Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U-Visa Tracker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My old passport is about to expire soon ,my case is In Nebraska office pending , anyone knows if I can send the new passport not to wait for uscis to send me RFE ? Any ideas?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by VVM View Post
      My old passport is about to expire soon ,my case is In Nebraska office pending , anyone knows if I can send the new passport not to wait for uscis to send me RFE ? Any ideas?
      Great question. I had the same one awhile back, I am from 05/2015 and my case is still in VSC. My passport expired on 03/2018, and when I heard from USCIS (RFE) this past July 2020 they did not request an updated passport, however, I made sure my attorney sent the updated passport along with the RFE documents. Reach out to your attorney, and if you do decide to send it in, make sure you include your attorney's G28 cover letter; this will let USCIS to the intention of making an amendment to your file. Good luck.

      Comment


      • Hello krod2015, did you get approved yet? How long they took to respond after RFE? And what was the RFE asking for? I’m from October 2015, no approval yet

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EdOct2015 View Post
          Hello krod2015, did you get approved yet? How long they took to respond after RFE? And what was the RFE asking for? I’m from October 2015, no approval yet
          Hi EdOct2015,

          No, I haven't gotten approved yet and I have not heard from USCIS regarding my RFE response. You can look at the previous page, I posted a detailed timeline on 02/25/21, which includes reaching out to my congresswoman's office; something you should look into for a case inquiry.

          Good luck.

          Comment


          • Hi krod2015,
            We are in the same boat, My case still in Vermont, receipt date 10/16/2015, no transfer, RFE received on 04/17/2020, we responded on 06/22/2020, since then no response from USCIS, no DA, nothing, it’s been almost 9 months since they got our response and nothing yet, I have submitted a request with USCIS Ombudsman for help on 12/30/2020 but they are backlogged as well, no help yet, I submitted a request with my Congressman on 02/23/2021 but no answer yet. To be honest I don’t know what else I can do.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by EdOct2015 View Post
              Hi krod2015,
              We are in the same boat, My case still in Vermont, receipt date 10/16/2015, no transfer, RFE received on 04/17/2020, we responded on 06/22/2020, since then no response from USCIS, no DA, nothing, it’s been almost 9 months since they got our response and nothing yet, I have submitted a request with USCIS Ombudsman for help on 12/30/2020 but they are backlogged as well, no help yet, I submitted a request with my Congressman on 02/23/2021 but no answer yet. To be honest I don’t know what else I can do.
              Hang in there, you will receive an update any day now. Great that you reached out to your Congressman's office, when you get an update from the aides, and if you're not satisfy, you can also reach out to your State Senator, Senators have a bit more weight with Federal Agencies. That will be my next step in the coming weeks.

              Keep us updated.

              Comment


              • Anyone from JUNE 2016 got DA ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by krod2015 View Post
                  Hello,

                  I've been following this blog for a few years now and I wanted to share my timeline; hope this helps.
                  • Notice Date: 05/27/2015
                  • Biometrics: 07/10/2015
                  • Transfer: No. Still at Vermont Service Center
                  • Attorney Case Inquiry: 01/03/2020
                  • USCIS VSC Response: 04/14/2020 - “Within our current processing timeframe for I-918 petitions.”
                  • Attorney Case Inquiry: 04/19/2020 - “Requested USCIS to elaborate on current processing timeframe?” No response.
                  • Reached out to my Congressman Office: 06/12/2020 - I reached out and filled the online form requesting assistance with a federal agency.
                  • Congressman Office Response: 06/17/2020 - I received a reply from one of the Congressman aides to sign the proper release form, so their office can be given an inquiry update from USCIS.
                  • USCIS VSC Response: 07/07/2020 - USCIS sent a response to my Congressman stating an immigration officer will review my case.
                  • USCIS VSC Response: 07/30/2020 - USCIS sent an RFE, they requested the following documents: Personal Statement and Medical Records (Form I-693).
                  • Attorney Response: 10/05/2020 - My attorney sent the RFE documents and additional non-requested documents; passport. The passport I submitted with my original packet sent in 05/2015 had expired on 03/2018.
                  • USCIS: Vermont Center received the RFE on 10/13/2020.
                  • Reached out to my Congresswoman Office: 01/04/2021 - A new Congresswoman was elected in my district. I submitted another assistance with a federal agency request.
                  • Congresswoman Office Response: 01/12/2021 - My new Congresswoman aide responded to my request, and her office submitted a case inquiry to USCIS on the same day.
                  • Congresswoman Office Response: 01/25/2021 - USCIS informed my Congresswoman office that my case is currently with an adjudicating Immigration Officer.
                  • Congresswoman Office Response: 02/23/2021 - A Congresswoman aide submitted another USCIS inquiry on my behalf for a case status update.
                  2016 applicants, be patient! I will add to my post once I hear any updates from my Congresswoman's office or attorney.
                  Hello,

