Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa work permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U visa work permit

Hi,

I was assaulted and robbed a month back. I inquired and I'm planning to apply for U visa. My F-1 (OPT) expires on Feb 2020. I heard the wait-list for U visa itself takes 4 years. Can I get a work permit for the time before that?

Originally posted by Sri92 View Post
    Hi,

I was assaulted and robbed a month back. I inquired and I'm planning to apply for U visa. My F-1 (OPT) expires on Feb 2020. I heard the wait-list for U visa itself takes 4 years. Can I get a work permit for the time before that?
    My received date is September 2014, got DA Sometime in the May or July of 2017 and received work permit end of July 2017. But you have to keep in mind the amount of applications have doubled if not tripled since then.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
      X