Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

U visa for armed robbery

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozimax
    • Jul 2018

U visa for armed robbery

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about whether armed robbery is qualified for u visa crimes. Do you know anyone's application is approved/denied for this particular offense.

Your answers much appreciated,
  • Jabalin05
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by ozimax
    Hi everyone,

I'm curious about whether armed robbery is qualified for u visa crimes. Do you know anyone's application is approved/denied for this particular offense.

You have to be physically assault if you weren’t don’t even try you could put yourself in deportation,I ain’t no lawyer but I’m telling you on own denial experience.

Comment

• may2016
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Jabalin05
      You have to be physically assault if you weren’t don’t even try you could put yourself in deportation,I ain’t no lawyer but I’m telling you on own denial experience.
      Was your case denied?

Comment

• Adelio
        • Jan 2017

You need to show that you "suffered mental or physical abuse". The key word here is "or". If you haven't been physically injured you could show "mental abuse".

Comment

• Jabalin05
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by may2016
          Was your case denied?
          Terroristic threatening doesn’t not apply for it,I’d ask different lawyers if i were you,good luck

Comment

• Leah
            • Apr 2018

Hi everyone,

There is a list of crimes. Armed robbery isn't on it. Like someone already said you have to be a victim of physical or mental harm.

Comment

• Jabalin05
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by may2016
              Was your case denied?
              Be really careful,I wouldn’t get too excited,many lawyers out there will tell you want you want to hear to get your money,trust me I went through it myself I only gave that heartless bastard attorney all my savings I could’ve gotten in big trouble for his greediness; good thing is I filed AOS as soon as got NOID otherwise I would had been deported by now,don’t let greedy people fool you.

Comment

• Jr_time
                • Mar 2017

Be really careful,I wouldn’t get too excited,many lawyers out there will tell you want you want to hear to get your money,trust me I went through it myself I only gave that heartless bastard attorney all my savings I could’ve gotten in big trouble for his greediness; good thing is I filed AOS as soon as got NOID otherwise I would had been deported by now,don’t let greedy people fool you.
                How soon did you file aos as soon you got noid? And how soon did you get application approve to process aos?

Comment

• Jabalin05
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Jr_time
                  How soon did you file aos as soon you got noid? And how soon did you get application approve to process aos?
                  Within days,I was pretty much ready,and it only took few months

Comment

• Jr_time
                    • Mar 2017

Good thinking. Glad it work for you with plan b.

Just hoping i get to aos this year when i summit my application. Requirements are getting harder and harder.

Comment

• Leah
                      • Apr 2018

That is so messed up. Between lawyers who have no clue and fakes it is hard to know who to trust. Sorry you went through that.

Comment

• Jr_time
                        • Mar 2017

I see you are in immahelp forum also. I tried to register, but i dont get where it says alphabet and referre on there? What do i put? Thanks.

Comment

• Sunnyside
                          • Jul 2018

Armed robbery with aggravated assault, would that help to obtain u-visa?

Comment

• ozimax
                            • Jul 2018

Thanks everyone, the robbery caused mental suffering as well. The application is from feb2015, so let's see what will happen

Comment

• Leah
                              • Apr 2018

Thanks everyone, the robbery caused mental suffering as well. The application is from feb2015, so let's see what will happen
                              Yeah they are probably gonna get to yours soon. Keep us updated. I would think if you have the supplement b and a psychological report/evaluation then you might have a good chance. Considering the assault also. Hopefully you have medical reports. I wonder if they would do rfe for a case like this if you didn't?

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...