Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Job Change with pending AOS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmw2012
    • Nov 2012

Job Change with pending AOS

What are the implications of changing a job in following circumstances -

1. EAD approved valid till 03/12/13
    2. AOS pending approval
    3. H1B pending extension (Filed on 06/07/12, Expiry 09/30/12)

My current employer is not willing to release the copies of approved I140 & PERM.

Please advise...Thanks
  • shah
    Administrator
    • Oct 2012

Since your EAD was approved since 3/12/2013, I assume 180 have already passed since it was filed, and as long as you move to the same or similar position, you should have not issue under AC 21 to move. You can also do an H1B transfer. I also assume that you have at least the I-140 number, and as for the labor certification, you can do a FOIA to obtain it. Bottom line I do not see any issue even if you do not transfer your H1B to move to another job. However, I hope your i-140 is approved, otherwise, if there is an RFE or some complications your current employer can cancel the I-140. But if approved then it is safe to move because the employer cannot cancel the I-140 at this point unless fraud. You can always call us at 510 742 5887, to get an more information.
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

• bmw2012
      • Nov 2012

Shah, thanks for your prompt reply. I will contact your office with my case details.

Comment

• shah
        Administrator
        • Oct 2012

You are welcome. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call 510 742 5887
        Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
        Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
        Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

• shah
          Administrator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by bmw2012
          What are the implications of changing a job in following circumstances -

1. EAD approved valid till 03/12/13
          2. AOS pending approval
          3. H1B pending extension (Filed on 06/07/12, Expiry 09/30/12)

My current employer is not willing to release the copies of approved I140 & PERM.

Please advise...Thanks
          Our Video Answer

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...