Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approval Letter Received

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Approval Letter Received

    Hello Everyone my husband rcvd an approval letter yesterday, the letter says that for i-765 has been approved and he will rcvd his work permit in a couple of weeks.
    Here is our time line:
    Application rcvd: 7/25/2014
    Biom: 8/15/2014
    RFE: 01/2017 they wanted statements of people, I requested medical records from when he was hospitalized, also they wanted the inadmissibility form to be filed, we sent the packet on March 20 2017 to be rcvd March 25, 2017.
    Married myhusband: 4/1/2017
    Filed i-130 petition rcvd date: 4/10/2017
    Rcvd notice of action yesterday saying he will get his work permit.

    I decided to file i-130 for my husband b/c U visa was obviously taking too long, I am not sure if filing for him will affect the U visa. But we hope it will move a lot quick.
    Does any one have any one have any comments?

  • #2
    [QUOTE=kar0320;6522]Hello Everyone my husband rcvd an approval letter yesterday, the letter says that for i-765 has been approved and he will rcvd his work permit in a couple of weeks.
    Here is our time line:
    Application rcvd: 7/25/2014
    Biom: 8/15/2014
    RFE: 01/2017 they wanted statements of people, I requested medical records from when he was hospitalized, also they wanted the inadmissibility form to be filed, we sent the packet on March 20 2017 to be rcvd March 25, 2017.
    Married myhusband: 4/1/2017
    Filed i-130 petition rcvd date: 4/10/2017
    Rcvd notice of action yesterday saying he will get his work permit.

    I decided to file i-130 for my husband b/c U visa was obviously taking too long, I am not sure if filing for him will affect the U visa. But we hope it will move a lot quick.
    Does any one have any one have any comments?[/QUOTE. U visa it has nothing to do with AOS,my wife recently filed it for me,our attorney gave us green light,I’ll be able to get EAD In January,usually takes three months to receive it;and the GC arrives within a year,I’ve given up on U visa but I still going to see what happens so I can help others no to get in trouble,you should’ve sent everything at once because it’s quicker but if you have I-130 approved you guys are good,I’d tell you good luck but you won’t need it AOS is the sure thing and your husband won’t have to **** around with U visa no more,congrats!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
      Hello Everyone my husband rcvd an approval letter yesterday, the letter says that for i-765 has been approved and he will rcvd his work permit in a couple of weeks.
      Here is our time line:
      Application rcvd: 7/25/2014
      Biom: 8/15/2014
      RFE: 01/2017 they wanted statements of people, I requested medical records from when he was hospitalized, also they wanted the inadmissibility form to be filed, we sent the packet on March 20 2017 to be rcvd March 25, 2017.
      Married myhusband: 4/1/2017
      Filed i-130 petition rcvd date: 4/10/2017
      Rcvd notice of action yesterday saying he will get his work permit.

      I decided to file i-130 for my husband b/c U visa was obviously taking too long, I am not sure if filing for him will affect the U visa. But we hope it will move a lot quick.
      Does any one have any one have any comments?
      If you haven’t filed I-130 good,send it all at once...I-130 and i-198,it’s a lot of money but it’ll be quicker i promise,and you guys would be saving tons of money if you fill out the forms yourselves,my wife didn’t even ask me she just gathered all the paperwork and went ahead and hired a lawyer,by the time I wanted to say something she had a contract signed,women would do anything to keep us outta trouble,and with Trump the best bet is to file AOS because he might end up terminating U visa program and selecting “qualified people” to get green cards like he has been saying

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
        If you haven’t filed I-130 good,send it all at once...I-130 and i-198,it’s a lot of money but it’ll be quicker i promise,and you guys would be saving tons of money if you fill out the forms yourselves,my wife didn’t even ask me she just gathered all the paperwork and went ahead and hired a lawyer,by the time I wanted to say something she had a contract signed,women would do anything to keep us outta trouble,and with Trump the best bet is to file AOS because he might end up terminating U visa program and selecting “qualified people” to get green cards like he has been saying
        I did file the i-130 alone is been 6 six months since i filed it we should be getting a response soon, and I been the one doing everything on my own, I was told when my husband gets his work permit and i-130 is approved i could file AOS.

        Does any know how long it takes to get the EAD card after we received the approval notice?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
          I did file the i-130 alone is been 6 six months since i filed it we should be getting a response soon, and I been the one doing everything on my own, I was told when my husband gets his work permit and i-130 is approved i could file AOS.

          Does any know how long it takes to get the EAD card after we received the approval notice?
          . Terrific!!!! I was adviced for two lawyers that is better to file it all together,and I also read it on line,has he attended his biometric appointment yet? AOS and U visa are two different deals,so he’ll have to show up to USCIS center again for them to take his fingerprints and picture,I haven’t attended mine through AOS but I’m positive it’ll be sometime right after thanksgiving,I was told USCIS cannot issue EAD’s without background check even if you’ve been once for another petition before.

