Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Government shut down

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabalin05
    • Feb 2017

Government shut down

My case has been delayed a month,I understand that holidays and all that,but this? No offense folks but those “dreamers” I know can’t even keep a job for more than a year,I’d say 80% don’t need to call themselves that,regarding the other percentage they outstanding people pulling off bachelors degrees,and contributing to the system,I agree that they deserve a chance but only the ones that attend college and stay on a job for more than two years,we want immigrants that make look good other immigrants not worthless people living on welfare,sorry if someone got offended but it’s the truth
  • frogman
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Jabalin05
    My case has been delayed a month,I understand that holidays and all that,but this? No offense folks but those “dreamers” I know can’t even keep a job for more than a year,I’d say 80% don’t need to call themselves that,regarding the other percentage they outstanding people pulling off bachelors degrees,and contributing to the system,I agree that they deserve a chance but only the ones that attend college and stay on a job for more than two years,we want immigrants that make look good other immigrants not worthless people living on welfare,sorry if someone got offended but it’s the truth
    Im in the same boat as you are Jabalin waiting years for a respond from USICS, But taking your frustration on these dreamers that had the chance to stay in the US and contribute to this society and then have it ripped away and used as a pawn to fund a multi billion dollar wall isn't there fault. I know many DACA recipients I studied with them and worked with them, they were all happy about given a opportunity of a life time. Im not sure were your coming up with your statistic percentages but here is a publised article by MPI(Migration Policy Institute) on Education and work profiles of many DACA recipients. Don't get me wrong Jabalin theirs always bad apples on all groups.

The future of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is uncertain, amid skepticism from the Trump administration about its merits and the promise of legal challenge from ten state attorneys general. This issue brief presents a profile of young adults eligible for DACA in terms of their educational attainment and labor force participation, as well as what is at stake should the program be terminated.

FT_17.09.25_DACA_Topcountries.jpg

Comment

• Vish
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by frogman
      Im in the same boat as you are Jabalin waiting years for a respond from USICS, But taking your frustration on these dreamers that had the chance to stay in the US and contribute to this society and then have it ripped away and used as a pawn to fund a multi billion dollar wall isn't there fault. I know many DACA recipients I studied with them and worked with them, they were all happy about given a opportunity of a life time. Im not sure were your coming up with your statistic percentages but here is a publised article by MPI(Migration Policy Institute) on Education and work profiles of many DACA recipients. Don't get me wrong Jabalin theirs always bad apples on all groups.

[url]https://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/education-and-work-profiles-daca-population[/url

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129[/ATTACH]
      I agree with Frogman

Comment

• Jabalin05
        • Feb 2017

Well,I did say that they deserve a chance didn’t I? But democrats are crazy trying to give all their parents a temporary status,whether you like it or not that will delay more all our petitions,they all get preference over people like us that have been waiting over three years,that’s way unfair,right or wrong? About statistics I wouldn’t believe entirely what they say,do you remember that was a fact that Hillary Clinton was going to become the first female president according to the polls and the news? I’ve become esceptic regarding media and stuff online,but you got the right to believe whatever you want it’s a free country,hopefully they get a chance to stay,but Trump wont grant them anything Because he wouldn’t win the next race,freaking racist people want us out.

Comment

• maviba
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by frogman

The future of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is uncertain, amid skepticism from the Trump administration about its merits and the promise of legal challenge from ten state attorneys general. This issue brief presents a profile of young adults eligible for DACA in terms of their educational attainment and labor force participation, as well as what is at stake should the program be terminated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129[/ATTACH]
          Well said.

Comment

• Bubu
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by maviba
            Well said.
            I can not believe an immigrant struggling to stay in this country has that much vile towards the rest. To say DACA recipients can't keep jobs....wow. Have you seen the doctors, teachers, therapists, engineers etc that are really worried they would lose their jobs if DACA is stripped. You my friend are not any better than the so called racists who want us out. What does your 8 month wait have to do with DACA recipients. That was not a fair ****ysis. Take your frustration elsewhere. For all I say certain people from one country in Asia are dominating and misusing the U Visa hence them magnifying each case a little more. That is the cause of the delay.

