Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U Visa file march 2016- no update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Visa file march 2016- no update

Hi,

I had filed for U visa in march 2016, my attorney had mentioned at that time that I might get the EAD within . a couple of months but as of now there is no news on it. It has been more than 2 years. Does anyone have any idea how I can get some update or atleast know the status of my case from USCIS ?

Also, I recently read that the asylum for DV victims is being removed, now I am not sure how it impacts U Visa since it is for a crime committed here in the US but I wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks

Originally posted by mahajar View Post
    Hi,

I had filed for U visa in march 2016, my attorney had mentioned at that time that I might get the EAD within . a couple of months but as of now there is no news on it. It has been more than 2 years. Does anyone have any idea how I can get some update or atleast know the status of my case from USCIS ?

Also, I recently read that the asylum for DV victims is being removed, now I am not sure how it impacts U Visa since it is for a crime committed here in the US but I wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks

They are still working on end of 2014, beginning of 2015. It could take between 3 to 4 years for a working permit.
    You can check on the USCIS page and look for " case status on line" and put in your case #, which should start with "EAC".

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Sept2014; 08-13-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X