                  I'm adding the latest update to my timeline:
                  • Reached out to my Congresswoman Office: 03/24/2021 - I reached out to request a case inquiry on my behalf.
                  • Congresswoman Office Response: 03/24/2021 - My Congresswoman aide responded to my request, and her office submitted a case inquiry to USCIS on the same day.
                  • Congressman Office Response: 03/26/2021 - USCIS informed my Congresswoman office that my case is still being processed by an adjudicating Immigration Officer.
                  I will request another case inquiry within the next 60 days. Long process but I am still hopeful.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by krod2015 View Post

                    Hello,

                    I'm adding the latest update to my timeline:
                    • Reached out to my Congresswoman Office: 03/24/2021 - I reached out to request a case inquiry on my behalf.
                    • Congresswoman Office Response: 03/24/2021 - My Congresswoman aide responded to my request, and her office submitted a case inquiry to USCIS on the same day.
                    • Congressman Office Response: 03/26/2021 - USCIS informed my Congresswoman office that my case is still being processed by an adjudicating Immigration Officer.
                    I will request another case inquiry within the next 60 days. Long process but I am still hopeful.
                    Hi,

                    I finally heard from USCIS VSC regarding my RFE submitted on 10/13/2020:
                    • USCIS VSC Response: 03/31/2021 - "USCIS has received your petition/application and supporting evidence. You did not submit sufficient evidence to establish that you are admissible to the United States. Therefore, additional evidence is needed."
                    This new RFE is in regards to my I-192 application for advance permission to enter as a nonimmigrant, also known as a waiver. I have until June 26th, 2021 to submit my new evidence, I will update my post once I submit the evidence; it will take me a few weeks.

                    In summary, I received a second RFE from USCIS requesting additional evidence, I am from May 2015.

                    Comment


                    • goodluck...................... krod2015

                      Comment


                      • Hello,
                        Just an update, just got news of my final U Visa approval!!
                        Receipt date: 10/16/2015
                        Biometrics: 11/16/2015
                        No transfer
                        RFE: 04/17/2020
                        USCIS received RFE response: 06/22/2020
                        No response for almost 10 months
                        No Da
                        Several inquiries through Ombudsman, Representatives and Senator, with no response from USCIS
                        Final U Visa approval 04/07/2021

                        Long wait but worth it, stay hopeful everyone
                        Last edited by EdOct2015; 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by EdOct2015 View Post
                          Hello,
                          Just an update, just got news of my final U Visa approval!!
                          Receipt date: 10/16/2015
                          Biometrics: 11/16/2015
                          No transfer
                          RFE: 04/17/2020
                          USCIS received RFE response: 06/22/2020
                          No response for almost 10 months
                          No Da
                          Several inquiries through Ombudsman, Representatives and Senator, with no response from USCIS
                          Final U Visa approval 04/07/2021

                          Long wait but worth it, stay hopeful everyone
                          Ha, great news! I told you a few weeks back that you would get a reply directly from USCIS. With me I received a second RFE, this one is based on my inadmissibility waiver. My attorney is sending the new RFE documents by the end of this month or the first week of May, I should hear back by late Summer or early Fall.

                          Comment


                          • Did anyone got DA from May or June 2016 ?

                            Comment


                            • I request everyone who has been visiting this forum plz post your time line especially if somebody just received DA or something.I gonna help a lot to everyone
                              I am from July 2016 but I heard nothing from uscis after biometric

                              Comment


                              • My dates June 30th 2016. My friend from May 12th 2016.has got his DA in January.
                                I hope I should have any updates by December this year. Right after October window opens.

                                Comment

                                Latest Post

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X