Comment

• jhmw815
              • Sep 2017

Well, they certainly did a good job by making their voice heard. Do you know how many protests they gathered over the years? I wonder where the U-visa recipients are all hiding.. Also, many of these recipients came to the States at very young age. These people are more Americanized than you can imagine. US is like truly their home country. Saying things like "they can't even keep a job for a year, give it to those of who keeps their job for more than two years!" sounds just like one of those ignorant Trump supporters.
              U Visa application: 09/26/2017
              Biometrics: 11/08/2017

Comment

• Vish
                • Jul 2017

Well,I did say that they deserve a chance didn’t I? But democrats are crazy trying to give all their parents a temporary status,whether you like it or not that will delay more all our petitions,they all get preference over people like us that have been waiting over three years,that’s way unfair,right or wrong? About statistics I wouldn’t believe entirely what they say,do you remember that was a fact that Hillary Clinton was going to become the first female president according to the polls and the news? I’ve become esceptic regarding media and stuff online,but you got the right to believe whatever you want it’s a free country,hopefully they get a chance to stay,but Trump wont grant them anything Because he wouldn’t win the next race,freaking racist people want us out.
                Sorry Jabalin, I beg to differ with you. and i apologise if i sound bit harsh here ( which is not at all my intention or tone)
                I suggest, you refrain from using harsh words against USCIS and the country you intend to make Home. that being said..
                1. DACA recipients are brought to this country when they were minors and with out their fault. for them US is their home and they know nothing more than US. they have much more right to stay and get their cases adjudicated first.
                2. in mid 2015 or late 2015 major U visa abuse scam was discovered resulting in an arrest of 10 people including an attorney and police officer, Hence more scrutiny of each and every application
                3. In my opinion US is more generous and gracious to extend such a category called U visa , they are not obliged to extend this courtesy.middle eastern countries do not extend such privileges.
                4. all U visa seekers have an option of waiting for their U visa in their home countries. according to USCIS you are welcome to wait to get U visa in your home country.

not everyone is racist or white supremacist. few misguided people do not re present all of US.
                Last edited by Vish; 01-24-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Cheerful
                  • Dec 2016

Agreed to Vish

Comment

• Jabalin05
                    • Feb 2017

With all respect you speak for yourself,and I’m positive you’re already a U visa holder or you got an EAD card,that’s why you ain’t concerned about everyone else on this forum,why Trump made it? Didn’t he say all the Mexican were drug dealers and rapist? Even though he was elected president,once again he triggered racism.I’m Currently adjusting my status,waited 10 years to get a chance,three and a half of them waiting for a U visa that was denied,I did knock the door when I got here,why someone else that crossed the border illegally would have preference? It wasn’t that easy either because i had to bust my back in the tomate,tobacco,lemon,and orange fields to get the pass,I didn’t jump the fence just like that,how many “dreamers” would be willing to do the hard work in the farms? You’d be surprised;In the long term,when you’re a citizen,I ask you this: would give preference to people that crossed the border illegally over our veterans? If so that’s your choice,a very wrong one with lack of patriotism,but’s again it’s a free country,but it’s not different that stop feeding your own children to feed strangers,would you?

Comment

• Vish
                      • Jul 2017

With all respect you speak for yourself,and I’m positive you’re already a U visa holder or you got an EAD card,that’s why you ain’t concerned about everyone else on this forum,why Trump made it? Didn’t he say all the Mexican were drug dealers and rapist? Even though he was elected president,once again he triggered racism.I’m Currently adjusting my status,waited 10 years to get a chance,three and a half of them waiting for a U visa that was denied,I did knock the door when I got here,why someone else that crossed the border illegally would have preference? It wasn’t that easy either because i had to bust my back in the tomate,tobacco,lemon,and orange fields to get the pass,I didn’t jump the fence just like that,how many “dreamers” would be willing to do the hard work in the farms? You’d be surprised;In the long term,when you’re a citizen,I ask you this: would give preference to people that crossed the border illegally over our veterans? If so that’s your choice,a very wrong one with lack of patriotism,but’s again it’s a free country,but it’s not different that stop feeding your own children to feed strangers,would you?
                      Jabalin, it sounds that you are demanding your right from the US government. remember, this is not the your birth country. this country is not at all obliged to give you any kind of preferential treatment, you do not have a right in this country. USCIS is at its sole discretion to decide who they want to give preference, DACA or U visa. I understand your frustration and we all have gone through this. US government or USCIS did not sent you a special invitation to apply for U visa or green card. USA can do very well without you in their country. it's no point in ranting your frustration. i dare you to rant your frustration directly at USCIS and see what kind of response you get from them. my friend, as the saying goes, " beggers are not choosers" ( atleast I consider my self one) we all are beggers here, asking for an immigration benefits either U visa or Green card. US goverment is not desperate to give anyone of us a preferred treatment. at the most we can sign a petition and make a request. but certainly cannot twist USCIS arm or vent our frustration thinking that USCIS is doing wrong to us.

