Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about process

Hello,

I have a question about the process for a U-Visa. We filled out the form on behalf of my cousin (aunt's daughter) who was granted the Visa. She lives in Turkey and is 12 years old. The visa was granted, and our lawyer has said the forms have gone to the embassy in Turkey. I am wondering about the next steps in the process to bring her to the US. Do we need to contact the embassy? Or does the embassy send the forms to us in Turkey? How does this work? I believe we have to get certain permissions before she can come, which includes permission from her father (mother and father are divorced, and the mother is here in the US while the father is in Turkey). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

your questions are confusing

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

I have a question about the process for a U-Visa. We filled out the form on behalf of my cousin (aunt's daughter) who was granted the Visa. She lives in Turkey and is 12 years old. The visa was granted, and our lawyer has said the forms have gone to the embassy in Turkey. I am wondering about the next steps in the process to bring her to the US. Do we need to contact the embassy? Or does the embassy send the forms to us in Turkey? How does this work? I believe we have to get certain permissions before she can come, which includes permission from her father (mother and father are divorced, and the mother is here in the US while the father is in Turkey). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
    Sir,

your questions are confusing

u are said -
    u filled out the form------------ Which form u filled out ?
    visa was granted -------------- Which visa was granted ? and you don't need anything if visa already granted then buy ticket and fly over here.

what you want to know ? Give proper information and ask proper Questions

Comment

U visa process

Congra to her. What she need to do is to go for an interview at the US embassy in Turkey for her passport to be stamped with a U visa before she can travel to US. She can do this once her documents have been received at the US embassy in Turkey.

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

• Robbery
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Robbery
        i am June 23rd 2016. Still waiting for decision for form 918....
        01-19-2023, 02:50 PM
      • Shan
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Shan
        I think nobody from 2017 got the actual u visa approval.july 2016 still waiting.

did anybody here get u visa from June,July and aug 2016?...
        01-19-2023, 01:18 PM
      • Virus
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Virus
        Has anyone from 2017 got actual U-Visa ?

i m from august 2017, still waiting. How much time it will take more to get actual U-Visa ?
        01-15-2023, 09:54 PM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Thank you, Rosie! I see what you meant buy the gap. Same here daily transactions, rent payment transactions, walmart amazon transactions etc. It shows...
        12-28-2022, 02:52 PM
      • Rosie7
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Rosie7
        Hi! I don’t remember correctly, but you cannot have 3+months gaps in your records. They can come back and say you were not present in the U.S. I also...
        12-28-2022, 11:20 AM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Thank you, Rosie! My lawyer came back about employment concern, he said I do not need to be employed neither I need to manage any income level. All I...
        12-28-2022, 08:51 AM
      • Rosie7
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Rosie7
        I provided my bank statements, check stubs, W2 forms. I didn’t have any gaps of records for the 3 years. Your attorney can tell you what other things...
        12-27-2022, 05:31 PM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Hi Rosie7,

I have yet to apply for adjustment of status, next year. May I ask which documents you submitted when filing for GC, to show continuous...
        12-27-2022, 11:35 AM
      • Rosie7
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Rosie7
        Hi! Pending green card application i485....
        12-26-2022, 10:00 AM
      • Shan
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Shan
        Hey rozie
        did you get AP approval with pending green card application or during u visa status?...
        12-26-2022, 09:53 AM
      • Shan
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Shan
        Hey did you get actual u visa ?or did you get bonafied determination?
        you said you can apply for green card third year of deferred action?right?...
        12-26-2022, 09:51 AM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Thank you, Rosie7. Yeah, I will rethink about it. I hope I don't need it....
        12-25-2022, 08:00 PM
      • Rosie7
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Rosie7
        Hi!
        USCIS Nebraska Center received my application on May 31st! I received AP on 10/05. I would just say to wait....
        12-25-2022, 07:25 PM
      • ManuelV88
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by ManuelV88
        Hi Robbery,

It was on June 21, 2016. Honestly, I do not care much anymore about my actual U visa. My lawyer said I only have to wait 3 years...
        12-25-2022, 03:07 PM
      • Robbery
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Robbery
        manuelv88

what is your application date in June 2016. Mine is 23rd June 2016. Hope we get approval for U visa by end of March 2023....
        12-25-2022, 01:32 PM
      • ManuelV88
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by ManuelV88
        Just want to update you guys about my case:

Applied in June 2016 for a U Visa.
        Granted bonafide deferred action in July 2021, two weeks...
        12-25-2022, 12:56 PM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Thank you, Rosie7. I am confused as per the response from my lawyer. He is saying if I get Advance parole approved, I don't need to go to consulate to...
        12-25-2022, 09:01 AM
      • Rosie7
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Rosie7
        I received my AP and my attorney said to wait and not risk being denied entry to the U.S. If I need to travel outside of the country for an emergency...
        12-19-2022, 05:55 PM
      • rbkusa
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by rbkusa
        [QUOTE=Jcann;n29405]Anyone know if we leave US, do we need to go for U visa stamping. I am on U status. My lawyer says if we get Advance parole approve,...
        12-19-2022, 10:52 AM
      • Jcann
        Reply to U-Visa Tracker
        by Jcann
        Anyone know if we leave US, do we need to go for U visa stamping. I am on U status. My lawyer says if we get Advance parole approve, that is the Visa...
        12-19-2022, 07:43 AM
      Working...
      X