Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2016 Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2016 Calculation

Friends, I am from January, 26, 2016. Can anybody calculate, when will I recieve DA and final U visa? In 2023 or 2024? Fiscal or calendar year? And which quarter? Few people here had been very good with calculations. I really hope for some feedback.

It's hard to calculate because there still people from August September and October 2014 waiting processing time moving very slow since May 2014 moved only 3 months ((

Comment

Originally posted by legend1979 View Post
      It's hard to calculate because there still people from August September and October 2014 waiting processing time moving very slow since May 2014 moved only 3 months ((
      Its harder to calculate the DA but the U visas are 10,000 a year guaranteed. When I applied there were 62,000 waiting from 2015 but to calculate how many are before me which applied in 2 quarters before me, I have to see the statistics for two first quarters of 2016. I wonder will it take 7 years to 2023 or 8 years to 2024. I have to scroll down the statistics for the 2015-2016 fiscal years to feagure out. Few applicants here who already got DA have this statistics at hand and able to calculate very quickly. Wish I could find that post. They said that DA for everyone comes 6 months or 1 year before final U visa. So seems like I have to wait for 6-7 years just for DA. But this is at least some hope. Hope the Bill to increase to 40,000 will pass as soon as possible. The waitlist is over 12 years for currently applying. And when I applied they said that Congress has an intention to completely remove waitlist so hopefully they can pass the bill so people would be getting the visa same or next year and there will be very few people on waitlist

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
        Its harder to calculate the DA but the U visas are 10,000 a year guaranteed. When I applied there were 62,000 waiting from 2015 but to calculate how many are before me which applied in 2 quarters before me, I have to see the statistics for two first quarters of 2016. I wonder will it take 7 years to 2023 or 8 years to 2024. I have to scroll down the statistics for the 2015-2016 fiscal years to feagure out. Few applicants here who already got DA have this statistics at hand and able to calculate very quickly. Wish I could find that post. They said that DA for everyone comes 6 months or 1 year before final U visa. So seems like I have to wait for 6-7 years just for DA. But this is at least some hope. Hope the Bill to increase to 40,000 will pass as soon as possible. The waitlist is over 12 years for currently applying. And when I applied they said that Congress has an intention to completely remove waitlist so hopefully they can pass the bill so people would be getting the visa same or next year and there will be very few people on waitlist
        I applied in June 14th 2014 and received DA in July 2016 and I am still awaiting for Final U visa. USCIS has cleared case for DA till Oct. 2014 I believe anyone applied after June 2014 some of them are still awaiting their DA. I believe the present wait time for DA may be 3 years or more and then couple of years of wait for Final U visa. Sorry, I did not mean to discourage you. but this is the fact till they do not increase the quota from 10,000 to 40,000.

Comment

Your prognosis is very optimistic and thank you. I suppose DA in 3 years is for those who applied in 2014. I applied 2 years ago, if I got DA in 1 year and a half from now and even in 2 years from now, that would be a miracle. I think if they increase Cap to 40,000, it will immediately rise the economy because over 100,000 people will get work permits, start working and paying taxes, open businesses, increase spending.
          Last edited by January2016; 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X