          Comment


          • #6
            By the way I meant to say I-485 instead of I-198

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
              Hello Everyone my husband rcvd an approval letter yesterday, the letter says that for i-765 has been approved and he will rcvd his work permit in a couple of weeks.
              Here is our time line:
              Application rcvd: 7/25/2014
              Biom: 8/15/2014
              RFE: 01/2017 they wanted statements of people, I requested medical records from when he was hospitalized, also they wanted the inadmissibility form to be filed, we sent the packet on March 20 2017 to be rcvd March 25, 2017.
              Married myhusband: 4/1/2017
              Filed i-130 petition rcvd date: 4/10/2017
              Rcvd notice of action yesterday saying he will get his work permit.

              I decided to file i-130 for my husband b/c U visa was obviously taking too long, I am not sure if filing for him will affect the U visa. But we hope it will move a lot quick.
              Does any one have any one have any comments?
              Maybe im not making my self clear, my husband u visa was approved, he got his work permit throught U VISA. He received letter saying his work permit was approved n got his actual work permit 2 days later. Is good for 3 years

              Comment


              • #8
                Good for 3 years? Are you sure?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
                  Maybe im not making my self clear, my husband u visa was approved, he got his work permit throught U VISA. He received letter saying his work permit was approved n got his actual work permit 2 days later. Is good for 3 years
                  3 years??? Are you sure?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That’s odd,but it’s nicer instead of two years

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
                      Maybe im not making my self clear, my husband u visa was approved, he got his work permit throught U VISA. He received letter saying his work permit was approved n got his actual work permit 2 days later. Is good for 3 years
                      Loud and clear though,I was trying to give you a clue by asking if he has attended his new appointment for biometrics at USCIS center,but I forgot you haven’t filed AOS yet,in case you didn’t know the aforementioned petition includes work visa and advance parole,I don’t think you can get a time frame until you submit the whole thing,this is based on what I’ve heard from lawyers,and like I said before he has to show up for a new background check,and such letter cannot be sent to you until you complete the process,and like I said it’ll take a little longer for him to get a green card because you didn’t send the whole paperwork all at once,my case will be resolved in no longer than a year,and I know you fear for your husband but it was too soon for you make a move those people ain’t stupid,because they can even ask you what sexual position you like the most to him,they will make a little more complicated for you two

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kar0320 View Post
                        Hello Everyone my husband rcvd an approval letter yesterday, the letter says that for i-765 has been approved and he will rcvd his work permit in a couple of weeks.
                        Here is our time line:
                        Application rcvd: 7/25/2014
                        Biom: 8/15/2014
                        RFE: 01/2017 they wanted statements of people, I requested medical records from when he was hospitalized, also they wanted the inadmissibility form to be filed, we sent the packet on March 20 2017 to be rcvd March 25, 2017.
                        Married myhusband: 4/1/2017
                        Filed i-130 petition rcvd date: 4/10/2017
                        Rcvd notice of action yesterday saying he will get his work permit.

                        I decided to file i-130 for my husband b/c U visa was obviously taking too long, I am not sure if filing for him will affect the U visa. But we hope it will move a lot quick.
                        Does any one have any one have any comments?
                        -June 3rd 2014-Aplication receipt
                        -June 2014-Biometrics
                        -December 6th 2016- RFE
                        -January 17th 2017- USCIS received document requested.
                        -October 6th 2017-Our attorney talked to a USCIS official, and she told him USCIS placed our case as July 24th 2015 (big mistake)
                        -October 11th 2017- Vermont Service Center received an attorney letter asking to process our case as June 3rd 2014, the correct date.
                        We are still waiting.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by may2016 View Post
                          3 years??? Are you sure?
                          Yes! I am positive it says 3 years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just prepared I-765 & I-765 Worksheet last Friday with my attorney for deferred action (C)(14) category. It is going out to USCIS on monday.

                            My attorney told me now this category ead card will comes with 3 years expiration date.

                            So check your EAD card is for what category printed.

                            If A-19 category than final U visa approved but must need 4 year expiration.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
                              Loud and clear though,I was trying to give you a clue by asking if he has attended his new appointment for biometrics at USCIS center,but I forgot you haven’t filed AOS yet,in case you didn’t know the aforementioned petition includes work visa and advance parole,I don’t think you can get a time frame until you submit the whole thing,this is based on what I’ve heard from lawyers,and like I said before he has to show up for a new background check,and such letter cannot be sent to you until you complete the process,and like I said it’ll take a little longer for him to get a green card because you didn’t send the whole paperwork all at once,my case will be resolved in no longer than a year,and I know you fear for your husband but it was too soon for you make a move those people ain’t stupid,because they can even ask you what sexual position you like the most to him,they will make a little more complicated for you two
                              Yes I know it was too soon for me to make the move on filing the I-130 but I panic when we got RFE and I felt like maybe his case wasn't strong enough yeah he was victim of an assault but he didn't not have any follow up treatment, Yes he next step would be to file for advance parole and then we file for adjustment of status. The only thing I care about is that hopefully the advance parole get approved so that my husband can go back to his country and spend time with grandparents who are very old and are waiting to see him, I am ready for anything that immigration asks me I know that are our marriage is real and I got nothing to hide, U visa just took too long it us more than 3 years to get approved and we are lucky we didn't get put on the waiting list.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X