Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advise on DA/EAD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advise on DA/EAD.

Hello Everyone,

Got some questions for experienced applicants, if someone can guide on these questions that would be great.

1) Can U applicant apply EAD under (C)14 if U I-918 is still pending?
    If "YES" Which Service Center and what documents need to be submitted? with I-765 & worksheet.

2) How can an applicant apply EAD self under (C)14 without G-28 from the attorney? without approved DA.

3) If a Principal applicant gets DA will Derivative also get DA? same time or derivative needs to wait till U becomes available.

4) How to Withdraw Attorney's G-28 and become self Representative on the Case and make future contact from USCIS directly to the applicant.

Originally posted by you.visa View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Got some questions for experienced applicants, if someone can guide on these questions that would be great.

1) Can U applicant apply EAD under (C)14 if U I-918 is still pending?
    If "YES" Which Service Center and what documents need to be submitted? with I-765 & worksheet.

2) How can an applicant apply EAD self under (C)14 without G-28 from the attorney? without approved DA.

3) If a Principal applicant gets DA will Derivative also get DA? same time or derivative needs to wait till U becomes available.

4) How to Withdraw Attorney's G-28 and become self Representative on the Case and make future contact from USCIS directly to the applicant.
    Hi,

Yes, U visa applicant can apply EAD under C-14 while your case is pending, If you have not received your case transferred letter then you need to send your new I-765 under C-14 at Vermont Service Center along with your current valid photo ID ( Passport copy or USA License Copy) , 2 Passport Photographs, I -765 and I-765WS , Copy of I-797C Notice of Action, Form I-912 (Fee Waiver request or you can write a letter for fee Waiver and explain your Income & expense, send copy of any unpaid bills if you have ), Write a letter to VSC that you wish to voluntary withdraw attorney service with effective date and request them to send all further communication directly to you. Also send a letter to attorney and inform that you have voluntary withdraw his/her service and ask for copy of all previous communication with USCIS .

You can do for your derivative as well by following above documents as well and send the principal & derivative documents together to VSC.

Good Luck

Ajay

Comment

Thanks Ajay, appreciate your response.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai
        Thanks Ajay for the information. But what if a case transfer notice has been indicated on the online status but yet to receive a letter to that effect? Do u still recommend to file the EAD for DA. And besides, i need to get all the copies of the documents filed by my previous attorney....Thanks
        Dear Shai,

If your online case status indicate that your case is transfer to Nebraska Service Center then its positive sign and you will get some good news within 6 months, NSC is working fast then VSC & yes If you wish to save your time for get EAD then I suggest apply I-765 under C-14 at NSC, & you do not need to wait actual transfer letter from USCIS, The letter they sent to your Attorney.

Good Luck !

Ajay

Comment

information

Originally posted by Ajay View Post
          Dear Shai,

If your online case status indicate that your case is transfer to Nebraska Service Center then its positive sign and you will get some good news within 6 months, NSC is working fast then VSC & yes If you wish to save your time for get EAD then I suggest apply I-765 under C-14 at NSC, & you do not need to wait actual transfer letter from USCIS, The letter they sent to your Attorney.

Good Luck !

Ajay
          Dear Ajaybhai,

I applied April 2014. I got EAD after 1 years which April 2015 for 2 yeas validate. after 2 years my EAD expired and I got another 2 years EAD renewal. When I am going to get approval? My case still in VSC. my attorney said just wait. any idea?

Nikin Shah

Comment

@Nikin Shah

You are almost there, they are issuing FY-2018 quotas now.
            U-VISA applied in late July of 2014
            USCIS received my case on 08-05-2014
            Biometric was taken in mid September of 2014

A...L...O...N...G...T...I...M...E...W...A...I...T. ..I...N...G

NSC Transfer 11-29-2016
            Deferred Action 04-20-2017
            DA EAD Production 08-29-2017
            Formal Approval with I-94 05-15-2018

Comment

Originally posted by Nikin_shah View Post
              Dear Ajaybhai,

I applied April 2014. I got EAD after 1 years which April 2015 for 2 yeas validate. after 2 years my EAD expired and I got another 2 years EAD renewal. When I am going to get approval? My case still in VSC. my attorney said just wait. any idea?

Nikin Shah
              Dear Nikin Shah,

You will get good news with final U Visa approval very soon or any moment from now,They start the issue 2018 quota.

Good Luck !

Ajay

Comment

Originally posted by Nikin_shah View Post
                Dear Ajaybhai,

Nikin Shah
                You should be getting approval any time soon.
                We have same time line and I got approval letter and EAD 2 weeks ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
                Application Date - April 14 2014
                DA EAD - April 10 2015
                2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
                2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
                I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Uscis cashed my money two days ago for I-765 C(14).

I guess my case accepted now.

How long time its take for receipt notice now ?

Comment

When did u send ur aplication?

Comment

October 17 2017

Comment

Mine took 45 days to receive receipt notice

Comment

I will update when i receive my receipt notice.

Comment

What's ur date.?

Comment

I applied for renewal C14 EAD back in 16th Dec 2016 and Received receipt after 40 days. But my receipt date was Jan first week in 2017.

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
                              Application Date - April 14 2014
                              DA EAD - April 10 2015
                              2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
                              2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
                              I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X