Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa victim of arson/ felonious assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U visa victim of arson/ felonious assault

Anyone knows if a victim of arson/felonious assault qualifies for a U VISA please some info thank you

Originally posted by Joe View Post
    Anyone knows if a victim of arson/felonious assault qualifies for a U VISA please some info thank you
    I will attach a link. Quick answer is yes it does. But there are other requirements. You must have substantial harm. No definition of what is substantial but you have to be able to show it. Hope that helps.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/v...migrant-status

Comment

Thank you, but arson is not on the list of crimes, but I like to know if I qualify under a felony, since he was charge with Class B Felony, anyone with similar case please thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        Thank you, but arson is not on the list of crimes, but I like to know if I qualify under a felony, since he was charge with Class B Felony, anyone with similar case please thank you.
        We are not lawyers that is first so always double check advice. But from how it was explained to me the crime must be a qualifying crime on the list. If it was felonious assault then it is on the list. If the crime was an attempt to do one of the crimes on the list, you have a chance. More important than that you have to be able to get a signed supplement b stating the facts. You also have to show physical or mental harm. That means medical records or statements from a mental health professional. I would say consult an experienced u visa lawyer. They will look at the case and be better able to give an informed and qualified opinion.

Comment

Back in 2010 my sister was a victim of Arson. Her boyfriend burned her apartment complex while she was out with her friends and she was qualified for U Visa at that time there wasn't any waiting it was only 6 months and she didn't even have to get the DA she was approved for the actual U Visa now she is a U.S. Citizen thanks to the bastard that burned her apartment

Comment

Hello! I think you need to cosult a immigration lawyer to help with your case. In this organization www.politicalasylumusa.com you can get qualified information support, because they have a huge experience practicing asylum law. A lawyer who understands the immigration laws and the system can maximize the applicant’s chances of success in the immigration process. You will be know exactly your rights. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by me146 View Post
              cosult a immigration lawyer to help with your case. In this organization www.politicalasylumusa.com you can get qualified information support
              This service I have seen at other forum, people writing that this is not a waste of time, but better to ask people at Quora for sure

Comment

Working...
              X