Regarding Trump, remember he is not yet your president, we all are not yet US citizens. even if Trump is racist or that does not take away the fact that he is racist in his own country, if you dont like a racist trump you have a choice to go back to your country. he is not desperate to give you U visa or green card.

And for your information, all of us have gone through the same waiting time , same pain and same suffering and waited too long for our U visa just because we want to stay here , we believe in US system more than our own country. this is the country we intend to make our homes.
                      lets not bite the hands that feed us.
                      Last edited by Vish; 01-25-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Jabalin05
                        • Feb 2017

Mr. Vish Nobody is irreplaceable!I don’t feel that way and I’m willing to leave US if my petition is not approved,are you? I do respect the law and I’ve given my xtra trying to prove I want to stay and will fight till the last minute for an opportunity,I’m not quitter.I do call Trump my president because I love this country beyond words.I hate seeing veterans homeless and see bunch of immigrants,people that afford more than food,taking advantage of the system when people that bled and almost die for our way of life is out there helpless.I do get involved in my community because I feel one of their own,what do you do? You volunteer somewhere? Have you tried to serve in the military? I’ve been tryin to enlist since 07’ to earn a spot here and also to prove im willing to bleed and die to defend the homeland that gave me another chance,my intuition tells me you haven’t,Wow what a great potential citizen we got here! Do I like what Trump says? Well not everything regarding immigration but he’s got a point about immigrants,sir if you intend to call this place your country you have to carry your own weight,you want kids? You should be able to provide for them not wait that Uncle Sam issue you a WIC card,I’m a parent and I’ve had rough times financially but never ever asked anybody for anything,I ain’t biting anybody’s hand here because I’ve done what am told,you’re aggravated just because i expressed my point of view;I see you also intend to call this nation home but with empty words,actions speak louder my friend and even your words don’t match when it comes to support the veterans to whom you should be grateful for the freedom you enjoy,that’s all I got to say.

Comment

• Jabalin05
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by jhmw815
                          Well, they certainly did a good job by making their voice heard. Do you know how many protests they gathered over the years? I wonder where the U-visa recipients are all hiding.. Also, many of these recipients came to the States at very young age. These people are more Americanized than you can imagine. US is like truly their home country. Saying things like "they can't even keep a job for a year, give it to those of who keeps their job for more than two years!" sounds just like one of those ignorant Trump supporters.
                          I don’t agree with everything he says,but he’s got a point about people coming here and be parasites,I won’t call you names because I got manners,but I do believe you don’t deserve a shot here if you don’t see the other face of the coin,people that have fight wars for this country should be first don’t you think? Have you ever tried to enlist? If not I would call you pussy cat without the cat my friend

Comment

• Jabalin05
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Bubu
                            I can not believe an immigrant struggling to stay in this country has that much vile towards the rest. To say DACA recipients can't keep jobs....wow. Have you seen the doctors, teachers, therapists, engineers etc that are really worried they would lose their jobs if DACA is stripped. You my friend are not any better than the so called racists who want us out. What does your 8 month wait have to do with DACA recipients. That was not a fair ****ysis. Take your frustration elsewhere. For all I say certain people from one country in Asia are dominating and misusing the U Visa hence them magnifying each case a little more. That is the cause of the delay.
                            You’re upset because i expressed my point of view,you must be the type of person that believes all that media says,and spend hours plugged to a tv,you should be grateful to those brave men and women that have bled and died for our freedom.would you? I’d choose them any day over a parasite that got kids like rabbits to be feed by the government,you don’t like it? You should pack your bags and return to your home countr

Comment

• Jabalin05
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Bubu
                              You’re upset because i expressed my point of view,you must be the type of person that believes all that media says,and spend hours plugged to a tv,you should be grateful to those brave men and women that have bled and died for our freedom.would you? I’d choose them any day over a parasite that got kids like rabbits to be feed by the government,you don’t like it? You should pack your bags and return to your home countr
                              And by the way I’ve been waiting over three years,ten years in the states,crossed the border legally,worked my ass off in the farms,I do volunteer in my community,i earned a GED,I’ve tried to enlist in the military,I’m currently attending college,I’m also a husband and parent,never been on welfare,you want to preach me what?

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...