Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2014

Anyone from July 2014 receive any news? I got DA on Oct/2016 and heard nothing since

Originally posted by THExNEWxGUY View Post
    Anyone from July 2014 receive any news? I got DA on Oct/2016 and heard nothing since
    Hi i saw few final approval of U visa to people applied in May 2014. th elate know clear case per my knowledge is of May 14th 2014. I am from June 14th 2014, I just spoke with my attorney and according to him people from June and July may receive their final U visa this quarter. remember USCIS has implemented Staggering of Visa since 2017. they roll out 3000 visas every quarter. and we have just started second quarter and we should get some news this quarter.

Comment

When would I get my final U-Visa I am from July 2014

When do you think I’ll get my Fina U-Visa? I am from July 14, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Alma94303 View Post
        Alma I just got my U visa on Jan 4th 2014, I had applied on June 14th 2014, exactly a month from you. you should be receiving your visa either in Feb or March end, within this quarter. ( this is what i am hoping for )

Comment

Great! Thank you! And congrats finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

I am from July 22,2014. I received my u visa letter today . Letter date on 22 feb, 2014. You should be receiving very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vish View Post
              Alma I just got my U visa on Jan 4th 2014, I had applied on June 14th 2014, exactly a month from you. you should be receiving your visa either in Feb or March end, within this quarter. ( this is what i am hoping for )
              My husband and I applied on June 3rd 2014. Dec 2016 RFE. January 17th 2017 the requested documents were sent. USCIS misplaced our case (they filed it as June 2015) they recognized the mistake an issued another RFE on October 2017 (in error) Our attorney responded again with the documents that were unnecessary requested (they claimed that we entered illegaly and that we needed to apply for a waiver, but we have entered the country legally. We sent proof of entry again) We haven't heard from them since. 9 months we waited for a response from the first RFE, and now we have been waiting another 5 months for the second RFE.
              No DA, no work permit, no final u visa, and still waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by maviba View Post
                My husband and I applied on June 3rd 2014. Dec 2016 RFE. January 17th 2017 the requested documents were sent. USCIS misplaced our case (they filed it as June 2015) they recognized the mistake an issued another RFE on October 2017 (in error) Our attorney responded again with the documents that were unnecessary requested (they claimed that we entered illegaly and that we needed to apply for a waiver, but we have entered the country legally. We sent proof of entry again) We haven't heard from them since. 9 months we waited for a response from the first RFE, and now we have been waiting another 5 months for the second RFE.
                No DA, no work permit, no final u visa, and still waiting...
                You can make info pass and talk to the uscis people. After having your meeting with uscis office, they will say they will reply you within 3 weeks of time to your lawyer of what’s going on with your case. They ll give you a paper and let you write what questions you have with your u visa. They won’t gonna answer your question, coz their system can’t access any u visa from VSC or NSC system. Once you complete your question, they ll forward it to VSC or NSC and might b you ll get reply soon.
                That’s the way you can push forward your file.

Comment

Originally posted by nayan12 View Post
                  You can make info pass and talk to the uscis people. After having your meeting with uscis office, they will say they will reply you within 3 weeks of time to your lawyer of what’s going on with your case. They ll give you a paper and let you write what questions you have with your u visa. They won’t gonna answer your question, coz their system can’t access any u visa from VSC or NSC system. Once you complete your question, they ll forward it to VSC or NSC and might b you ll get reply soon.
                  That’s the way you can push forward your file.
                  Thank you for your advice, but we have already done two info passes. One of them helped us to discover that they have commited the first error. The second one didn't make any difference.
                  Last month we sent a request to expedite our case (they made two mistakes, and our situation is very delicate. The guy that we sent to jail is out on house arrest, he knows our address, and he lives 0.8 miles from our home). We cannot move out, we do not have the money, nor the work permits to get better jobs.
                  We are tired of waiting.

Comment

Did you receive Work authorization with the letter? Or just the approval letter?

Comment

Did you receive Work authorization with the letter? Or just the approval letter?
                      I only received the letter of U visa approval. I am still waiting for the work authorization with I 94.
                      Do we have to file separate for EAD or everyone will get EAD for 4 years along with u visa approval?

Comment

Originally posted by nayan12 View Post
                        I only received the letter of U visa approval. I am still waiting for the work authorization with I 94.
                        Do we have to file separate for EAD or everyone will get EAD for 4 years along with u visa approval?
                        You do not need to apply for EAD since your U visa is approve you will get your 4 year valid EAD under A-19

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay View Post
                          You do not need to apply for EAD since your U visa is approve you will get your 4 year valid EAD under A-19

Good Luck
                          I also thought that EAD comes with u visa letter. I call my lawyer today. She said she received my EAD under A19 category at her office. She is going to mail me tomorrow.
                          Good luck to all who have been waiting their U visa for so long. I pray that everyone will get it soon.

Comment

That’s weird that i only received the 4-year EAD but not the approval letter. Hopefully I get it this week or next week.

Comment

Working...
                            X