Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U VISA - travel - continuous presence for 3 yeAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U VISA - travel - continuous presence for 3 yeAR

i have to be continuous present for 3 year ( single trip shouldnt be more than 90days and total outside stay shouldnt be more thaqn 180 days). now question is]

if i travel for total 4 month ( each trip of 2 months)......does this 4 month wich is outside of usa....does this count towards 3 year of continuous presence??

or if i travel to india for 4 month - each trip of 1 month ...is it ok ?

DOES THIS BREAK CONT PRESENCE REQD FOR THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS/GC APPLICATION.?

KINDLY HELP .

Originally posted by ramram123 View Post
    i have to be continuous present for 3 year ( single trip shouldnt be more than 90days and total outside stay shouldnt be more thaqn 180 days). now question is]

if i travel for total 4 month ( each trip of 2 months)......does this 4 month wich is outside of usa....does this count towards 3 year of continuous presence??

or if i travel to india for 4 month - each trip of 1 month ...is it ok ?

DOES THIS BREAK CONT PRESENCE REQD FOR THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS/GC APPLICATION.?

KINDLY HELP .
    I think the time you file green card, the form will ask you Have you ever stay outside the USA for more than 90 days in one single trip And also, you shouldn’t exceed more than 180 days of your total trip Until you get Green card.

Comment

Originally posted by nayan12 View Post
      I think the time you file green card, the form will ask you Have you ever stay outside the USA for more than 90 days in one single trip And also, you shouldn’t exceed more than 180 days of your total trip Until you get Green card.
      ----------------

Thanks for the reply.....appriciated....

if i travel for 2 months to india then does this 2 months is counted towards my cont presence or do i have to wait 3 year and 2 months for this ?

and i also have U visa since 1 year...and recently i am geting married .....can i add spouse on my U visa.....

some says yes and some says no.....so lil confused....

some says earlier rule was u can not but recently it is changed and u can.....kindly help if u have any idea...thanks

Comment

Do you have a visa to re-enter US?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
        Application Date - April 14 2014
        DA EAD - April 10 2015
        2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
        2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
        I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
          Do you have a visa to re-enter US?

-----------

yes...when my visa was approved i was in india so visa stamping/ consular process is done for 4 year with multiple entry "M".

so on that basis i can re-enter usa.

Comment

U visa Travel

-----------

yes...when my visa was approved i was in india so visa stamping/ consular process is done for 4 year with multiple entry "M".

so on that basis i can re-enter usa.

while my U visa process is pending is there any way I can go to my country India still u visa will be processed or no???? i have given my finger prints in Nov-2016. My derivatives wife and daughter also given their finger prints in India. Iam still waiting for my EAD i just see on USICS website my case is properly Filed. Please help me any one got idea when can i expect my actual U visa. is there any chance i can travel to see my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky143 View Post
              while my U visa process is pending is there any way I can go to my country India still u visa will be processed or no???? i have given my finger prints in Nov-2016. My derivatives wife and daughter also given their finger prints in India. Iam still waiting for my EAD i just see on USICS website my case is properly Filed. Please help me any one got idea when can i expect my actual U visa. is there any chance i can travel to see my daughter.
              --------

i am not lawyer but from my research or exp i can say that if you travel to india and if u get the Deffred action then you may travel back on advance praole....advance parole rule is still not clear so you have to check with uscis and lawyer....

other way to enter is visitor visa or at the border yoy may ask for entry based on your pending u visa....again lawyer can guide you more on this,

for your wife and children they can try visitor visa to enter .....as i think right now 2014 or 2015 file is processing.....so any other visa yoy may try to enter the usa .......as this u visa may take long time....so you may check with lawyer for other options.,,,

i have given info based on my research or what i know......so may post your question on sound immigration forum or hoppock form or on avvo.

Thanks and good luck....hoping you resolve your visa issue soon for family reunion......

Comment

Thank You so much Ramram

--------

i am not lawyer but from my research or exp i can say that if you travel to india and if u get the Deffred action then you may travel back on advance praole....advance parole rule is still not clear so you have to check with uscis and lawyer....

other way to enter is visitor visa or at the border yoy may ask for entry based on your pending u visa....again lawyer can guide you more on this,

for your wife and children they can try visitor visa to enter .....as i think right now 2014 or 2015 file is processing.....so any other visa yoy may try to enter the usa .......as this u visa may take long time....so you may check with lawyer for other options.,,,

i have given info based on my research or what i know......so may post your question on sound immigration forum or hoppock form or on avvo.

Thanks and good luck....hoping you resolve your visa issue soon for family reunion......

Thanks a lot and appreciated for your reply Ram your words so mean to me.
                Keep in touch
                please update if you any news....
                Do you have any idea as per your experience when i can expect EAD please suggest me weather i can stay or leave to india.

Thanks

Comment

as i follow sound immigration forum and hoppock law form for u visa,,,,,right now still 2014 file is processing,,,,,so seems like it might take 1-2 year.......or more than that......

so u can try visitor visa for all your family member including you...if u leave for india.....

u can check for advance parole option.....but this is tricky and not clear.....

your family member can try student visa also but its costly way to maintain status...

whats ur cell number ?
                  mine is 917-476-5559

Comment

Working...
                  X