Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to approve derivative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to approve derivative?

Friends, how long does it take to approve derivative's petition, if I file it after mine is approved. Thanks. Any timelines?

Like a week after

Comment

Originally posted by January2016 View Post
      Friends, how long does it take to approve derivative's petition, if I file it after mine is approved. Thanks. Any timelines?
      Can you elaborate more ? Do you have the U visa already ? Or do your application is in pending aproval ? Or are you in DA status now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Trump View Post
        Can you elaborate more ? Do you have the U visa already ? Or do your application is in pending aproval ? Or are you in DA status now ?
        My application is pending and I am planning to get married when I recieve Deffered Action and apply for my husband. How long does it take to approve husband's petition if we apply for him after I recieve DA? Any timlines?

Comment

My application is pending and I am planning to get married when I recieve Deffered Action and apply for my husband. How long does it take to approve husband's petition if we apply for him after I recieve DA? Any timlines?
          Can I aplly for my husband with Deffered Action or I need to wait for U Visa?

Comment

Can I aplly for my husband with Deffered Action or I need to wait for U Visa?
            Unfortunately, you needed to get married before applying. After you applied, it is my understanding, you cannot add your spouse. But, please consult an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by maviba View Post
              Unfortunately, you needed to get married before applying. After you applied, it is my understanding, you cannot add your spouse. But, please consult an attorney.
              My lawyer said that I can apply for my husband only after I get a Green Card and then it will take many years until his visa number becomes available. I love this guy and I am abroad and not married yet and want to get married and bring him with me to the U.S. What are my options? He is I.T. engineer
              Should we get married fast and file employment based petition for him for both of us. Please any comments.

Comment

Originally posted by maviba View Post
                Agree with maviba.

Comment

Scorpion, does this mean that you were already married when you first filed I-918? Does this mean that even if I get the actual U Visa, I can not apply for my husband until I get a Green Card?

Comment

Scorpion, does this mean that you were already married when you first filed I-918? Does this mean that even if I get the actual U Visa, I can not apply for my husband until I get a Green Card?
                    You can apply for your husband after getting U visa, not sure yet. Please have an attorney to answer this question.

Comment

I have a question. What happend to derative in case that he or she cancel pending application ? Is she or he going to be deported because nothing is protecting him/her now or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        I have a question. What happend to derative in case that he or she cancel pending application ? Is she or he going to be deported because nothing is protecting him/her now or not ?
                        Well by the book they have to leave the country if principal applicant cancels the pending petition. But not sure it is complicated to say anything as it depends on case by case. An attorney only can answer best.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          You can apply for your husband after getting U visa, not sure yet. Please have an attorney to answer this question.

---

diff attorney gives diff answer....so still under confusion.....where to get exact and final this answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Javierc1203 View Post
                            Like a week after
                            -------------------

hello,

can you pls share more detail about how to add derivatives in approved u-1 status.

i already have u-1 approval since 1 year and now i have to add my wife in my U-1....which form i have to fill and how much iss processing time?

does any one has recently applied like this ?

Comment

which form we have to fill and where can we can this processing time....

kindly give more info on this.

my cell is 917-476-5559

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
                              X