Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustment of Status/Green Card Approval Via U-Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status/Green Card Approval Via U-Visa

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Here is my timeline for U-Visa after which I will pose my question to ya'll.

U-Visa Applied - June 30, 2014
    RFE - November, 2016
    Deferred Action - Jun, 2017
    U-Visa - Jan, 2018

Has anyone applied and received Green Card via U-Visa? If so, can you please provide answers to following questions:

1. Does USCIS consider if the police case is open or closed in order to approve adjustment of status? Because in my situation, the case has been closed for years.
    2. In order to apply for adjustment of status do we need to obtain a new certification (I-918 Supplement B)? If so, what are the chances of getting it approved the second time?
    3. What are some of the reasons, the Green card application/AOS can be denied?
    4. How long does it take for the application to be processed by USCIS?
    5. Has anyone ever got U-Visa while residing in United States and then gone for stamping of U-Visa at a US consulate? If so, how long did that process take? Was it complex?

The reason I'm asking all these questions is because I have the opportunity to move to Canada but if I move I will jeapredize U-Visa but on the same note I don't want to let go of Canada in case folks have had issues with AOS/Green Card.

Your responses and inputs would be most valuable!!

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.

Did anyone provide you with answers of those questions?

Comment

Nope @tkoeh , still waiting on some input. Can you answer to best of your knowledge?
      Last edited by Aman; 03-06-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Asley, did you go through U-visa to AOS process?

Comment

Originally posted by Asleyferns
          You can call me 8324081533
          I have a same questions...I got my U visa approved in Jan 2018 and case has been closed for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Asleyferns
            You can call me 8324081533

My brother in law was under same situation. he did not get the certification. but his case was much stronger since he has two US born kids and he was able to easily adjust his case from U visa to green card.

Comment

Originally posted by Vish View Post
              My brother in law was under same situation. he did not get the certification. but his case was much stronger since he has two US born kids and he was able to easily adjust his case from U visa to green card.

Vish - I don't think I understand what you meant to say. Per your previous post you are saying that you also got your U-Visa in Jan 2018, same as me. But in this post you are saying that your brother in laws certification was rejected. Is this the I-918 Supplement document from the authorizing agency? If so, are your saying that he still got his U-Visa and GC via U-Visa even after getting his certification rejected? Pls clarify your post.

Comment

Working...
              X