Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U Visa delayed bcos of DACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Visa delayed bcos of DACA

Friends, someone wrote on this forum that in 1 year they processed 1 million DACA applications. While U Visa adjudication was almost completely stopped from 2014 to 2016 and moved only 1 month in 2 years, from May, 7th 2014 to June, 9th 2014. A 1 month movement in 2 years. Only after Nebraska was added we see some slow but at least movement. DACA applicants have not suffered like us. Didnt loose legs or have broken bones. So why they are given priority and adjudicate so fast and terribly suffering U Visa applicants have been forgotten for 2 years. If they reauthorize DACA again, will our adjudication freeze again? They have to hire more people to adjudicate the petitions. In 1 year they approved 1 million DACA petitions. And U Visa has only 110,000 petitions pending (150,000 with family) That means they could have placed on DA all U Visa applicants in just 1 or 2 months.
    Last edited by January2016; 10-28-2017, 03:17 PM.

Good point,thats why i believe this may be intentional.
    Last edited by Shelly; 10-28-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
      Good point,thats why i beleieve this may be intentional.
      I dont think thats intentional, they simply dont have enough officers for adjudicating the petitions. Because a sudden work load with DACA appeared, but the amount of officers is same, they had to slow down on other petitions to be able to adjudicate DACA fast. DACA has 1 million petitions and we have 110,000. They could adjudicate the suffering people first and then adjudicate DACA because DACA applicants have not been victimized like us and are not desperately in need of immediate help like us. DACA is adjudicated in a few months while we are stuck for 4 years. If they processed 1 million DACA petitions in 1 year, that means they have the physical capacity to place all 110,000 U Visa applicants on DA in 2 months but they choose not to do it. They should place all 110,000 U Visa applicants on DA in 2 months because as we saw they have a physical capacity to do so and stop people from suffering.
      Last edited by January2016; 10-28-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
        Friends, someone wrote on this forum that in 1 year they processed 1 million DACA applications. While U Visa adjudication was almost completely stopped from 2014 to 2016 and moved only 1 month in 2 years, from May, 7th 2014 to June, 9th 2014. A 1 month movement in 2 years. Only after Nebraska was added we see some slow but at least movement. DACA applicants have not suffered like us. Didnt loose legs or have broken bones. So why they are given priority and adjudicate so fast and terribly suffering U Visa applicants have been forgotten for 2 years. If they reauthorize DACA again, will our adjudication freeze again? They have to hire more people to adjudicate the petitions. In 1 year they approved 1 million DACA petitions. And U Visa has only 110,000 petitions pending (150,000 with family) That means they could have placed on DA all U Visa applicants in just 1 or 2 months.
        I don't know the reasons but I got my DA in April 2015 (April 2014 applicant) and I was the one who wrote about this somewhere in this forum about the gap in issuing the DA. I never said it was because of DACA.
        I was few of the lucky people who got few of the last DA approvals back in 2015.
        What ever happened was not good for U visa applicants and wait drives everyone crazy. But I'm glad at the same time U visa gives us a chance to get our life together and come out of the shadow.

And for DACA you already know they are done. Trump already AXED it and more likely nothing will happen to them as getting back in status.
        This country is going down the hill ever since we got the new president.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
        Application Date - April 14 2014
        DA EAD - April 10 2015
        2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
        2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
        I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
          I dont think thats intentional, they simply dont have enough officers for adjudicating the petitions. Because a sudden work load with DACA appeared, but the amount of officers is same, they had to slow down on other petitions to be able to adjudicate DACA fast. DACA has 1 million petitions and we have 110,000. They could adjudicate the suffering people first and then adjudicate DACA because DACA applicants have not been victimized like us and are not desperately in need of immediate help like us. DACA is adjudicated in a few months while we are stuck for 4 years. If they processed 1 million DACA petitions in 1 year, that means they have the physical capacity to place all 110,000 U Visa applicants on DA in 2 months but they choose not to do it. They should place all 110,000 U Visa applicants on DA in 2 months because as we saw they have a physical capacity to do so and stop people from suffering.
          I know/saw a old video of Vermont service center has 800+ officers. Now U visa petition is exclusively get adjudicated at VSC and DACA on other hand could had been done at any USCIS service center and it depended on the address where you lived.
          -------------------------
          Where to Fill,
          Where you file depends on your state of residence; check our Filing Addresses for Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals for the correct mailing address.

I'm sure thousands of Daca applications went to VSC as well but that is not the real reason behind the GAP of issuing DA waitlist delay. I also want to know what happened and why it was stopped for all most nearly 2 years. And how do we know this won't happen again in near future.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

I might be wrong but fiscal year 2014 and fiscal year 2015 had all most 7000 denials combined. So may be some cases were pending for long time and officers were getting RFE's or some other internal inquiries on those cases and Could be those denials were the reason as well for not issuing more DA waitlist as denials don't count in the 20000 approval limit (2 years).
            These two years had more denials combined as compared to few years before and few years after.
            For example last year (fiscal year 2017 from 1st Oct 2016- Sep 2017) VSC only denied 1500 cases and year before that only 1850.

