Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H. R. 4145

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H. R. 4145

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/4145

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/h...15hr4145ih.pdf
    Last edited by koir; 11-02-2017, 07:00 PM.
    U-VISA applied in late July of 2014
    USCIS received my case on 08-05-2014
    Biometric was taken in mid September of 2014

A...L...O...N...G...T...I...M...E...W...A...I...T. ..I...N...G

NSC Transfer 11-29-2016
    Deferred Action 04-20-2017
    DA EAD Production 08-29-2017
    Formal Approval with I-94 05-15-2018

Jesus Christ, U Visa Cap is increased by Congress from 10,000 to 40,000 as of October, 26, 2017? Congratulations everyone!!!!!! Is this real? This is not a joke? This document is real? Wow, so everyone is getting a U Visa in a few months? Wow!!!! Hope this document is real. If yes, thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
      Jesus Christ, U Visa Cap is increased by Congress from 10,000 to 40,000 as of October, 26, 2017? Congratulations everyone!!!!!! Is this real? This is not a joke? This document is real? Wow, so everyone is getting a U Visa in a few months? Wow!!!! Hope this document is real. If yes, thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!

Its a bill someone wrote with the intention of increasing However, it is yet to be voted and there is a Huge process until it becames law.

Many other bills have been placed for vote and consideration but usually we need strong government folks.

I wish it would pass but it is unlikely. They can sometime include parts of Immigration's benefits category under a bigger bill that changes other topics. This one is solely U visa, unlikely to get attention.

Comment

Bill is a proposal to become law but read it says in present tense: IS amended from 10,000 to 40,000. If it was proposal it would say to BE amended. But it says IS amended.

Comment

Can anybody explain in lenth??? What is this ? Pls continue this thread!!

Comment

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr4145
            This bill was just introduced on oct 26, 2017 and it has not passed house and senator yet and finally it has to be signed by president to make it valid.
            It’s in the process

Comment

“This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase from 10,000 to 40,000 the number of U visas (children who have been granted special immigrant status as a victim of criminal activity) that may be issued in a fiscal year”

WHY this say “..children who have been granted...bla bla bla....!!” Can any body explain.

Comment

Last time they untroduced a bill to increase U Visa Cap from 10,000 to 15,000. It passed House but didnt pass Senate and I think one of the reasons for this could be that it is meaningless to do so much paperwork because of just additional 5,000. This time they suggested a better bill proposing the real change from 10,000 to 40,000 according to the realities of today's applications of 35,000 a year. The fact that they suggested 40,000 is a very good sign. The news from 2 years ago when I applied said that the Congress had an intention for the future to completely remove waitlist so that people would get a U Visa as soon as their petition is approved. I think this is the first step to make this happen. We dont know will this bill pass the House and Senate but the fact that they introduced the bill proposing 40,000 a year is already a very good sign. We need to stay positive and optimistic because only this way we can win.
                Last edited by January2016; 11-05-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

That is really knowledgeable!!

Comment

If the process goes through without interruption Committee and House and then Senate it will roughly take 2 years. according to my Government class teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Adelio View Post
                      If the process goes through without interruption Committee and House and then Senate it will roughly take 2 years. according to my Government class teacher.
                      H.R. 4145 - PROTECT VICTIMS OF CRIME ACT

Latest action:-House - 11/17/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Securit.

Comment

Is this the latest about it??

Comment

Working...
                        X