Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, does this qualify for a u visa - harrasment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, does this qualify for a u visa - harrasment

Hello, I wanted to have your opinions on whether my case is U VISA sufficient or not. I did go see two lawyers and one said I would have a hard time while the other said I should definitely try for it.

I went to USCIS in my hometown about two months ago and was very sexually Verbally and physically harassed (do not want to get into many details here) by the police officer inside USCIS. I filed a complaint with department of homeland security and with USCIS but they only reprimanded him

Do you think I have a chance of applying on my own?

Thank you so much!

I think you should have police report to apply for u visa.

Comment

Originally posted by lcvalado View Post
      Hello, I wanted to have your opinions on whether my case is U VISA sufficient or not. I did go see two lawyers and one said I would have a hard time while the other said I should definitely try for it.

I went to USCIS in my hometown about two months ago and was very sexually Verbally and physically harassed (do not want to get into many details here) by the police officer inside USCIS. I filed a complaint with department of homeland security and with USCIS but they only reprimanded him

Do you think I have a chance of applying on my own?

Thank you so much!
      I would check with more than one lawyer,don't make the same mistake I did,I let myself seduce for the idea,anyone out there will tell you what you want to hear just to take your money,I'm in a hell of a situation because my case didn't qualify and I'm about to face deportation if the motion to reopen my case get a denial again,according to the new government policies I over stayed my work visa and that make me deportable,I wish I didn't do it,I've already lost over $12,000

Comment

Correction,they haven't given denial to my motion to reopen before,basically I-290B is just buying me time though,I can't appeal,if you decide to go forward make sure that all the paperwork is being sent correctly and with all the supporting evidence if any,i still had to pay my greedy lawyer for his mistakes,legal assistance is not needed for this,i assume you speak and write English very well so you can fill out all the documents yourself,you'll be surprised by how much money you could save,if you got further questions email me,I'd like to help as many people as I can because nobody deserves to be kicked out for someone's greedy

Comment

If you don't have a police report you don't have a case. The USCIS require a I-918 supplement B signed by the agency who conducted the investigation (local police an/or prosecutor) to start a U Visa, if you didn't have the police involved you will not be able to produce the required documentation to file.

Comment

Working...
          X