Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being detained matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does being detained matter?

Hi, just came across this forum and it's very informative.... Wish I'd have found it a long time ago... My wife is detained and had filed for the U-Visa, does the fact that she's detained make the process move along any faster? We can't do this for three years....

Thank you

You should talk to her lawyer if any,but I do not think it'd speed things up,they will probably release her,as long as she don't sign any papers she'll be ok,I wouldn't without seeing a judge,its her right.

Comment

My husband was in ice custody while appying for U visa.you can fight it with a good lawyer He was deported because the government said he can still return if granted the UVisa from abroad. But they give you the option to file and pay fees to ask to stay while waiting on approval , You have to file a stay of deportation. We decided on saving the money instead and letting him go back. He was approved for the visa and is now in the process to parole back in to the US.

Comment

Damn! Thanks for sharing though,I didn't think that could've been possible,what'd he do? Just trying to be cautious while am out there you know,definitely Trump is kicking as much people as he can,that sucks,hope your husband gets back real soon,id hate to go back to Mex for a traffick stop or something really silly

Comment

He had a prior deportation from 98. (He was 16 then and was a part of human traffacking in florida , he was a minor and had no family here) , this time 2015 he was arrested for no license and sent to ice custody we live in Dalton ,Ga. They love turning in illegals .. anyways bcause he had a prior deportation the govmt reinstated it. I wouldnt worry too much. We could have fought it , but its too much money to risk and still get deported. His lawyer called today to let me know they havent heard anything since he got DA , and that they think he should recieve the actual U visa this year ?? I think they actually expidited his case bcause he was deported. With RFE and everything he recieved DA exactly a year after applying.

Comment

Awesome! I've heard about GA,no different than Davison co. TN,no that I live there but I attended GED classes back in 10',freaking cops see you're Hispanic and they pull you over

Comment

Yes ! Its a sad situation.

Comment

Good luck to y'all,trump is freaking crazy,now everyone has to learn English in order to become permanent resident

Comment

I just got finished reading about that. My husband was in the US for 18 years. He can read write and speak english. I encourage all hispanics to learn the language because its one less thing they can use against you. I wish you guys all the luck ! Be Blessed.

Comment

Thanks,hopefully he won't win next election,which I doubt,he's telling all the racist people all they want to hear so you never know.

Comment

Working...
                    X