Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U visa Deferred Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U visa Deferred Action

Hi,

I applied for U visa 2018,. March. After one month i got receipt i797C and i did fingerprints. Can anybody tell me what is the next step and when i will be able to get work permit?
    Thank you

Originally posted by madafaka View Post
    Hi,

I applied for U visa 2018,. March. After one month i got receipt i797C and i did fingerprints. Can anybody tell me what is the next step and when i will be able to get work permit?
    Thank you
    Wait for 6 or 8 months to resive the work permit

Comment

People waiting like 2 years for work permit. Way 6 months?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you

My application is from Dec 2014 and I am still waiting for my work permit. So you will wait about 44 to 57 months to hear something.

Comment

But almavgl, can you still work as of today?

Comment

Are you safe from deportation now after applying or are you still unsafe?

Comment

Originally posted by Elih View Post
              But almavgl, can you still work as of today?

Well technically no, but my employer knows my situation and pays me in cash instead of payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Elih View Post
                Are you safe from deportation now after applying or are you still unsafe?
                While it will help to prevent a deportation it is not guaranteed.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you
                  hey dude or mam, I applied in oct 2017 and gave fingerprints in nov 2017. I thought same that I will get work permit in few months and I will be able to work meanwhile my application of u is being processed but that is not the case. We need to wait till they open our case and make decision on it. If they find out you were really a victim and qualify for U visa than they will give you DA after which you can get work permit till you receive actual U visa but at this pace of speed in immigration, our files are not going to be even touched by officials for next 7-8 years because the backlog is out of the world. even if they approve half of the pending applications for U visa, it will take them almost 10 years to give out actual U visa since they can only give 10000 visa per year, Now imagine how much time it will take for our DA forget about U visa. I have given up hope on U visa since waiting in this country without any legal status it will be worthless since you cannot find a job nor get a drivers license and on top of that, from next month each and every individual out of status or illegally present in US will incur inadmissibility which will not let them back in country for a long time or ban their entry all together. not trying to discourage anyone but this is the reality of U visa now.

Comment

i also applied on 2014 Nov still dont get approval it takes 4 years to come rt now they process for aug 2014 cases may b finished Aug 2014 cause website shows it

Comment

Hi im New in this group
                      But may u visa case was move to Nebraska did Any body know how long will take them to process my work permit??? T.I.A

Comment

My case

My case was transferred to Nebraska on July 1st 2018
                        I'm from Oct 22 2015

Comment

people are waiting frim last 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Honey Patel View Post
                            people are waiting frim last 4 years
                            hi guy's do u know anybody who's i765 got denied and they got approved for u visa ?

Comment

Originally posted by Honey Patel View Post
                              i also applied on 2014 Nov still dont get approval it takes 4 years to come rt now they process for aug 2014 cases may b finished Aug 2014 cause website shows it
                              Today they are procesin nov 12 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X