Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.


No announcement yet.

The Q Visa

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Q Visa

    The Q nonimmigrant visa is for international cultural exchange programs designated by USCIS.
    The other exchange visitor visa, J-1, described above is for educational and cultural exchange programs designated by the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs.

    You may be eligible for a Q-1 nonimmigrant visa if you are seeking to participate in an international cultural exchange program. The Q nonimmigrant exchange program is for the purpose of providing practical training and employment, and to share the history, culture, and traditions of your home country with the United States.

    The Q Visa is an employment oriented program but the integral part of your duties must have a cultural element. Generally a Q-Visa is issued for 15 months and an individual is required to spend at least 1 year outside US before he can apply for participation in Q cultural exchange program again.