Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied Sept 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied Sept 2014

My husband applied Sept 2, 2014
    Bio Oct. 4th, 2014

Nothing yet....can anyone tell me when he might be getting something.
    Also, his passport expired during the process. How do I get USCIS his new passport?

Originally posted by nmaciel1 View Post
    My husband applied Sept 2, 2014
    Bio Oct. 4th, 2014

Nothing yet....can anyone tell me when he might be getting something.
    Also, his passport expired during the process. How do I get USCIS his new passport?
    USCIS has nothing to do with the passport renewal except you are required to have a passport valid for minimum 6 months before processing your visa. You need apply for renewal with your country's embassy/consulate in US

Comment

Have you received your work authorization? I got DA in December and I haven't received anything. I'm from July 15,2014

Comment

The attorney applied for the U visa and the Employment Card at the same time. We just need to add a copy of the new passport. The one that was originally filed has now expired. Is it even possible to update it.

Comment

hi guys! i have applied in dec 2014. bio in feb 2015. my passport expired last year. is it a problem ?. i went to INDIAN consulate in ATL they told me we will renew it when you have a valid visa. please reply and help me.THANKS
          Last edited by DEC2014; 06-10-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I m in the same boat... same situation same embassy. I have applied one month before u. Let's see what's gonna happen. Hope for the best.

Comment

I have the same situation but they can renew passport for 1 year. But you have to visit consulate with U Visa original Receipt notice.

Comment

They gave me 1 year passport which is about to expire soon. And they will not issue another passport unless I get the visa.

Comment

Originally posted by Alma View Post
                  Have you received your work authorization? I got DA in December and I haven't received anything. I'm from July 15,2014
                  When did you Mail your application for EAD?
                  I did on 2/17/17 I haven't received it yet. I from August 11 2014.
                  A person on a Facebook group called " información de la visa u ", got an e-mail confirmation that her ead was approved , will print and Mail. Her name is Iris , shes from August 14 2014 . Her case stayed at Vermont.
                  Uvisa app. 8/11/2014
                  Transfer to NSC 11/29/2016
                  DA. 1/26/17
                  DA EAD APP. 3/10/17

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerful View Post
                    They gave me 1 year passport which is about to expire soon. And they will not issue another passport unless I get the visa.
                    when did u apply for renewal for your passport ? and what other things are required. please let me know. when i went there they asked me to bring two green card holders with there details. No body is going to help that way.

Comment

That is the most difficult part, getting green card holder as a guarantor. U can easily find US citizen but finding green card holder with Indian passport is very difficult. Luckily I found 2 green card holder. I don't know how will I renew my passport.

Comment

I smiled it on 12/2016 and I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X