even looked at my case.

It may be approved in 2017/2018 years if you are lucky.

Comment

2017/2018 fiscal years.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        2017/2018 fiscal years.
        Its possible in 2019 cap only means after October 2018.

They already issued DA to more then 22000 applicant , that means 2017 cap and 2018 cap application ready.

Comment

Its possible in 2019 cap only means after October 2018.

They already issued DA to more then 22000 applicant , that means 2017 cap and 2018 cap application ready.
          They stopped giving DA in May 7 2015, which means that out of the "22000" DA 10000 U visa were granted. 12000 deferred actions left..."based on your numbers"

Comment

Thank you so much for the answers

Comment

They stopped giving DA in May 7 2015, which means that out of the "22000" DA 10000 U visa were granted. 12000 deferred actions left..."based on your numbers"
              At least count proper.
              we don't know actually when they stop for 10000 cap.
              I guess they issued regular u visa up to July 2013.. then qouta over.
              now during Aug 2013 to May 7 2014 how many application they received ?
              In 10 month they might received 22000 applicans bcoz Evey quarter they received 6500
              if they deny 10% means 2000 from 22000 = 20000 application up to May 7 2014 and they all ready issued DA to them.
              At least understand proper.

Comment

At least count proper.
                we don't know actually when they stop for 10000 cap.
                I guess they issued regular u visa up to July 2013.. then qouta over.
                now during Aug 2013 to May 7 2014 how many application they received ?
                In 10 month they might received 22000 applicans bcoz Evey quarter they received 6500
                if they deny 10% means 2000 from 22000 = 20000 application up to May 7 2014 and they all ready issued DA to them.
                At least understand proper.
                All the numbers that YOU provided are incorrect. They are way off. Lets wait and see. My husband applied on June 3rd 2014, still nothing, not even a RFE.

Comment

All the numbers that YOU provided are incorrect. They are way off. Lets wait and see. My husband applied on June 3rd 2014, still nothing, not even a RFE.
                  Really ....?
                  Wait and watch
                  Your case will b approved earliest 2018 cap means after October 2017.
                  Good luck
                  Don't forget to update timeline.

Comment

I cant wait to dapa goes into effects

Comment

This not fair people aply u visa in January and February 2014 got there deffer status in 11 month's

Comment

Originally posted by legend1979 View Post
                        This not fair people aply u visa in January and February 2014 got there deffer status in 11 month's
                        Bcoz they worked fast.
                        and after April 2014 they stop working at all.
                        They are not working at present , I doutbt they will not work after coming April..
                        any way good luck friend.

Comment

Thank u when did u aply?

Comment

Originally posted by legend1979 View Post
                            Thank u when did u aply?
                            I applied in Sep 2014

Comment

It is a problem for many but you can stay in the country while it is being processed. We will try to petition congress to get more on the cap https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2016_qtr1.pdf
                              Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
                              Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
                              Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X