Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.


No announcement yet.

Someone came to the United States almost 10 years ago.

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someone came to the United States almost 10 years ago.

    Now there are problems in her country affecting her. Can she file an asylum?

  • #2
    i thought you had only one year after you entered to file asylum. it might be too late. But I heard some people were filling after one year check with the lawyer


    • #3
      You can actually file after one year of entry in exceptional circumstances such as 1) change of conditions 2) change of country conditions 3) maintaining status but you have around only 6 months after occurrence. It is a case by case basis, I will recommend you call us at 510 742 5887 for an assessment.
      Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

      For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - and
      Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on
      Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.


      • #4
        Hi onair,

        On what basis she is in US? Either came from her country side or on her individual basis. If she is here on individual basis, then in this 10 years she might have got US citizenship and in such case her country police can't arrest her directly and they have to follow lot of legal formalities.
        Last edited by gabriel; 10-20-2016, 01:41 AM.
        Need Any Advice?
        Tax Attorney


        Latest Post