Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old u visa case that was submitted years later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old u visa case that was submitted years later.

I was a victim of a drive by shooting at the age of 12, I never knew anything about a U-Visa, till I landed in immigration custody. I got put on removal proceedings November 2017, and got released out on the Rodriguez VS Robinson bond on May 18, 2018 while representing myself. On April 27th of 2018 I mailed my full package, and they started to process it on May 24 2018. This July 11th of 2018 I showed up to my biometrics appointment..

I was told that if I mentioned that I was in removal proceeding in my application that they would speed the process quicker. But I don't know if this is true, I just heard it from other detainees.

Anyone know if this is true?? And how long it will take? My case is old, it happened when I was 12, I'm 26 now..

I do feel like the biometrics appointment came pretty quick!!! Like I said They processed my petition on May 24 2018 and July 11 2018 I went to my biometrics appointment.
Working...
X