Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rules

Has anybody ask their lawyers about the new memo that president trump and his buddy mr Miller are going to introduce within a couple of weeks? States that no immigrant will qualify for visas,green cards,and citizenships if they have used social assistance such as Medicaid,SNAP,WIC and such,will that affect U visa as well?

Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
    Has anybody ask their lawyers about the new memo that president trump and his buddy mr Miller are going to introduce within a couple of weeks? States that no immigrant will qualify for visas,green cards,and citizenships if they have used social assistance such as Medicaid,SNAP,WIC and such,will that affect U visa as well?
    Let's calm on this one. I do know that waiting for a U visa gives you privileges like being eligible for gov. insurance and food stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Eva View Post
      Let's calm on this one. I do know that waiting for a U visa gives you privileges like being eligible for gov. insurance and food stamps.
      You didn’t read my thread correctly Eva,president Trump is attacking legal immigrants now by denying immigration benefits such as visas,green cards and citizenship if they’ve been on welfare through their citizen kids,I just saw on the news a Mexican woman using a tourist visa was denied entry in George bush airport in Houston just because she used Medicaid for the delivery of her child,it’s on Univision network,I’ll get the link,but I can’t translate it because it’s a lothttps://www.univision.com/houston/kxln/noticias/inmigracion/agentes-niegan-a-una-mexicana-el-acceso-a-eeuu-por-haber-usado-ayudas-de-medicaid

Comment

No, I have not.
        But I had heard of the new changes being proposed, I don't know how much has it changed since I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, but they will look into the last 3 years before whatever you are are trying to do (green card, citizenship etc.) and if you have used any government assistance you are considered a burden, according to them.
        As an undocumented person you do not qualify for anything, but our citizen kids do.
        With that being said, if your child has Medicaid, food stamps, wic, etc. or anything that comes from the government, you are a considered a burden.
        I don't think is fair, but that's what they are trying to do.

An immigration attorney was explaining how will this affect and to who it will affect, is very serious.
        since most of U Visa victims had need or still need some type of medical care.
        Let's hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sept2014 View Post
          No, I have not.
          But I had heard of the new changes being proposed, I don't know how much has it changed since I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, but they will look into the last 3 years before whatever you are are trying to do (green card, citizenship etc.) and if you have used any government assistance you are considered a burden, according to them.
          As an undocumented person you do not qualify for anything, but our citizen kids do.
          With that being said, if your child has Medicaid, food stamps, wic, etc. or anything that comes from the government, you are a considered a burden.
          I don't think is fair, but that's what they are trying to do.

An immigration attorney was explaining how will this affect and to who it will affect, is very serious.
          since most of U Visa victims had need or still need some type of medical care.
          Let's hope for the best.
          I really think it’s unfair if someone gets sick and it’s unable to get medical attention because it’s very expensive,6 years ago I paid $1,600 for three stitches and two X-rays,I’m not that concerned about that but I got some friends that have been on welfare and won’t be elegible to get a green card.

Comment

I really think it’s unfair if someone gets sick and it’s unable to get medical attention because it’s very expensive,6 years ago I paid $1,600 for three stitches and two X-rays,I’m not that concerned about that but I got some friends that have been on welfare and won’t be elegible to get a green card.
            It is! But let's pray and hope everything goes well for all of us.

Comment

If America turns out like that , no body needs it anymore. I'll prefer my home country a thousand times better than here.

Comment

I have been following this development also. First I should point out that U visa is exempt from the public charge clause. U visa does not adjust status under the same rules as other immigrant categories. A lot of rules are being changed but they are also being challenged. I haven't heard about the story you mentioned but I wouldn't stress too much. There probably is more to it. Doubt it has anything to do with U visas. There is a story in the Washington Post about the change for anyone that wants to read up on it.

Comment

Just a quick note after looking into the case mentioned. I was interested because I didn't think the proposition had been introduced. As it is there is no law YET. Just proposals. The lady denied entry was because she was on a tourist visa. She was not seeking any immigration relief. She had a tourist visa and used it to enter the country and had her baby on Medicaid. That resulted in her visa being revoked as her being in violation. So she wasn't a citizen or applying to be. She was on a tourist visa. Things are stricter but it is important not to stress over everything. U visa is already stressful. Just remember don't take any chances and break any laws. So far most changes haven't affected us apart from being deported to wait abroad. Keep the faith.

Comment

Working...
                  X