Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military

Does anybody know if it’s possible join the military while on DA or U visa? I spoke personally with a navy recruiter back in 2013 without status she had me fill out paperwork,I even did
    ASVAB,which is the test that recruits have to pass in order to enlist,but while filling out paperwork when I got to the social security number spot it turns out I got one but my former employer never sent it to me by mail as he claims,however she asked me to get it in the social security office and she said literally this “with that and your foreign passport I can get you in” sadly they denied my request for a new social due to lack of status

Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
    Does anybody know if it’s possible join the military while on DA or U visa? I spoke personally with a navy recruiter back in 2013 without status she had me fill out paperwork,I even did
    ASVAB,which is the test that recruits have to pass in order to enlist,but while filling out paperwork when I got to the social security number spot it turns out I got one but my former employer never sent it to me by mail as he claims,however she asked me to get it in the social security office and she said literally this “with that and your foreign passport I can get you in” sadly they denied my request for a new social due to lack of status
    I went there last time, they said once you get approved of u visa, then you can come back to join it

Comment

Originally posted by nayan12 View Post
      I went there last time, they said once you get approved of u visa, then you can come back to join it
      Which branch did you try? Are you on DA?

Comment

Which branch did you try? Are you on DA?
        Yes I am on DA. I went to Irving, Texas. I went there on 2015. They told me come after you get approved of u visa coz I lost my status
        Where did you try it?

Comment

Nayan12 u lost ur status ? U didn't get ur u visa?

Comment

Hi everyone, please keep this thread going and keep us informed.

I am a commercial pilot airplane and flight instructor and wish to join USAF once I get U visa.

I lost status as well and all I have now is Pending U app. Applied May 22nd 2015.

Comment

I lost status on 2013 August and apply I u visa on July 2014. I went there to talk to them 2015 with the pending application but they told me you have to have last two year legal status in US either F1 or some visa. I told them I have pending application u visa but they told me you can still come back only after you get your U visa. Well that’s why I am waiting for my final approval to back.

Comment

From 2016 they stopped taking non-immigrants to Military.
                Non-immigrant or Immigrants can't clear secret clearance so they have to work below a level and it has only 8,000 jobs which would be covered by Immigrants GC holders.
                one of my friend joined in Sep 2015 it was last batch it seems.
                I saw still NAVY does seminars in schools & universities for recruitment but not open recruit like before.
                (above information is not completely verified statements as per knowledge )

Comment

Yes I am on DA. I went to Irving, Texas. I went there on 2015. They told me come after you get approved of u visa coz I lost my status
                  Where did you try it?
                  I spoke with navy recruiter,navy is the only branch that will let you serve under DA,I talked to all of them and their answer was no,Army,USAF,National G,marines,even coast guard require you to be a green card holder

Comment

Originally posted by may2016 View Post
                    Hi everyone, please keep this thread going and keep us informed.

I am a commercial pilot airplane and flight instructor and wish to join USAF once I get U visa.

I lost status as well and all I have now is Pending U app. Applied May 22nd 2015.
                    Even as enlisted you have to be a green card holder though,and even harder to become an officer you must be citizen,same with special ops,I’ve been trying to enlist the military since 2009 and just recently I’ll be able to get a green card so I can go for aeromedical service,you should try navy aviation,their regulation are less stricted,in the USAF when you have dual citizenship they make you to give up your first one

Comment

Even as enlisted you have to be a green card holder though,and even harder to become an officer you must be citizen,same with special ops,I’ve been trying to enlist the military since 2009 and just recently I’ll be able to get a green card so I can go for aeromedical service,you should try navy aviation,their regulation are less stricted,in the USAF when you have dual citizenship they make you to give up your first one
                      Aerospace medical service I meant,I’m happy I’m not the only crazy immigrant trying to volunteer for the service,I wish there were more brave people like you gentlemen so some people would stop to stereotype and target us as criminals,good luck may2016 hope everything works out for you and you’ll be dropping bombs to the bad guys in a future

Comment

I spoke with navy recruiter,navy is the only branch that will let you serve under DA,I talked to all of them and their answer was no,Army,USAF,National G,marines,even coast guard require you to be a green card holder
                        When did you talk to them?
                        So you think Navy can recruit DA holding person?

Comment

When did you talk to them?
                          So you think Navy can recruit DA holding person?
                          I spoke to them back in june 2013,but I’m sure if you contact them they will work things out even if you’re on DA,came into the states with a temporary work visa,and expired in 07’ even with no status at all she had me fill out paperwork but the social security number was the damn issue,I got one but my former employer back then never sent it through the mail like he said he would,otherwise I would have been enlisted since summer 13’ and by now I would had been at least petty officer first class or master chief and I wouldn’t have to deal with U visa,damn bastard i worked for ****ed me over man;I would ask though, worst thing that could happen is they saying no,go for it,after four years of active duty you can become a citizen

Comment

Working...
                          X