Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story

Ok here we go...some of you might know me.
    I might answer lot of ppl questions here.

I-918 applied : Jan 14 2014 (receipt)
    Biometrics : Feb 5th 2014
    DA : Jan 9th 2015
    I-765 c14 applied : Jan 12th 2015
    I-765 c14 approved : April 8th 2015
    I-765 c14 renewal applied : Jan 10th 2017
    May 12th 2017 : I-192 denied (status update)
    May 16th 2017 : I-918 U visa approved (received approval notice)
    May 18th 2017 : Received 4 years EAD.
    May 20th 2017 : Got leave sanctioned from work.
    May 26th 2017 : Departed US (trip to india)
    June 6th 2017 : Consular Biometrics (New delhi consulate, india)
    June 7th 2017 : Consular Interview ( 10 mins No questions asked - Approved)
    June 12th 2017 : Received Passport with U1 visa stamp for 4 years.
    June 16th 2017 : Departed India
    June 17th 2017 : Reached US - Chicago ( No question asked at POE ) same day resumed work.
    ---Waiting for my 3 years to complete so i can apply for my Green card but in between i can travel to india as i have visa with multiple entries.

Just dont lose the hope.

Wow, glad to hear that. Congrats man, I would do the the same if I ever get my U visa.
    U visa Application date: March 10, 2015
    Biomatrics Done: April 20, 2015
    RFE August 09, 2018
    Waiting for DA.

Comment

Originally posted by krismatters View Post
      Ok here we go...some of you might know me.
      I might answer lot of ppl questions here.

I-918 applied : Jan 14 2014 (receipt)
      Biometrics : Feb 5th 2014
      DA : Jan 9th 2015
      I-765 c14 applied : Jan 12th 2015
      I-765 c14 approved : April 8th 2015
      I-765 c14 renewal applied : Jan 10th 2017
      May 12th 2017 : I-192 denied (status update)
      May 16th 2017 : I-918 U visa approved (received approval notice)
      May 18th 2017 : Received 4 years EAD.
      May 20th 2017 : Got leave sanctioned from work.
      May 26th 2017 : Departed US (trip to india)
      June 6th 2017 : Consular Biometrics (New delhi consulate, india)
      June 7th 2017 : Consular Interview ( 10 mins No questions asked - Approved)
      June 12th 2017 : Received Passport with U1 visa stamp for 4 years.
      June 16th 2017 : Departed India
      June 17th 2017 : Reached US - Chicago ( No question asked at POE ) same day resumed work.
      ---Waiting for my 3 years to complete so i can apply for my Green card but in between i can travel to india as i have visa with multiple entries.

Just dont lose the hope.
      Congratulations.
      I'm also about to get approved real soon. I've previously overstayed my Visa. Do you think I might have difficulty to obtain a new visa U1 if I leave before getting Green Card?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiscal Year 2018 U Visa Approved
      Application Date - April 14 2014
      DA EAD - April 10 2015
      2nd EAD Application Date - Dec 16 2016
      2nd DA EAD - June 18 2017
      I-918 Approved - Oct 12 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Kongrats Kriss 4

Comment

Originally posted by csharam.uc View Post
          Congratulations.
          I'm also about to get approved real soon. I've previously overstayed my Visa. Do you think I might have difficulty to obtain a new visa U1 if I leave before getting Green Card?
          If you have filed I-192 you should be good. Remember I-192 waives all grounds of inadmissibility but Nazi.

Comment

If you have filed I-192 you should be good. Remember I-192 waives all grounds of inadmissibility but Nazi.
            Thank you so much for quick reply. I'm also from India (Punjab) and I haven't been back since 2008. I just checked the photocopy of my U Visa application and I don't see the I-192 form in it.
            U visa date is 04-14-2014 and I just renewed my EAD for 2nd time. Is it still possible to send i-192, if yes do you think it might delay my case further? If no what other options are out there after getting U visa approved.
            I can't wait to get Green card which is really 4 more years (with processing time) after the day I get my U Visa. thanks again.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Fees Were Waived
              On April 14, 2014, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number EAC14xxxxxxxxxx. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I don't see any form to request fee waiver in my photocopy of Initial U visa application. Do you think my attorney might have filled I-192? I'm planning to go see him this friday.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Fees Were Waived
                On April 14, 2014, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number EAC14xxxxxxxxxx. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I don't see any form to request fee waiver in my photocopy of Initial U visa application. Do you think my attorney might have filled I-192? I'm planning to go see him this friday.
                Check with your lawyer and make sure if I-192 was filled or not. If not i would file it just to be on safer side.

Comment

Check with your lawyer and make sure if I-192 was filled or not. If not i would file it just to be on safer side.
                  Just got off the phone with my attorney. He said no. I saw the form I-192 and I was wondering if you provided them information about Travel Information. Question 12,13,14 & 15 Immigration and Criminal history.
                  Also your I-192 was denied?
                  Thanks. I'm little worried at the moment.

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Just got off the phone with my attorney. He said no. I saw the form I-192 and I was wondering if you provided them information about Travel Information. Question 12,13,14 & 15 Immigration and Criminal history.
                    Also your I-192 was denied?
                    Thanks. I'm little worried at the moment.
                    See heres the thing even i knew i did not violated any laws in the past but i was very much sure that once i will receive my final approval i was going to travel to india. So just keeping that in mind i filled I-192 just so that i dont get any sort of problems going thorugh consular processing and over here at POE.
                    Yes you have to fill out the entire application. Mine got denied which did helped me too when i showed that thing to visa interviewer and office at POE where it clearly makes a difference that i havent violated any law and hence they denied my application. I even highlighted that particular lines on my denial letter.

Comment

To csharam.uc, Unlike other EAD that requires individual waiver. U visa is always FREE OF DOLLAR CHARGE regardless applicant's financial situation.

Krismatters, I am most confident to say your denial I-192 states you have NEVER triggered the enter ban. Do you by any chance to tell us what your previous status when you APPLIED u-visa? If it had expired when you got DA or even formal approve of I-918? Thanks
                      U-VISA applied in late July of 2014
                      USCIS received my case on 08-05-2014
                      Biometric was taken in mid September of 2014

A...L...O...N...G...T...I...M...E...W...A...I...T. ..I...N...G

NSC Transfer 11-29-2016
                      Deferred Action 04-20-2017
                      DA EAD Production 08-29-2017
                      Formal Approval with I-94 05-15-2018

Comment

That's a good story ,most say no travel but good to know

Comment

What documents apart from uvisa notice was required?

Comment

Originally posted by koir View Post
                            To csharam.uc, Unlike other EAD that requires individual waiver. U visa is always FREE OF DOLLAR CHARGE regardless applicant's financial situation.

Krismatters, I am most confident to say your denial I-192 states you have NEVER triggered the enter ban. Do you by any chance to tell us what your previous status when you APPLIED u-visa? If it had expired when you got DA or even formal approve of I-918? Thanks
                            I agree with you Koir, as far as I know I-192
                            is for EWI ( Entry without inspection ) or for one gone out of status before filing I-918. My lawyer never filed one for me ' cos I was on another visa and never caught up with law, not even a single traffic ticket. The first question that my lawyer asked me was If I have been ever arrested and then checked if I have any inadmissibility grounds.
                            I think this should clear the doubts of many who did not file the Waiver.
                            Koir, let me know if I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by newlife View Post
                              That's a good story ,most say no travel but good to know
                              He got Balls of steel (sorry if you are not dude). He went outside of USA and went to consulate to get another VISA stamped on his passport. Went through Interview and all that. What if ?

DA EAD - April 10 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X