Here is the link

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...y2017_qtr3.pdf

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Here is a report of the VAWA, T & U officers sent by VSC to Congress. It has lot of useful information how they train staff and a lot of statistics.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ice-center.pdf

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

It makes a lot of sense,since DACA has been canceled the rest of the petitions have been processed a lot faster,it took only three weeks after they receive AOS package for USCIS to give me an appointment for biometrics through AOS,when usually takes over a month,and am positive by April or May I’ll have a green card,when it used to take at least a year to get it,that’s awesome!!! I feel sorry for those kids but I know some of them can’t even keep jobs for longer than two months

Comment

Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
                  I don't know the reasons but I got my DA in April 2015 (April 2014 applicant) and I was the one who wrote about this somewhere in this forum about the gap in issuing the DA. I never said it was because of DACA.
                  I was few of the lucky people who got few of the last DA approvals back in 2015.
                  What ever happened was not good for U visa applicants and wait drives everyone crazy. But I'm glad at the same time U visa gives us a chance to get our life together and come out of the shadow.

And for DACA you already know they are done. Trump already AXED it and more likely nothing will happen to them as getting back in status.
                  This country is going down the hill ever since we got the new president.
                  There was a girl on this forum who wrote that they adjudicated 1 million DACA petitions in 1 year. Thats all I meant. Its bcos of DACA its my conclusion. Wow 800 officers in Vermont. And they wrote that officers assigned to adjudicate U Visa is about 20 officers only. Well we understand that family of citizens are given more priority. But still it is unclear why not urgent DACA is adjudicated faster then victimized people. DACA has been ended by now but it can be reauthorized and it could also become a law by congress because they are talki g about it, read American Immigration Lawyers Association news. Www.aila.org They have all U.S. immigration news updated in 1 page at 1 website. You can just read the headlines if no time to read all and you can stay up to date with daily immigration news. Very lucky to get DA in 1 year, happy for you. People who apply today are gonna wait for 11 years just for DA. U Visa Cap has to be increased. Or they should at least place every one on DA within a few months so that the victimized people can start to repair their life

Comment

I don't think anythanything to do whit DACA b cuz u visa only 10k a year there like 100k people apply in last 2 year if they don't increase the cap it's not gonna move any faster

Comment

Originally posted by legend1979 View Post
                      I don't think anythanything to do whit DACA b cuz u visa only 10k a year there like 100k people apply in last 2 year if they don't increase the cap it's not gonna move any faster
                      We are not talking about delayed final U Visa bcos of DACA. Everyone knows Cap is set by Congress, its a law by Congress and not regulated by USCIS and cant be changed or improved by USCIS. But we are talking about adjudication of Deffered Action which depends on USCIS only and not the Congress and USCIS has the capacity to adjudicate our all 110,000 petitions in 2 months because when DACA appeared in 2012, U Visa almost stopped and they adjudicated 1 million DACAs in 1 year that means they are capable to place us all 110,000 petitioners on DA in a matter of 2 months if when U Visa almost stopped they adjudicated 1 million DACAs in 1 year. They are talking about new DACA with eaoer rules then many millions of people more will be aligible, they all USCIS will be again busy with that and how about us who have been victimized, suffering and waiting for many years. Read immigration news everything is there. They are talking about new DACA and may exclude a U.S. education requirement, only need 3 years of work experience. If they do this one, how many peolle are going to apply. And this is unfair why some people are suffering for years anx following the due immigration process for many years but DACA who dont follow any due immigration process will get Green Card so fast. Why they have to be put before us and given priority. Immigration law and law should be same for everyone. No one in above the law. Its written in our constitution.
                      Last edited by January2016; 10-29-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Ur right maybe move little more faster but still gonna be long wait I wait 3 years 2 month thanks got I got I'm on waiting list I'm from August 2014 just got my DA last month applied for work permit 4 5 month's for work authorization

Comment

Ur right maybe move little more faster but still gonna be long wait I wait 3 years 2 month thanks got I got I'm on waiting list I'm from August 2014 just got my DA last month applied for work permit 4 5 month's for work authorization
                          Congratulations, I am very happy for you, yes, I have been reading how much you were waiting forDA and always ask on forum about approvals, I was really happy to see that you finally got DA. Hope your work permit comes soon.

Comment

Ur right maybe move little more faster but still gnna be long wait I wait 3 years 2 month thanks got I got I'm on waiting list I'm from August 2014 just got my DA last month applied for work permit 4 5 month's for work authorization
                            Congrats!!!

Comment

Thank u I wish every one gets aprovapprove in 1 year but it's mess up b cuz of cap

Comment

Working...
                              X