Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving Before Getting DA/ Visa U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Before Getting DA/ Visa U

Do you know what happens if one leaves the country before getting the visa? Why I see some people waiting from outside the US?

I think I'll leave the US but would hate to lose my chance. Can I leave and when the visa is available apply on my home country?

I can't wait anymore... can't work and support my family :-(

Originally posted by MorningPerson View Post
    Do you know what happens if one leaves the country before getting the visa? Why I see some people waiting from outside the US?

I think I'll leave the US but would hate to lose my chance. Can I leave and when the visa is available apply on my home country?

I can't wait anymore... can't work and support my family :-(
    Whats your date of application? If you go, you will be stuck abroad for many years, when DA is ready you can request Humanitarian Parole on case by case basis but the processing time is more then 1 year and the approval rate is about 50%. Most likely, you will be able to return to the U.S. only when the actual U visa becomes available. When visa is approved you bring approval notice to consulate, pass short interview and get visa in couple days. Try to go to the church. They will give a free place to live and free food. Its better to wait inside the U.S.

Comment

I remember one of our guy faced the situation and came back successfully, but it is not suggestible to go without something in hand but if circumstances don’t permit than what can be done!!

Comment

Think before you leap!!!

Comment

Working...
        X