Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband Derivative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband Derivative

I am abroad waiting for Deffered Action and planning to get married and bring my husband to the U.S. My lawyer says I can apply for my husband only when I get a Green Card and then it will take many years for him to wait for the visa to become available. I love this guy and can not loose him, please help. He is I.T. engineer, should we get married fast and file employment based application for him for both of us? How long does it take? Any comments please.

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
    I am abroad waiting for Deffered Action and planning to get married and bring my husband to the U.S. My lawyer says I can apply for my husband only when I get a Green Card and then it will take many years for him to wait for the visa to become available. I love this guy and can not loose him, please help. He is I.T. engineer, should we get married fast and file employment based application for him for both of us? How long does it take? Any comments please.
    Its gereat news that you found your Mr. Perfect. Since you are waiting for DA, you won`t be able to add him on your file even after getting married. Once you get U visa you can sure apply for his U2. I am not sure why your attorney says to wait till you get GC.

When you say to file employment based application, I am not sure what you are asking. That is for sure if he can get H1 or L1, that will be great and you can also file for dependent visa on that and your U visa application still be valid. Contact an attorney, I would say.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
      Unfortunately your lawyer is right. The only way your husband could have been included was if he had married you before applying for the U Visa.

Comment

Working...
      X