Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humanitarian Parole for Medical Reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanitarian Parole for Medical Reasons

Friends, has anyone among our U Visa applicants who are waiting abroad applied for Humanitarian Parole to return to the U.S. for Medical Reasons. I have 6 broken bones on my face, had bone reconstruction surgery and after surgery in 2018 my trauma was left untreated for 8 years. My condition is worsening every year, headaches, dizziness, heartaches, sometimes I feel I will pass out. I am starving in my home country and even have no money to do a CT Scan. Also doctors in my country are very ignorant and have no qualification. After they hear trauma happened in America, they tell me to go back to American doctor and that the trauma is too complicated, they dont know how to treat it. Also, in my country thousands of people are killed by doctors annually because of wrong medical treatment or wrong medication or wrong amount of medication. I am afraid I will die much faster if I go to a doctor in my home country. Also I tried to called ambulance when I had pneumonia and a very high fever. When the ambulance took me to hospital, the doctors denied treatment and throw me alone on the street in -4 degrees Farenheit cold (-20 celcius) because I was unable to give a bribe to the doctor and thats while I have a free government paid insurance. And they still denied treatment and throw me in the cold street. There is no law in my country at all. Can anyone please help. I will die in this country with lack of treatment.
    Last edited by January2016; 02-20-2018, 01:37 PM.

January2016 - I'm so sorry to hear this, really feeling bad. There may be a parole for unusual circumstances But unfortunately, if you apply for humanitratian parole for non immigrant U visa you will get refused as for medical condition you have you'll be on govt/public fund for the treatment.
    And as a non immigrant anyone coulnd't be on government or public funds.

Same time I hope any of our forum members could help you with any other advise regards to parole.

Comment

Originally posted by you.visa View Post
      January2016 - I'm so sorry to hear this, really feeling bad. There may be a parole for unusual circumstances But unfortunately, if you apply for humanitratian parole for non immigrant U visa you will get refused as for medical condition you have you'll be on govt/public fund for the treatment.
      And as a non immigrant anyone coulnd't be on government or public funds.

Same time I hope any of our forum members could help you with any other advise regards to parole.
      Friend, that you for the attention to my matter. Visa applicants are exempt from the Public Charge Requirement by Congress plus I have a valid Emergency MedicAid health insurance which I havent activated yet and the Human Resourses Administration, a social services agency, checked in their system that because I didnt activate the MedicAid card (I was afraid of hospital after surgety because of severe pains), my MedicAid is still valid and I can activate my MedicAid and use it for 6 months as soon as I enter the U.S., thats what the U.S. social services said. I e-mailed to the lawyer and she is discussing that with additional lawyers in the law firm, I am waiting for an answer. If someone applied or has ideas or can suggest organizations that can help, please post.

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
        Friends, has anyone among our U Visa applicants who are waiting abroad applied for Humanitarian Parole to return to the U.S. for Medical Reasons. I have 6 broken bones on my face, had bone reconstruction surgery and after surgery in 2018 my trauma was left untreated for 8 years. My condition is worsening every year, headaches, dizziness, heartaches, sometimes I feel I will pass out. I am starving in my home country and even have no money to do a CT Scan. Also doctors in my country are very ignorant and have no qualification. After they hear trauma happened in America, they tell me to go back to American doctor and that the trauma is too complicated, they dont know how to treat it. Also, in my country thousands of people are killed by doctors annually because of wrong medical treatment or wrong medication or wrong amount of medication. I am afraid I will die much faster if I go to a doctor in my home country. Also I tried to called ambulance when I had pneumonia and a very high fever. When the ambulance took me to hospital, the doctors denied treatment and throw me alone on the street in -4 degrees Farenheit cold (-20 celcius) because I was unable to give a bribe to the doctor and thats while I have a free government paid insurance. And they still denied treatment and throw me in the cold street. There is no law in my country at all. Can anyone please help. I will die in this country with lack of treatment.
        May I ask why did you have this injuries, and where did this happen?

Comment

Just curious have you gone to the uscis
          Webpage to see who can apply for u visa.Did you apply for u visa but trying to come in sooner? Where you assaulted or did you get injuries from domestic violence? Like the reply from before they cannot let you in for treatment unless you show that you can afford it. They look at it as a financial burden. Sorry for all you are going through. Are you paying the lawyers coz if you are i would save that money for needed medicines. I do not medical humanitarian parole exists.

Comment

I have a U.S. government paid medical insurance called Emergency MedicAid for 6 months and I checked, because I didnt activate it yet, it is still valid and I can you this medical insurance for 6 months of treatment if I come to the U.S.

Comment

Domestic violence happened in New York, he used to be a boxer, he made professional boxer punch with his maximum force and broke 6 bones on my face with just one punch. Before that he tried to choke me and throw boiling cooking oil in my face. I had 3 hour bone reconstruction surgery and then was punched in my operated face, then went abroad. Applied for U Visa on January, 26, 2016 with free lawyer from New York law firm
              Last edited by January2016; 02-21-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Domestic violence happened in New York, he used to be a boxer, he made professional boxer punch with his maximum force and broke 6 bones on my face with just one punch. Before that he tried to choke me and throw boiling cooking oil in my face. I had 3 hour bone reconstruction surgery and then was punched in my operated face, then went abroad. Applied for U Visa on January, 26, 2016 with free lawyer from New York law firm
                Am sorry for what you endured . Hope you can get treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubu View Post
                  Am sorry for what you endured . Hope you can get treatment.
                  Thank you Bubu. Hope people can cheer up by hearing my story and realize that their is situation is better then mine, at least they wait inside the U.S. and they dont have a worsening medical emergency with no hope for the next 6 years. My visa will be ready in 2024.

Comment

Working...
                  X