Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • quick question

    Which month cases is in process now a days?

  • #2
    u visa

    As of now Nov they r working on who applied on or before May 7, 2014.
    I applied 20th may 2014. It's been 17 months and still haven't heard anything. wait is about 24 months. I don't mean 24 months to be approved for u visa. I meant 24 months just to be on a wait list. Forget about getting approved for another year or two after being on wait list. So good 4 years to be approved if lucky

    Comment


    • #3
      U visa Problem

      Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post! Well I applied U visa recently and they received on 07/10/14. And my biometrics appointed for 08/12/14. But 3 days ago ICE came to my home looking for me and yesterday me and my lawyer went to USCIS in pittsburgh and they arrested me and put me on removal and right now i have NTA for September and then court will put date for me for my hearings .
      Honestly i'm scared to death i think like most of immigrants are. But at the same time i'm confused i've pending case but other hand they want to deport me. Please help! If someone had similar experience let me know. thanks
      And on their NTA also shows i was on F-1 status till January 2014 but because of the robbery i lost all my necessary documents and my savings i was out of status and only hope was U visa. They don't wanna understand that.... I told them reason why iwas out of status because i applied for U visa i'm trying to find someone who had pending visa like me and went to deportation hearings .... I just want know if judge will grant me stay due to my pending status

      Comment


      • #4
        U visa

        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post! Well I applied U visa recently and they received on 07/10/14. And my biometrics appointed for 08/12/14. But 3 days ago ICE came to my home looking for me and yesterday me and my lawyer went to USCIS in pittsburgh and they arrested me and put me on removal and right now i have NTA for September and then court will put date for me for my hearings .
        Honestly i'm scared to death i think like most of immigrants are. But at the same time i'm confused i've pending case but other hand they want to deport me. Please help! If someone had similar experience let me know. thanks
        And on their NTA also shows i was on F-1 status till January 2014 but because of the robbery i lost all my necessary documents and my savings i was out of status and only hope was U visa. They don't wanna understand that.... I told them reason why iwas out of status because i applied for U visa i'm trying to find someone who had pending visa like me and went to deportation hearings .... I just want know if judge will grant me stay due to my pending status
        I think the judge will grant you a stay if you have already put in applications for a U visa. Make sure you have all the copies of the documents that you send to Vermont, and mostly the document showing they received your applications. You might have the removal proceedings as you wait for your U visa to be approved but every time you attend the hearing just tell the judge that you are still waiting. You are in good position, been in the same boat. You will be fine. Are you in detention or they released you?

        Comment


        • #5
          u visa problem

          thank you so much for answer

          they released me and waiting for court hearing.

          Comment


          • #6
            24 months?

            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            As of now Nov they r working on who applied on or before May 7, 2014.
            I applied 20th may 2014. It's been 17 months and still haven't heard anything. wait is about 24 months. I don't mean 24 months to be approved for u visa. I meant 24 months just to be on a wait list. Forget about getting approved for another year or two after being on wait list. So good 4 years to be approved if lucky
            So you are telling us that been waiting for 2 years and you haven't even get a C14 (work permit) not even that?

            Comment


            • #7
              U visa Problem

              I applied on 10th July 2014 not 2 years.
              no conditional approval, so far.
              lawyer says USCIS working on 10,000 Quota and bcoz of Christmas vacation now my conditional approval may b after March 2016.

              Comment


              • #8
                U-2016

                Does anybody knows the cut off month for the 2016 U visas that were approved ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  u visa

                  Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  So you are telling us that been waiting for 2 years and you haven't even get a C14 (work permit) not even that?
                  Yes I've been waiting for 19 months now. Haven't heard anything since my biometrics. I don't even know if I'm on the waiting list or not. Once I know that I'm on waiting list than I can apply for work permit and I will get my actual approval letter probably year and a half or two years later. So total 4 to 5 years and growing every year to get ur approval letter
                  It's a long wait.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    u visa

                    Just updating
                    Dec 29, 2015. USCIS have reached the 10000 cap. They r done issuing visas for 2015 and will start giving again Oct 1st, 2016.
                    So hopefully after Jan 1, 2016 they will start working on pending cases and atleast issue whoever applied may of 2014 a letter being on waitlist. So at least we apply for work permits.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I-192

                      My I-192 was approved on mid Dec, does it mean that my I-918 was approved afterwards? So far, I haven't received anything from the Vermont.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        u visa

                        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        My I-192 was approved on mid Dec, does it mean that my I-918 was approved afterwards? So far, I haven't received anything from the Vermont.
                        Yes ur 918 will be approved as well.
                        When did u file ur u visa application?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          U visa

                          My applications were received on 08/27/2013. I hope my I-918 approval notice is on the way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cut off month

                            Anybody with the information about the cut off month for 2016 U visas?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cut off month

                              Anybody with the information about the cut off month for 2016 U visas?

                              Comment

                              Latest Post

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X